X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

---SPECIAL WORKS FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE ---

Ever so often we have some really wonderful clients who ask us to create something special for them. It could be something from our archives, or past collections that they may have missed out on. It could be that special item we designed but they need in a different fabrication than the one in which it was originally released.
    This is a special order classic RAZOR coat that has been updated as per the request made by one of our clients. The coat is made from a very durable 50/50 cotton/linen fabric. The front of the coat fully is canvassed. The lining is 100% silk and the buttons are laser cut leather buttons that have been dyed and heated.
    It is a special Coat for one of our clients based in Michigan who has been lovingly waiting for four Months on this beautiful piece that is now finally finished and on its way to him. Perfect timing, with now being the perfect weather for this coat.

Last edited by zamb; 10-31-2013, 12:40 PM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ That is gorgeous.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        /\ That is gorgeous.

thanks maestro, you should get one, would do you well in this fall/ winter season.

the customer got it today, and send me a nice email:

Hey Zam, coat arrived today and holy fuck it's amazing. Definitely worth the wait and I'm glad I picked that fabric. I had reservations at first because of the linen but the look and feel of it is just top notch.

Thanks & take care!

Also,

For all the clients who bought the "Inner" leather jacket from our archives sale and are concerned about the stiffness of the jacket. the jacket will get softer with wearing. the newer FW13 version is made of a softer calf leather, probably a better quality leather than the first version, but for me, I much prefer the leather from the Original season.
        I saw a client in his a few weak ago and it had broken in Amazingly

I had also requested of another client and friend who bought one in size 46 o snap a few pictures of it for me.

here is what he sent to me.

I wished it looked that good on me!

Comment

• Picasso
          • Jul 2013

Yo, zam been trying to contact you. if you could get back to me would precciate it

Comment

• Picasso
            • Jul 2013

Guys, I paid for a pair of jeans like three weeks ago and I haven't gotten an email or a pm from Zam since. Is that normal? He's been posting on here...

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Picasso View Post
              Guys, I paid for a pair of jeans like three weeks ago and I haven't gotten an email or a pm from Zam since. Is that normal? He's been posting on here...
              No you did not pay for a pair of jeans three weeks ago, so please stop positing irresponsible statements and misinformation.
              We are not scammers and your item is on its way to you. I forwarded your email to Kymoya, the shipping manager here at Zfactorie. If she had not replied to you yesterday she will be sure to do it before noon today as she is better at dealing with that aspect than I am. Yesterday was a holiday so please factor that into your thought process
              In all likelihood you pants should be to you today because it was shipped last week and yesterday was a holiday..........

next time please email: tracking@zambarrett.com, this way the message goes directly to her and she will be sure to take care of you....

Comment

• Picasso
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                No you did not pay for a pair of jeans three weeks ago, so please stop positing irresponsible statements and misinformation.
                We are not scammers and your item is on its way to you. I forwarded your email to Kymoya, the shipping manager here at Zfactorie. If she had not replied to you yesterday she will be sure to do it before noon today as she is better at dealing with that aspect than I am. Yesterday was a holiday so please factor that into your thought process
                In all likelihood you pants should be to you today because it was shipped last week and yesterday was a holiday..........

next time please email: tracking@zambarrett.com, this way the message goes directly to her and she will be sure to take care of you....

I wasn't insinuating that you or your company is trying to scam me, as a matter of fact that was the least of my concerns especially since many have dealt with you here. Your past speaks for itself. And I said "like three weeks", it was an approximation, but i know it's been two. All I wanted was a confirmation of the payment at the very least. I don't know about anyone else but I don't like being left hanging after making a payment, it's not right. Thanks though will be eagerly anticipating the package.

-edit-
                I also sent an email to both your addresses, including the one you posted. though it was about 3 days ago i hadn't gotten a response.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

dialogue at zambarrett is throwing a "mailbox full" error. I've been trying to get ahold of you for a bit now.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    dialogue at zambarrett is throwing a "mailbox full" error. I've been trying to get ahold of you for a bit now.

Cleared the inbox, a my wife just messaged me saying she had the same problem too

J, I will get in touch with you before the end of the day via email

Comment

• flashoflight
                      • Sep 2013

Hey guys (and Zam), I have a question about washing the heavy wool overlocked sweater. There isn't a wash instructions tag. I'm mainly wondering if drycleaning would be a good idea with this? I've looked through this thread and seen some washing instructions for other stuff, but not for this. I've also read that Zam takes pride in that his construction is top notch and I guess I can probably throw this in the washing machine on cold. But I'm wondering if it would be safer to dry clean. I don't know the effects of dry cleaning on this material.

Also this is the first Zam thing I've ever owned and I'm so happy with it! The cut, fit and construction are all excellent!

Comment

• Dorje
                        • Oct 2013

I would never machine wash a sweater, I always hand wash them... if you want to try it google some instructions because there are a few tips and techniques I'm not sure need to be gone over here in great detail. Or just dry clean.

Comment

• flashoflight
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
                          I would never machine wash a sweater, I always hand wash them... if you want to try it google some instructions because there are a few tips and techniques I'm not sure need to be gone over here in great detail. Or just dry clean.
                          Dry cleaning is probably what I'll do then. Just wanted to make sure dry cleaning it won't screw it up in any way.

Thanks!

Comment

• flashoflight
                            • Sep 2013

Is the Brooklyn address a store as well the workshop? I can't seem to find hours and days of operation anywhere. I want to visit today, but it's a bit far and I don't want to go all the way only to realize that it isn't a store or that it is closed.

I've tried calling the number, but maybe they are not open yet/not open on weekends.

Does anyone know?

Comment

• Picasso
                              • Jul 2013

Sent you a message. love the jeans

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Cleared the inbox, a my wife just messaged me saying she had the same problem too

J, I will get in touch with you before the end of the day via email
                                Do drop me a note when you get a chance. No rush.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎