• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    I have a question about this belt:

Zam Barrett Dialogue is an Artisanal Apparel Accessories and Clothing Brand for Men and Women. The company is based on Brooklyn NEW YORK and all our apparel and accessories are made by a team of skilled artisans under the direct supervision of the designer.

The belt is so thick that I'm unable to fold the loose end under the buckle (like in the picture) when worn. And I tried hard, broke a sweat and everything :D

I can barely do it when I'm not wearing it but even then the leather is so thick I have to really work it in there.

Is it supposed to be like this and is there anything I can do about it? It's really nice but I can't wear it because of this problem :(
    Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
    I have the same issue with that belt. I can eventually get it tucked, but it creates an enormous bulge under my shirt that really alters the drape of my tops. Not sure if it will break in to lay properly or not. I think the portion of leather that wraps around the hinge needs to be shaved down a bit to help it lay flat and tuck more easily, but that would require unstitching it.
    I guess that both of you didn't pay enough attention to what Zam said here.

Natural design can only be achieved by the help of some kind of supernatural power that no one has ever seen but whose effects you do need to get a working belt.
    And if it does not work, my guess is that you didn't pray hard enough.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

/\ LOL Christian

I hope you come to visit me next week in the showroom

As for the breaks and Skidder

the belt does get softer and easier to use with wear.

The leather we use for this belt is thinner in some areas than others, and it seems at time during the production that belts end up being cut at times with the thicker portion at the end of the belt.

we have had another person indicating this issue, while others have no problem at all and what we will do in the future is split the end of the belt on all of them in the production run so as to prevent this issue from happening on future items.

it also seems the ones we overdyed in colors like Maroon and Combat Green gets softer much quicker aided by effects of the dye on the leather.

Also, for the upcoming SS13 and FW13 seasons there will be some newer belts in different designs and slightly thinner leathers as we have gotten access to a wider array of leathers and treatments so expect a wider assortment with this issue considered in the future

for the immediate issue, I will PM you both to address the issue, there is no point in owning something from us to which you have a problem wearing..............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• aussy
        • Jul 2011

looking forward to this new, more refined season

Comment

• gettoasty
          • Apr 2012

Just dropping by to say Zamb is wonderful to deal with and the tri-panel pants I picked up from F/W '11 (?) are wonderful. Love the pebble like texture the wool creates.

^enjoyed the vid.

Comment

• old
            • Jul 2009

Zamb, just wanted to say that the FW13 tailored pieces are definitely the best I've seen from SZ designers by a large margin, the sleeves fall absolutely beautifully, something I've never seen outside of bespoke garments other than perhaps Tom Ford.
            Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

• Eye
              • Jan 2010

just back from the fw13 showroom
              this season is different than the previous, feel like the brand found its identity throught new cuts and lines, new materials with still this solid and strong shape that embodies zam's work.
              can't recommand enough the new pants especially the coated j jeans i had the chance to try
              and not talking about the leathers ...
              anyway anyone whos in paris right now HAS to visit zams showroom
              WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Hello All

hope all is well
                After a hectic but successful Paris market week we are back in the US now

Anyone who has existing and pending business with us, please feel free to send us an email or a PM and we will give you a status update regarding such business.

things are still a little hectic, but we are adding the necessary parts to give you a more cohesive and customer friendly experience here at Zam Barrett Dialogue

thanks again
                ZB

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post

baaad!

Ive gotten too fat for mine!
                  you gonna wet your pants this FW13 season
                  best Jacket we produced and its coming back in the new collection for FW13 with a lot of improvements

I loved this leather but it was a little too thick and took long to break in,
                  the newer version has a higher collar than this one that frames the wearers face better,
                  available in both goat and horse, a much softer more pebbled goat and also in an overlocked version in horse,

lots of leather coming this season, with a lot more tailoring and some really great fabrics
                  a lot of old classics updated but also a lot of new ideas..........
                  i am excited to see what you come up with, do you have pics yet? also what will the pricing be like? (range is fine)

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                    i am excited to see what you come up with, do you have pics yet? also what will the pricing be like? (range is fine)
                    Zam Barrett FW13
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                      thanks a lot

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

So we've been getting a lot of inquiries regarding this jacket,

so as to save ourselves from answering the same questions individually,
                        here is the general information regarding this piece:

This jacket was one of the strongest piece in the collection for the FW13 season

it was ordered by several stores and will probably come in three different variations, one of which will be carried exclusively by Zfactorie.

The style /Sample shown, is a very lightweight calf that is hand coated and slightly waxed , but will also be available in a black horsehide and possibly a ram leather in maroon/ deep red.

What we know is there will be a coated black in calf as shown, along with a black horsehide version, and a very deep maroon/ red of which we are still fleshing out exactly what kind of leather that will be.

Please be patient with us as we are still selling the final sales items of the FW12 season, along with dealing with production for the SS13 season and some custom orders for our private clients.
                        As a part of our renewed commitment to ensure that we do things properly, we will deal with FW13 items a month or so from now so that we can properly take care of SS13 deliveries and such......even though the FW13 collection is already released.

The Collection this season is significantly larger than before with a lot of Strong items and some solid basics that are updates of classic pieces along with some completely new ones we have introduced

as for the pricing on this Jacket which many have asked about, I am not sure yet and such information will come at the proper time, we haven't even began to calculate retail/ suggested retail for any of the items in the collection.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

thanks zam!

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Hello to all our friends and supporters

Zfactorie will be having our first ever 60% off sale began today at noon.

items are currently 60% off on sale, it is the end of the season and we are making way for new items for SS13.
                            to take advantage of the sale, please use coupon Code FW60 at checkout
                            Happy Shopping and thanks for the support!

http://shop.zambarrett.com/
                            Last edited by zamb; 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

Great video Zam. Love seeing the clothing come to life in this way.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                                Great video Zam. Love seeing the clothing come to life in this way.
                                Vanna

thanks, Glad you (and many others) have liked it, that's the way we want to go ahead with presenting our work. nice, intimate and substantial.

Also, we will be doing a small presentation of the FW13 Collection here at Zfacotrie next week on Feb 13th.
                                We will be opening an invitation to all New Yorkers and all who are in NY at that time to come and visit and view the collection

After Feb 13th, appointments can be made to see the collection for about a week or so thereafter

A formal announcement on this will be made Later today.

As for the Zfactorie Web Store sale going on,
                                there are several items, Like Henriksson hoodies, tanks etc and a few pants from past season (Z-1 etc) that are not listed on the site that can be bought on sale at the sale prices.
                                to do that please make an inquiry via email at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎