Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faye
    • Apr 2009

well....he used some kind of elastic bandage. so the comparison was nearby for me.

btw, I'm living in that jacket since I've got it. holds'n breaks well so far.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faye View Post
      well....he used some kind of elastic bandage. so the comparison was nearby for me.

btw, I'm living in that jacket since I've got it. holds'n breaks well so far.
      That is awesome :)

Z's tailored works are also looking very very nice. I will be ordering more pants given the range of textures and deep colors that they come in.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Prezens
        • Aug 2011

The Overlocked Drop Crotch DNA Pants are so fuckin perfect.

Funny thin is, first time i saw zb pants, it was in an online swedish store, and i was thinking fuck, who makes these pants?? it didn't even click that zamb was z man until much later lol

Need some zb's in my life, as soon as possible.

Great work
        One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by noumenos
          but .... where is the torture chair ???
          No worries

torture chair is around
          was not installed as yet but will be on the weekend

i will send you more pics when I do

will answer you PM later today
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

thanks to everyone for the kind words, eve got a long way in a short time!

we just wanna grow from strength to strength..........

thanks for all the Support. we would not have done this without you all

blessings
            ZB

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Hello all

lust a few updates
              please note that we implemented a new purchasing policy and we are asking that for ease of use that the procedure be followed to ensure items are processed and shipped promptly

when a purchase is made through PayPal, we require four things to be written in the notes section of the transaction.

1. Item Name
              2. item color
              3. item Size
              4. Shipping name and address

this information will allow us to process your order smoothly

the standard SZ discount on all items is 15%.........
              we offer free shipping to all our US based clients on our current studio stock

I will be out of the Studio between Wednesday of this week to Tuesday of next week. all pms and emails will be answered during that time but please do expect delays in my reply.

blessings
              ZB

Comment

• tomatous
                Banned
                • Jan 2009

^Patiently waiting :)

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

All,
                  just a reminder that i am still away in Jamaica
                  I will be back in the US on Tuesday
                  some items were shipped by my assistant earlier this week but its too complicated where i am at, with limited internet serve etc to deal with the sorting of tracking and such

I will be back in the US and fully functional by Tuesday night

you can still send mean email or a PM, just expect a delayed response

came for a funeral, but livin a little of the good life here in Negril!

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Back in NY in one piece,
                    back at work
                    so if you have a matter

an item you need to inquire about
                    whether to purchase
                    whether you have purchased and it has not arrived or to check on the status of an item, feel free to drop me a pm or an email

Some stuff was shipped last week and some items will go out between today and tomorrow.

we have a new tram member that deals with shipping and such, she is still learning the ropes and our newly implemented system has some "kinks" we are still ironing out, so bear with us a little

Also, for those who are interested in the preordering for the SPRING SUMMER 2012 collection, an announcement will be made on that soon
                    We may open the ordering period as early as this weekend.........

I just want to take care of all the shipping and other issues at the moment then we can address that

blessings
                    ZB

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Hello all
                      Now that we have gotten our shipping down to a manageable level, and are preparing for the SS12 Production season

We are making an official announcement that we are open to tale the Spruing Summer 2012 private client orders...........
                      Submissions and requests can be made as of now by Pm'ing me or emailing the studio at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

Not all items shown in the collection will be available to private clients..........an official list of items will be made available at: 10-26-2011 at 12:00 am.

For a review of the items in the collection,
                      The Collection can be viewed here

Comment

• hurhur
                        • Jan 2011

pm'ed!

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Hello everyone

just a few update

whether you are a new or existing customer purching an iyem of our, we ask that you kindly follow the new shipping policies in order for us to process your order promtly

wener making a purchase through paypal.
                          there are four things that MUST be listed in the notes section of the transaction.

1. Item name
                          2. iten Color
                          3. item Size
                          4. Name and address for shipping

we kindly ask that everyone follows this format

the standard discount on all Studio Stock item to SZ members is 15% off, depending on theorder, occassionally we give free shipping ot some US clients, but this isnt standard. So if your friend gets free shipping, we are doing it as a courtesy that we may or may not extend to you.

To visit ZFactorie an appoinment MUST be made, we generally welcome everyone, but thus isn't a store, and we always prefer to be prepared to receive a guest rather than someone showing up at the least opportune time.

So that we dont have to answer this again, if you hear rumors of an upcoming womenswear project, let me say s now..............YES, there will be ZB womenswear for the FW12 season. soyou all can tell your girlfriends about this, and all the SZ ladies can look forward to it. we are still fleshing out the ideas and such, so no further details on that now...............we are just confirming the rumors

talk soon
                          lessings
                          ZB

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Just had a good read through the whole thread and I can relate to the ZB aesthetic so easily.. Below are a few of my favourite images/pieces from this thread. The Custom order siamese bag is something I really appreciate. Just the other day I was thinking I'd love that bag with a shoulder strap.. The cuts and tailoring is also executed very well, not to mention the price point which is the best amongst similar* brands.

*Not that I think ZB is overly similar to anything.. sure you can see influences from some places but it definately has it's own identity.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            [*]The original intent when we started the company, was to provide a product to the stores/ clients that was well designed and well made, that could be purchased by people who could appreciate good design/ crafstmanship but weren't necessarily well off.............Someone like myself. As I always say.........."You should have to dodge the Landlord to buy a piece you love"[*]Also bear in mind that as a member of SZ, you get discounts and privileges than non SZ members don't get, non SZ members don't get the generous discounts you guys get. I owe a lot to this forum, I could act "all high and lifted up", but I wont, so in appreciation, I show some love to a movement to which I am forever indebted............[/LIST]
                            This is a lovely sentiment also, remembering ones roots and appreciating that not everyone, myself included, can afford alot of what they'd really like to be wearing. Got a pair of Overlocked Coldyed DNA's on the way. Can't wait for the arrival.

Keep up the good work Z.
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Oasis,

thanks for your kind words.............really appreciated

Over the next few days I will take some time to explain some of the concepts behind the work a little further.

I think you all hear about DNA, Minimalist, Inner, Magic Penny, Echadh etc, but often the concepts behind these words and their proper execution is not clearly understood. I will take some time to explain them a little further.........look for something tomorrow evening

EDIT: on another note
                              sincere apolgies to all those who requested a SS12 pricing sheet and have not recieved it

the pricing sheet is now ready and available by request

price sheet can be requested by emailing the studio at: dialogue@zambarrett.com
                              Last edited by zamb; 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

I think in a way it made perfect sense to start with the Magic Penny. Zam Barrett Dialogue started during the worst personal and financial period of my adult life. My back was against the wall, I was tired of dusting off my resume, cleaning up my portfolio and interviewing for jobs I had no desire for and didn't really want to do................at hear I am a tailor, self taught, and its therapy for me. I didn't want to spend my time around a computer punching keys and looking at a screen. I wanted to make clothes

It was always easy for me to find a job to find a job, I was young, immensely talented and willing to work hard. I always believed I could walk out of one and find another, but suddenly the recession hit and I found myself Jobless, sending out dozens of resumes without getting as much as a single reply. I lost a lot of my investment and the monies I had saved............I was broke. It was then with my back against the wall I made the decision, sink or swim, I was gonna do what I loved regardless of the outcome.
                                The stress of living in NY and struggling had gotten to me I harbored thoughts of going back home to Jamaica, of getting away, of finding some kind of peace in this human Jungle.

It was amidst this stressful and trying time that I made the decision that I was gonna do what I loved regardless of the circumstances. I was gonna go back to making clothes. Its been all I've ever known, all I've done, and somehow I felt too old to take on the challenge of a career change.
                                This was the hand that was dealt to me, and I was gonna play it to win..

Everything that made the first set of magic penny shirts came from Jamaica, the fabric, the threads, the coin in the pockets, the mineral salts used to wash the fabric...........even the man who made them.
                                Actually, the fabric used to make them was ten yards of silk I had bought to make an second dress for my wife for our wedding. I never used it, and kept the fabric ever since. at the time i dint have money to buy fabrics, and decided I was gonna create from what I had. I didn't have a market for the clothes either, but decided I was gonna make clothes, even if I had to give then away.
                                It was this view that led me to begin humming a song I learned as a child

"
                                Love is something
                                if you give it away,
                                Give it away,

give it away.
                                Love is something

If you give it away,
                                It comes right back to you

It's just like a magic penny,
                                Put it in your pocket and you wont have any.
                                Lend it, spend it, or give it away, and it comes right back to you.

there is also a Jamaican maxim, that one should never keep their pockets without money, because money brings money, and if you don't have any, you will never get any. It was the amalgamation of these two ideas that let to the birth of the magic penny shirt.

the Penny is sewn into the pocket of the shirt and made inaccessible, so that the wearer is never without money. then the text is written on the inside that says:
                                "you cannot spend it or give it away, so its always here with you"

Only ten of these shirts were ever made, over two seasons. Five white, original silk with metal fibers
                                and then three grey and two black, raw silk.

There will be an updated version for SS12 studio stock items, but just wanted to share the ideas that led to the birth and evolution of the concept.........

blessings
                                ZB

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎