• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    delatapie

Thank you for you inquiry

Category : M, which we are still developing further is a project of putting the items we offer under the brand into distinct categories for our own benefit and also the benefit of the customers.

If you looked at the Wooden tag you received on your item in the past it always listed a category code. beside the code the is always the letter(s) Z. A or M which are all letters of my first name.

here is what the mean.

• category Z: Designer items and conceptual pieces which are new(er) every season. these items will be generally priced the highest in the collection

• category A: Accessories and other non clothing articles

• category M: Core items made from season to season with minimal evolutionary updates. these items are generally non leather items and are prices slightly less than items of category Z

Category M will essentially become a distinct product group (sub brand) which we deal with on its own. we are still working on how to do this and also how to effectively price and market it but decided to do a quiet launch for this season. There is still more items to be added in the next couple of days so check back often and you will see what is there.

bless
    ZB
    So would you say Category M is like a diffusion brand then? Or perhaps more like DRKSHDW is to Rick Owens? Or perhaps it's a bit more like the "capsule" of Zam Barrett, or even a combination of two or even three of the above?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Also,

I must take the time now to address a few issues and clear up any misconceptions that exist about Zfactorie/ Zam Barrett Dialogue because I see some greatly misguided and false information going around online (which for the most part I dont care about), but since I have spoken and dealt with some customers and friends who have believed some of this misinformation let me take the time to address it here:

To all those who are thinking/ waiting/ hoping for Zam Barrett Dialogue to collapse/ go under you will have a loooonnnggg time to wait because it will almost NEVER happen. I have been sewing and making clothes for almost 25 years now and with hopefully the blessing of length of life will be doing it for another 50.
      I am not someone who simply fell into Fashion or saw an opportunity to cash in on an aesthetic without the core fundamentals and the true love of craft to simply walk away when I get bored or thing are not going well.
      Within me lies all the necessary core skills that allows for me to run a very stable and successful business and if we stick to our core principles we are pretty much fail proof
      I have given my life to this profession since I was 14 years old, now I am 38 and I am certainly not going to quit anytime soon, if ever.

Zfactorie is a REAL place, it is not just a webstore for the Zam Barrett brand. Zfactorie is also a manufacturing company based in Brooklyn NY with over 40 sewing machines and 10 (and growing) employees.
      Our work does not go out to factories to be made, but EVERYTHING that is made for the Zam Barrett Brand is made at Zfactorie, from jeans, to leather jackets to suits to basic T-shirts and beanies.
      Again, EVERYTHING, not a single item is contracted out.

Our Washing, dyeing, fabric treatments, color mixing etc is all done on site with our own methods and our own skills that we have and continue to develop with time and patience.

Not only do we produce collections for Zam Barrett, we also produce collections for two other design companies. (we hope to grow this in the next year to 5)

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie is a self financed company. All operating revenues come from the products we make and the services we offer. The company is 100% owned by me and there is no financiers, no investors, no bank loans, no debt. nothing. the only financial struggles we have from time to time is with cash flow, but since we are generally a debt free company this is an issue we prefer to deal with rather than having an investor and compromising our principles.

Zam Barrett Collections are stocked in 15 stores globally along with Zfactorie website. Collections are produced every season and shown in Paris to the stores that carry the brands products.

If there is a question or concern about our organization, please feel free to send us an email or even a PM here and we will be sure to address any issue you might have. We surely prefer that than for anyone to take information from sources that are not credible and may have other reasons for presenting you with information rather that stating the facts, which they may or may not know............

bless
      ZB
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        So would you say Category M is like a diffusion brand then? Or perhaps more like DRKSHDW is to Rick Owens? Or perhaps it's a bit more like the "capsule" of Zam Barrett, or even a combination of two or even three of the above?

We do not wish for it to be seen as a diffusion brand nor is it a capsule collection.
        Yes the prices will be more friendly than the other categories but that is because the patterns and methods of construction will change very little from season to season.
        It was simply important to do this because a lot of stores request some of the same items every season, and a lot of customers buy items like DNA Jeans, Echadh Seam tops and Henriksson Hoodie every season.
        it became necessary to make those items available all the time but still develop new items and still do research and design. treating the process this way is for our own good and for the good of everyone else
        Last edited by zamb; 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2013

Just ordered 2 tank tops from the category M section! Cant wait

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            Just ordered 2 tank tops from the category M section! Cant wait

thanks for the purchase man
            appreciate it much
            your items should arrive to you early next week.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Hello All

We would like to inform all our friends and clients that all pants styles that will be available for the season is finally up on Zfactorie. All tops are up too.
              the outerwear offerings will be added in the next day or two to complete the range of clothing items we are offering for the Fall 2014 season.

There is a good mix of core items along with the newer seasonal designer range that is completely new for FW14.

Accessories will be added soon.

We also want you to know that a significant amount of items have been added to the Sales section with significant markdowns to some pieces. there are a lot of good deals to be had so please take advantage of it.

The Web store site is not the most practical place to give detailed descriptions and concepts behind our work, however over the next few weeks we will take the time to give detailed reviews of many of the items for the season with pictures etc.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Some Visuals.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Comment

• zabriski
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      Hello All

So we leave to be in Paris tonight to present the SS14 collection
                      Just wanted to give a few updates to our friends and clients here at SZ before I leave for Paris.

If you are in Paris this season and want to check out our work in person, please come and visit us.
                      for the third season we are showing with Stealth Projekt so if you are familiar with the showrooms you will know where to find us.

If you would like to visit and view the Spring 2015 Collection, please do not show up unannounced.You can send me an email at: dialogue@zambarrett.com and I will schedule an appointment for you at a time when we are not busy with Buyers/ media etc.
                      Otherwise on Sunday June 29th, there will be a party and all are welcome to come..........this party will morph into the SZ/ Silencio event so I will see you all there.

Business continues as usual at Zfactorie. if you have made a purchase or is having issues with an order, please email Kymoya at: tracking@zambarrett.com, she is more that willing to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
                      In the event i am needed she will get in touch with me. I will be only away for 6 days so please be patient and if there is anything to sort out I will do so on my return from Paris

We are still 50% off on Zfactorie, and will continue to sell at 50% until the end of the season, so if you need an item please buy because I doubt there will be any further markdowns.

Congratulations to Mathieu Collette our customer who won the prize of store credit of 100% of his purchase. because he shopped with us on June 17th our Birthday/ Anniversary sale.

We thank everyone here at SZ
                      for the long friendship we have had and for the support we have and continue to receive through this forum

Wishing everyone who is coming or already arrived in Paris a safe trip and a productive and fulfilling market week.

Hope to see some old friends and associates when I arrive tomorrow

talk soon
                      Bless
                      ZB
                      hey it's me hehe. I just saw this post, but i did receive Kimoya's email back in June. I like the FW collection and can't wait to make my selection
                      Is the fabric the only difference between the Z1 and non overlocked classic DNA jeans ? Is one more 'aggressive' than the other ?
                      Thanks again so much !

Comment

• zabriski
                        • Jul 2013

Nevermind, Z1 arent jpants.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Happy Thanksgiving and be safe to one and All!

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Hello All,

If you are trying to purchase something in our black friday webstore sale and having issues with the coupon code please let me know.
                            It seems some people were having issues but the coupon code is now good in both the upper and lower case formats.

If you are still having a problem please message me or email at: tracking@zambarrett.com

Thanks and happy shopping!

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Zfactorie Web store items are now marked down to 40% off on all web store stock. We have added a significant amount of accessories to the sale so please feel free to check out that section.

Also, we are pleased to announce that you no longer need a PayPal account to make a purchase from us, the option has been added for you to directly make a purchase using your credit card.

if anyone is having any issues with making a purchase please feel free to email us at: dialogue@zambarrett.com.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Hello to All SZ members

Happy New Year to one and All.
                                we at Zfactorie are pleased to announce that we are about to do our FINAL markdowns of 50% off on the web store. This will be done over the next couple of days and made public.
                                before we do that we are giving All SZ members an opportunity to purchase Items they would like at 50% off before the sale is open to the public.

All items (excluding leathers are now 50% off to SZers only)
                                to take advantage of this discount you will need to Email: tracking@zambarrett.com or and we will provide you with the code you can use.

Happy New year again to one and All.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎