Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faye
    • Apr 2009

Nice to read about the Penny shirt, Zam. As you know, I own both the black, and also the first metal fibres iteration.
    Not only does the shirt tell a story about its creator, but comparing the 2 shirts and their construction, it also stands for the evolution of the ZB brand from the first to the current season.
    I’m happy that I never let go of the first one. :)

Please tell us about more works. I’m specially interested to hear about some of your ideas for the SS12 season.

Comment

• omgcookielol
      • Jun 2011

Maybe this isn't the place for a post like this, but I really want to praise you for your talent and these wonderful creations that you now share with the rest of us. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to cross-post these pictures from the WAYWT thread, but I'll risk any unknown consequences to praise these fit pictures of yours; you have really sold me on the design of the DNA (I can't wait to read about the concept behind these, by the way) and J pants. You have a way of making these clothes that, before looking at your threads and collections, I thought would have been impossible to create. I think that this is an amazing quality that you have.

... these are J pants, right?

The pants featured in the second picture remind me of riders breeches, but with a more informed cut/design that lends the pants a beautiful, and much more flattering shape than the breeches. I really like the silhouette created by the spacious upper leg/thigh, and the dramatic tapering that happens underneath the kneecap. I've literally dreamed of pants like these. It's a shame to read that you do not plan to use the double ply linen for your SS12 collection, as I've only heard really nice things about them...

And speaking of SS12..

This is the most beautiful black shirt I've ever seen. I've wondered before if and how a comfortable assymetrically buttoned shirt would work... and this really looks amazing.. it's plain genius.

I also really like your blazers... I wonder if ZB is all I'll wear next season. I would have no problem with that (aside from an empty wallet ) because I think that you this amazing gift of connecting with your niche/audience/market that results in your offerings being everything they've dreamed of.

I can't wait to see what the mind of ZB has in store for the world...

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

omgcookielol,

thanks for your kind words, and its perfectly fine to cross post the images, because they are relevant to the discussion you are having

Over the next few days I will write more about the concepts and such, so you can look forward to that.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Hello All,

I am making a kind request that if you are intending to place an order for the SS12 season, please reply to me as soon as possible, we are beginning production now and it is important for us to close off this phase so we can set the production calendar. last season we had some delays and we hope to not have that kind of situation again.

the close off date for SS12 private clients order is November 15th.

thanks
          blessings
          ZB

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Zam Barrett Dialogue

We are please to announce
            we are having a one time only,
            48 hour sale on all FW11 Studio stock items.
            40% Off on all Non Leather items
            30% Off on all leather bags............
            there is no sale on the Items that are available by special order.

Sale begins 12:00 noon today and ends 12:00 noon on Tuesday.
            There is no gimmick, the sale will not be extended beyond 48 hours as everything goes back to their original prices after then

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

is zam sold anywhere in new york? i'll be there in a week and i'd like to check some of it out!

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                is zam sold anywhere in new york? i'll be there in a week and i'd like to check some of it out!
                you should make an appointment to come and visit us at the studio

blessings
                ZB

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  you should make an appointment to come and visit us at the studio

blessings
                  ZB
                  that'd be quite fun! i am just going to wander around for a few days. the girl is taking a class for 3 days so i am going along for a mini-vacation. i dont have anything planned so if you'd let me i'd be honored!

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Sincere apologies to everyone who requested the Spring Summer 2012 price sheet and are having trouble with it

A new Document will be available later today with all the item listings and the corresponding images to go with them

I will send the document to as many as requested it.
                    however if you did email and you recieve nothing by 6pm today, please resend your request and we will send the document to you............

Also, 26hrs left in the 48hr sale................Please do take advantage of it, as items return to their original prices after at noon tomorrow

thanks
                    Blessings
                    ZB

thanks

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

ZFactorie
                      ---a pictorial---
                      Part I

Various garments are packed and ready to be shipped

The Siamese bag..............a production run

The Spring Summer 2012 Collection

Only the absolute best threads are used at the ZFactorie. Most of out threads are sources from the legendary thread Manufacturer- American and Efird

Most clothing companies sew garments using Tex 27 for regular seams and Tex 21 for overlocking. at the Zfactorie, we used Tex 27 for overlocking, Tex 40 for regular seams and text 60 or 80 for heavier fabrics......the clothes are built to last

Vintage Singer Lockstitch buttonhole machine
                      Of all the Machines at the Zfactorie, this is my favorite. I remembered the first day I stumbled across it in a dusty machine shop in NYC. It was apart from the other machines because the proprietor thought no one used these machines anymore so no one would want to buy it. I could not leave it alone...........the Screws, the iron, the working parts were all fascinating and I had to have it

the Proper way of assembling a shoulder on a coat is discussed, and brought to fruition

Everything at the Zfactorie is hand cut, individually one piece at a time.........

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
                        Wonderful of you to provide insight into your creation process. The last pic could be a graphic from a horror film poster.
                        are you saying that I'm ugly enough to star in a horror film

Comment

• tomatous
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          are you saying that I'm ugly enough to star in a horror film
                          "IMA CUT YOU... SOME SOFT J PANTZ."

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JoniF
                            Anthoy Perkins was handsome and starred in Psycho.

Using human skin as fabric for sure.
                            ^sounds oddly poellian
                            zamb is a better model for his clothes than anyone else (sorry tbone) so I think that can attest to how we think he looks :)

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Hello All,

we want ot say a kind thanks to everyone who purchased items during our 48 hour sale

I am updating to let you all know that some items will be shipped today and tomorrow, then the remaining items will be shipped on Tuesday of next week

I will be away from the Office, between tomorrow Nov 11th and Nov 14. as I have a funeral to attend in Jamaica.

One of my great friend, Mentor, Pastor and Spiritual adviser has passed..........He was a great statesman and philosophical mind, who has influenced my outlook on life in a significant way.
                              I must do the honorable thing and pay my respects in celebrating the lifework of this great Icon.

I will still be available by PM and email during this time so please feel free to contact me with whatever questions or issues you may have..........

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Hello everyone

I am still in Jamaica
                                will be back in the US tonight and at Zfactorie tomorrow morning
                                I will answer all questions regarding tracking, line sheet request etc when I return stateside

Jamaica has been great, and , I got one more round of fabric Shopping
                                to go before I leave tonight
                                Got some really amazing fabrics for upcoming projects.......but missed out on some great basket weave cotton on Saturday night because I got too exited
                                Bought alot dont know how im gonna carry it all......but we'll see

Also, I will be extending the deadline for SS12 Preorders until this Friday November 18th. after then there will be no extension

the extension is only because Ive been out of the office and not able to close off all discussions at the original deadline

i ask those who are in discussions with us, to please finalize your request before then so we can be early this season

thanks
                                Blessings
                                ZB

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎