X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it - if you don't mind me asking about the sling bag, it looks like the strap can either be worn on the shoulder like a tote with the bag horizontal, or like a backpack with it oriented vertically. Is that right?
    first part is correct , but you cannot wear it like a backpack

Don't worry there is/ will be a backpack soon, just not this season as that would be a disaster
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

zamb.
      you realize the "summer" collection really deserves a thread of its own.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
        Banned
        • Jun 2011

Everything looks great Z, especially the shorts. Whats the story behind the 3d tee?

Comment

• Czx
          • Feb 2011

Loving it Zamb. I think I'll be grabbing some of it for my summer wardrobe if my wallet allows :)
          néant
          Last.FM paranoia
          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
          0 > ∞

Comment

• tron
            • Dec 2010

that sling is beyond words Zam - what an amazing color. Was that the natural leather bag you posted earlier this week?
            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Icarium
              • Oct 2010

Wow yeah that sling bag color wise is phenomenal. Also all the faulted shoulder pieces are great, really like that design element. And I didn't think the echadh seam could be topped at the price point for me.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                Everything looks great Z, especially the shorts. Whats the story behind the 3d tee?
                I am doing alot of reserch into greek philsophy and actually attempting to learn Greek for my own research purposes. you cannot see the seams on the back of the shirt in the pic very well but it lind of mimics very loosely the fourt letter of the greek alpahabet "Delta"
                the cut of the shirt is also three dimensional because the left and right sides on both front and back are not symmetrical. so its a kind of play on three dimensional cutting and the letter delta in Greek, hence the name "3DT"
                i think there will be better pics of it in other colors, or i could post an illustration of the design but very busy today so i will follow up on it when I
                get a chance
                T
                Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                Wow yeah that sling bag color wise is phenomenal. Also all the faulted shoulder pieces are great, really like that design element. And I didn't think the echadh seam could be topped at the price point for me.
                THE SLING
                yes this was the same back, final result of the images of undyed hides we posted a few days ago, the bag was made and then dyed this custom color we developed by mixing rubine red with Grey to give us this dark blood/ maroon weave been working with........it was a really crazy experiment, but we really love the results as they were very successful..........I am actually liking this bag a lot, as I tried it and it feels very comfortable on my shoulder.

THE ITEMS
                Some of the Summer items are ready now, we will not be selling anything as yet as we are still producing others and working out the prices for the stuff. I think items will be available for sale in about two weeks from now. I must say that prices WILL be slightly less expensive for summer items than some of the Spring Stuff, dont ask me about them yet because I dont know the prices now.............
                I make first then figure out price later

"ARTISANAL HOODIE"
                There will be one price though, where the price will be ridiculous........the yet to be previewed "Artisanal hoodie" made of a stretch linen and silk fibre, very dense but comfortable, crazy seam work, new concepts and a vain amount of hanstitching. we've been making this thing for three days and now my staff wanted to fire me yesterday!!!!!!!
                we are finishing the hand stitching today, maybe a preview to come later.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Artisanal Hooded Top

A story in pictures.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

Reminds me of the Orchid Jacket from InAisce - Although I prefer how the Artisinal Hoodie isn't as form fitting. Great stitch detail and the cuff closure is really intriguing.

[edit]
                      didn't want to make another post

just wanted to say I'm really glad to see you're so committed to craftsmanship Zam. I've seen evidence in your work before but going so far as to create something so complex utilizing so much hand stitching is really inspiring.
                      Last edited by tron; 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM.
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
                        Reminds me of the Orchid Jacket from InAisce - Although I prefer how the Artisinal Hoodie isn't as form fitting. Great stitch detail and the cuff closure is really intriguing.

I think the french seam with raw edges is similar to his, but thus is a different beast altogether man.
                        60% of this garment is sewn entirely by hand, utilizing three different hand sewing techniques. and the next 40% by a single needle sewing machine, as the name "artisanal" suggest, it was a study in the skills level of my team here with little of no input in the machines

this pocket

is sewn entirely by hand to the garment, with only pick stitching visible on the outside

the Zipper
                        here is sewin in entirely by hand with a herringbone stitch, the hood is also finished by another kind of hand sewing technique

the back of the piece is cut along the selvedge of the garment, with two darts at the nape of the neck to give the back of the hood shape. there is a V shape cut along the neck of the garment from the body, that sits where your neck meets your skull at the nape.

I will say more later...........

blessings
                        ZB

Comment

• pennickNY
                          • Jan 2012

The sling bag is absolutely sick, NEED ONE!!

Comment

• Faye
                            • Apr 2009

oh wow...that's just mindblowing! the back of the hood and the darting in the neck area looks just sick! truly a manifesto of the skills of you and your team! :)

furthermore, it reminds me of the anatomical hoodie that I own from Collateral, but your approaches are completely different of course.

please excuse the naive question, but how will the extensive use of handstitching affect the durability of the garment in comparison to machine sewing?

also, the pricing question comes to mind. I suppose we're talking 4-digits here?

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Hello All

Please just a reminder, and I cannot overemphasize this:
                              Whenever a purchase is made through our studio,
                              and the payment is made via paypal:

I need this information EVERYTIME you make payment to us, posted in the NOTES section of the transaction

1. Item name
                              2. Item size
                              3. Item Color
                              4. Name and Shipping Address

while I do sometimes, not every order is preapred for shipping by me. This information allows for you to receive the correct item in a timely manner. if the protocol is not follwed we then have to go outside of the system to either PM you, search old messages or go to PayPal for your shipping address and as a result delays the shipping of an item.
                              We love you all and we appreciate the support, please help us to get the great products to you in a timely manner

Blessings
                              ZB

Comment

• Vanquish_Gold
                                • Dec 2010

Tell me you don't have the hoodie in black please... I absolutely adore how the hoodie structured from the neck upwards, now I just need my arrow and bow to complete the wood elf hunter look. Easily a holy grail in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎