X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Coming this Friday at 12:00 am
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Ok,
      so who is behind this?
      I know it could only be an Szer........

Comment

• tron
        • Dec 2010

hah I posted something very similar on my blog
        You have lots of admirers out there zam!
        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

T,

thanks a lot man
          I really appreciate the support

we are doing Spring production now and preparing for going to Paris in January.

the Friday sale will begin our sale leading up to Paris..........will also be some surprising goodies along the way..........

I think having ZFactorie has opened up a lot of possibilities for me. 2012 should be great

Originally posted by tron View Post
          hah I posted something very similar on my blog
          You have lots of admirers out there zam!

Comment

• cmitso412
            • Feb 2010

Zam,
            Is the sale going to be at ZFactorie or online? Thanks for the info.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
              Zam,
              Is the sale going to be at ZFactorie or online? Thanks for the info.
              Sale will be online
              we will have a physical sample sale sometime in the near future, but we are not ready for that yet,
              actually sale begins now. i will make a posting in the classified to avoid discussions here

Lots of goodies to be had..........

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

There has been some degree of confusion as to the difference between some of our products..........

let me say this: None of the items that we made, are just given random names just for the sake of sounding cool. the items are named as per the conceptual/ design framework upon which they are built
                Take for example, the Hooded Razor Coat.

The Coat is named after William of Occam:

the the renowned logician and nominalist who developed the laws of parsimony which has come down to us in the form of Occams Razor.
                William was a Friar, of the order of the Franciscans, who are known for wearing a hooded cloak as there preferred, item of dress and identification........

The idea was to use William, his philosophy and means of dress, as both a source of inspiration for the collection as a whole (The Venerability of Parsimony) and this coat in particular. we wanted to make something that referenced it, but more modern and not so literal, so we took the hood, from the Franciscan cloak, we also made the coat with very sharp seams, as to suggest the idea of a razor............so the name was not just there to be cool, but built upon the inspiration that brought the piece into being

The Minimalist Jeans

the Minimalist J jeans was also developed and introduced as a part of this collection. The idea was to create a pair of jeans that had all the essential components of a five pocket jeans, but reducing or eliminating certain superficial (ie, non minimal) aspects like the external top stitching etc.
                The back yoke of the jeans and the front pocket facing are cut into a single continuous piece of fabric. The side seams of the jeans are eliminated an the seam that create the J shape of the leg is rotated to the back of the pants to form the seam for the back pockets........so all the details on the pants becomes both aesthetic and functional details rather than things being there just for the sake of embellishment.

the pockets are sewn internally, rather that placed on the garment and stitch on, and they are fully lined in an additional textured cotton. it was no easy feat to produce these pants........many people actually got wounded in the first batch with the rigidity of the Canvas.....

To be Cont'd
                Last edited by zamb; 12-01-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Haven
                  • Oct 2011

Loved the above info Zam, your ethos philosophical minimalism seems spot on!

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by noumenos
                    And what about the Echadh top, Zam ? Can you tell a bit more ?
                    F,
                    Thanks, good you asked
                    Echadh is the English transliteration of the Hebrew word meaning "one" as in uniqueness, etc
                    It is often used in the sense of God, to express a tri-une plurality

While I do not buy into the traditional western concept of a tri-une God (ie, Father Son and Spirit) and that's another discussion for another time
                    I found the concept itself inspiring and interesting.

If you should look at your shirt, you will see that the body of the shirt has only one seam at CB. The sleeves also have one seam that rotates around the elbow and continues onto the shoulder to the neckline, so there are three (tri-une) major continuous seams on the the one shirt, with each one creating the three major parts (the two sleeve and the body) of the garment.

In a way it effectively makes the garment also mire durable as the less seams you have on a garment, and being placed in areas of the garment that receive minimal tension/ friction, the more durable the garment will be.......
                    Last edited by zamb; 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• chomeo
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      The Minimalist Jeans
                      the pockets are sewn internally, rather that placed on the garment and stitch on, and they are fully lined in an additional textured cotton. it was no easy feat to produce these pants........
                      great post Zam! this above was what attracted me to the minimalist jeans and bought the wrong version. nevertheless, can't wait to receive my replacement!

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

Since Zam does not have an archive (yet? ) thought I'd share this photo I took here

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

^ you could ask for it to be made.... although z's clothes on hangers hardly look as great as clothes on people

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Aussy and J

you guys and the others who would like this will have to lobby the moderators for that.
                            Im patient, I'm sure day time will come

On another Note..........Something to read

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

...Go Zam!
                              Happy New Year and best wishes for a great 2012,
                              Geoffrey

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

thank you Sir!
                                I am certainly going

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎