Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1347

Thread: Zam Barrett Dialogue

Quote Originally Posted by yubbermax View Post
    I just got a pair of Z1 standards as well but unfortunately they're just a bit too tight.
    What size did you get?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Currently wearing my BRAND NEW Overlock pants by Zam ... & wow! These are beautiful. Comfortable / durable / designed accurately. Zam, you have a new devoted customer.
    On another note - the back pockets are placed elegantly, love how they're situated

God damnt how did I get involved in this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsamxo View Post
    Currently wearing my BRAND NEW Overlock pants by Zam ... & wow! These are beautiful. Comfortable / durable / designed accurately. Zam, you have a new devoted customer.
    On another note - the back pockets are placed elegantly, love how they're situated

Glad you received your pants and you are happy with them
    I will message you soon re an appointment to Zfactorie

New Arrivals to Zfactorie

Weightless 4 Button Blazer in Black Linen Brocade

Shrunken 2 button Minimalist Blazer in Linen

Linen

Slim Fit Uno Shirt - Ecru (and White)

Last edited by zamb; 03-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Coated Weightless DNA Jeans -- Grey on Black

Minimalist DNA 2.0 - Cotton Herringbone (stretch)

Overlocked High Neck Razor Coat - Linen

That High-Neck razor coat is pure beauty. The Overlock seams add so much to it.

zam i would like a custom order, can you make me a horse leather jacket please?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Quote Originally Posted by ian+ View Post
    zam i would like a custom order, can you make me a horse leather jacket please?
    Ian+,

can you please send us a message to discuss at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

interesting that of late with all the Drama surrounding custom orders we are having an uptick in request for them.

I think now is a good time to post the polices re Custom orders that i posted on StyleForum yesterday to another client making an inquiry

they have always been as below but we never articulated them as such:

THE PROCESS

1. You contact us with your interest in an item

2. We discuss the item you need and the process that is required for making the order
    3. If it is a stock item, (one of our designs but size/ color/ fabric is not available) then we simply discuss that, quote you the price and the estimated time of completion and you pay the deposit.
    4. We then require a 50% deposit to begin the work
    5. If the garment is a complex one, then we make a Muslin and send to you for fit purposes this ensure that you get the fit you want when the garment is competed
    6. For specialized Fabrics, we send you a Set of samples also for you to choose, (procedure 5 and 6 ensures you get both the fit you want and the fabric you want and significantly reduced the possibility of fit or fabrication errors
    7. Once all particulars of fit, fabric and construction are decided upon and the deposit is paid we begin work on your project,
    8. we give you an estimated time for the completion of the project after all decisions are made.
    9. the time line depends on the nature of the garment. eg. A shirt or pants that isnt complex may take 2-4 weeks. A Coat, Leather Jacket or a suit may take 6-10 weeks depending on the construction and the time of year you make the order. (Paris Markets are always priority and may extend the life of a project by several weeks)

PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
    1. Our custom order business is separate and a part from our webstore and our wholesale business so there are no coupon codes, discounts etc involved
    2. All custom orders require a 50% deposit to begin work
    3. If you cancel your order for your own personal reasons you cannot request a refund
    4. A refund is warranted under three specific circumstances
    (a) The Item took an inordinately long time to make, beyond the agreed time of completion
    (b) The Fabric used to produce the order is not according to specifications
    (c) The Fit of the garment does not mean specifications and as such the garment is unusable
    5. The Final payment (+ Shipping Costs if necessary) for the order becomes due once the garment is ready

We generally do not have problems with custom orders and are often happy to do them. Its an area in which we have great expertise,
    Let me know if the process is OK for you and what exactly do you need
    Last edited by zamb; 03-07-2017 at 07:59 PM.

PEAKED LAPEL BLAZER - COTTON HERRINGBONE

LEATHER HENRIKSSON. UNLINED

SLEEVELESS LAYER HENRIKSSON - FULLY LINED

COTTON LINEN SLIM FIT "UNO" SHIRT
    Last edited by zamb; 03-15-2017 at 08:39 PM.

RE: Anyone who's talking shit about Zam

Zam is a solid guy, artist, craftsman, and friend. I can honestly say that he stands for his work, and the work is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by PUCK View Post
    RE: Anyone who's talking shit about Zam

Zam is a solid guy, artist, craftsman, and friend. I can honestly say that he stands for his work, and the work is solid.
    Yep! Packed light for my trip back to Jersey for Spring Break, and one of the few pieces I brought was my Overlock Zam Jeans. Absolutely love them. They've began to mold to my body and they're absolutely beautiful.

Yep! Packed light for my trip back to Jersey for Spring Break, and one of the few pieces I brought was my Overlock Zam Jeans. Absolutely love them. They've began to mold to my body and they're absolutely beautiful.

Glad you are enjoying them and they are working out for you
    The new ones this season are going to be incredible

1. there is a black textured cotton that is really great
    2. there is a plain NY/CO Poplin that is incredibly durable but light weight in an uncoated version, solid back
    3. there is the same NY/CO Poplin but coated grey with a crushed effect.

The pattern has been redesigned, not that it needed to, but the mad scientist in me needs change, I like the new one better with different seam work and a slightly different fit. still unmistakably Z-1 though as all key features remain the same.

There is also a newly developed MINIMALIST SLIM JEANS, its the same base Model as the MINIMALIST SLIM PANTS, but made into a jeans

There are also three variants to this

1. Coated heavy cotton
    2. Lightweight brushed cotton - grey
    3. Lightweight brushed cotton -black

HEAVY COTTON

the Black is here

the Grey is here

Over the last couple of weeks, our custom order business has come into focus. This focus came about for two polarizing reasons.
    While we are a brand that operates a wholesale business to the stores, and also a brand that does its own retail through our webstore and by appointment retail in Brooklyn NY, Custom Orders are a significant part of what we do.
    This is so because in a market where there is increasingly the outsourcing of product manufacturing, we have gone about the business of creating our own manufacturing facilities where we can produce what we want, when we want, how we want and for whom we want..........The Customer.
    There is no better way of taking care of the needs of a customer than through the medium of collaborating with the client to choose the fabric, the cut, the finish and every other significant detail to create a product exactly to suit the desires of the client.

This feature is an insight into a custom pants we made for a client whom we trust will be completely satisfied with the product when it is received.
    He is a member here at Styleforum, but I will not reveal his identity as I dont know if he wishes for me to do so.....

1. The order was made at the end of January, as per our discussion the client was looking for a simple pair of pants with a loose cut as per his taste. Measurements were provided and we were given carte blanche as to the fabric selection. We have a lot of fabrics in our inventory; both in stock fabrics, and fabrics on hand from our wholesale suppliers who are always sending us the newest and latest they have in stock.
    We selected a doubly ply, carbonated Cotton/Linen that was used as a part of the FW17 collection we presented in Paris in January. It is one of our favorite fabrics that we have ever worked with it has a slightly wrinkled finish, is heavy but not dense, and airy enough to be worn all year round.

THE FABRIC SELECTED
    The darker denser side is linen, the lighter airier side is cotton. the fabric is woven together but can be separated

2. Measurements for the Pants were provided by the client and we created a pattern specific to the desired fit, based on those measurements. (We always advise that if you cannot come to Zfactorie in person to be measured, that you measure your best fitting garment that is similar to the item you are ordering and provide us with those)
    From the Measurements provided by the client the pant was then cut and made.

As per the customers request EXTRA FABRIC was left in the back of the pants, the way custom tailoring is done, to ensure that the pants can be adjusted to a larger waist if necessary.

3. Now the construction of the pants is complete. The bigger issue now is the customer wanted BLACK not GREY............So enter the magic of dyeing, another skill we utilize here at Zfactorie

pants being added to a prepared VAT

Our dyeing process is completely by hand, the garment being stirred and agitated in the bath to produce a uniform and even black color.
    After the garment is dyed, it is rinsed to remove the dye residue and them dried and prepared for finishing.

The pant is finished, the buttons are sewn on and it is packaged to be shipped to the customer

4. While the pants is being finished and ironed, we then make a custom label for the item.
    the label has:
    The fabric content/
    The name of the customer/
    The name of the Tailor who made the pants in our Atelier/
    The name of the brand/

5. Nice Gestures
    The Customer didn't ask for it, but we thought it nice to send him a pair of suspenders with the pants, so that he can decide to wear it with or without.
    here are the suspenders being made by the Master himself.

Altogether we were very happy with the process. from ordering to completion took 5 weeks total, another week was added for preparing the suspenders, packing and shipping the item to the client,

Really love the dye process Zam. I have yet to succeed at it, so I really love seeing how other's do it. I'm going to shoot you a call next week for a tour! Back in Jersey for Break so I didn't want to make super future plans, since I know you're busy. Thanks again man : )

Really love the dye process Zam. I have yet to succeed at it, so I really love seeing how other's do it. I'm going to shoot you a call next week for a tour! Back in Jersey for Break so I didn't want to make super future plans, since I know you're busy. Thanks again man : )
    No worries

We are going to be doing a lot of video content this year, many of which will be tutorials on different aspects of artisanal work.
    We may do one on dyeing, even though the dye methods vary greatly depending on the fabrics that are used
    example, dyeing silk of wool (animal based fibers) is very different from dyeing plant based fibers like cotton or linen.

Its also possible to use the same dyes for wool as one uses for cotton but it gives you a completely different result

Anaxamenes // Black
    Made from Military Bedding.

Anaxamenes Grey

Anaxamenes White

New Workshirt in Multi- weave Cotton