• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    i thought concepts were like fictional characters

Take this:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      To all.

the Magic Penny Shirt in the original silk and metal Fabric is no longer available,

I am currently researching a few fabric that will be used to produce the shirt in another version.
      the concept of the shirt remains the same, but there will be new fabrication, and quite likely another colorway.
      Thanks to a few Szers there is only two shirts left, one is reserved for a special member of the forums, and the other I am contemplating keeping for myself/ the studio Archives if I can get this beer belly here slim enough to look good in it.
      I will keep you all informed of the new fabrication when that is decided upon, and the new colorway...........

Blessings
      ZB
      Come play soccer with me.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
        i agree and think it makes perfect sense. ann will base her collections on the idea of what an artist may throw on from his closet or what rimbaud would dress like today if he were still alive etc - there's always a story behind it not completely relevant to the actual garment which is different from poell doing joints and perforations etc.
        glad somebody understands. takes a true ann fan, i guess :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Merry Christmas to all and a pleasant Good night.

the Z-man goeth down to Jamaica this week, for some Fun, Frolic, Fashion and a Funeral.
          I will be away from NYC for about a week or so, starting maybe this Thursday or Friday.
          To all those who have pending orders. these will be completed and shipped before I leave for the great state of Jamaica.

I am still taking orders/ inquires about other items in the collection etc. and dont worry, I may be away from NY, but not from SZ, I am growing in becoming omnipresent...................

Much love,
          ZB
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• desoloSOS
            • Jan 2010

love the bags the most.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Thanks Much Desolo.

to All.
              I am still in Jamaica. will be back in the US, on Sunday this weekend, May 30.
              know many of you have been hearing of the unrest here in Jamaica, but I am Ok, so far, not as bad as it sounds. though its still bad.

I went fabric shopping today. managed to pick up some really great Silk, Linens and Cotton. Looking forward to a great spring!!!!!!!!

Blessings
              ZB

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Just want to share an excerpt from a lovely PM I got from a satisfied client who is a member of SZ,
                Hi zam,

now what a lovely surprise I got today: the shirt finally arrived! :D
                And guess what….it fits me perfectly throughout the whole body.
                And it’s really something else to see it in real with all those details…I just couldn’t stop checking it out, so that I missed the train for work…lol
                So thanks again for your effort.
                Also, there are a few people who are still to get their orders, I have send pm's with the relevant updates. Please be a little patient with me, the response has been great and I am trying to take very good care of everyone.

Also, there is a new Project to come out of the Studio called:
                ACE PROJeCT. will be debuting sometime in the next month or so, I will give updates and details on the concept, soon.

Much love, honor and respect and to everyone,

Blessings
                ZB

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Ok Guys,

There are several pieces that I have in Stock, that is about to be put on Sale at one of the stores that carry the line. there are also a few F/W pieces that are in the Studio that I am willing to let go.

They are Mostly Sweaters/ tops a few scarves etc. I am making this announcement because I am giving the members here the first chance to purchase.......
                  prices will be about $80- 160 price range, which is effectively the wholesale prices of the items that will be listed

They are mostly suited for bigger guys between 48-52, maybe 46 depending on how you wear the item.

PLEASE NO DIALOGUE/ QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS IN THIS THREAD. ANY INQUIRIES PLEASE P.M. ME WITH QUESTIONS ETC.

I will create a thread in the classifieds as soon as i have the chance. I greatly respect the opportunity and support that I have been given by this forum and want to abide by its rules.
                  All questions and comments through PM's please

Thanks,
                  Blessings
                  ZB

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yesterday I got the siamese tote in the gorgeous washed gray leather and the silk/metal penny shirt. Very happy with both - a big thanks to Zam (although I fear someone I know will steal the bag from me)!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

All,

I consider now a good time as any to take the time to thank everyone who supported the line through its first (Capsule) collection. Whether your support came in a kind word of encouragement, a criticism that pointed out an area in which we can improve, or it came in the form of the many purchases we received from Clients who loved the work so much the blessed us with a purchase and the privilege of giving our work the usefulness of wearing.................we say a BIG THANK YOU

I must let it be known that we a proud to say that for all the purchases we've had, we were fortunate to have all the clients giving us a 100% satisfaction reply with all the garments and accessories we sold.
                      There were no returns, no complaints of bad fit or poor construction, etc............ for that we are humbly proud!
                      Our two best sellers among the pieces were the double ply linen "Soft J" pant and the Iconic "Magic Penney" shirt.

We must say that we are also doing well in the retail locations that stock the pieces here in NYC, things are moving slowly but steadily, just the way we like it.

We are off to a late start but we have just began work on the Spring 2011 collection pieces. It is our aim and hope that the S/S 2011 Collection will be exceedingly better than the previous one.
                      Nothing is confirmed as yet, but we hope to have a small presentation of the collection in September during New York Fashion Week. This will allow our friends and supporters who are in New York at that time to have the opportunity of seeing our work firsthand, rather than seeing them only on the internet................to paraphrase Avanster, "we want you to have a tactile experience".

It may be a weird way to work, but we will be doing a few items for Fall 2010, this will be done after we have completed the Spring 2011 collection, the reason for this is simple, we are behind the traditional fashion Calender, we need to get ourselves in sync, so Spring 2011 becomes the immediate priority. after then there will be a few needed items such as a Coat, Sweaters, heavy pants, scarves etc available to our Customers for the F/W season.

Also, in the not so Distant future, there will be a really wonderful project coming out of the Atelier called ACE PROJeCT
                      The concept of this project is really exciting to us, and will be to you all too, but we will say more on this one later. just be on the lookout for it soon!

Again thanks to everyone here at SZ, you all have been good to us in so many wonderful ways.
                      Please feel free to contact me for any questions, purchases or words of encouragement, whatever...............

Thanks to all,
                      Blessings,
                      ZB
                      Last edited by zamb; 07-28-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

SS11

Hey Zam, congratulations on the success of your first capsule collection!

I'm looking forward to seeing your SS11 offerings. Will be back in nyc late Aug for about a month, hopefully I'll be able to view the pieces in person

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                          Hey Zam, congratulations on the success of your first capsule collection!

I'm looking forward to seeing your SS11 offerings. Will be back in nyc late Aug for about a month, hopefully I'll be able to view the pieces in person
                          thanks Yan,
                          I really look forward to seeing you again too.
                          Spring 2011 is on its way, about 65-70% of the collection is finished, barring the finishing touches.
                          I am beginning to like it, and one fellow SZer, got an accidental preview on Friday and loved it!
                          I myself also got a preview because he tried on some of the jackets and they fit great on him, which is something that i needed to see...

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

To all NY'ers and those who will be visiting during fashion week.

We will be having a presentation of the Zam Barrett spring 2011 collection during fashion week.
                            listed below are the details.

Title: "Voices of VICE and VIRTUE"
                            Date: September 15, 2010
                            Time: 5:00- 9:30 pm

For further information please PM me or email at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

We are encouraging all our friends and supporters to come out and visit us. For a while I had given up on this business...........retired, and it was the encouragement of friends like you all, who has gotten me back into doing this. To all I thank you, because I had lost my love and the joy to create. Through you all I've found it again.

Thanks for the encouragement, the support to keep me going. I couldn't continue without you all, and particularly my friends here at SZ.

I know this isn't the ordinary dialogue of a designer, but for me its different.
                            I'm just a humble Human being who likes to make Clothes and hope that I can make myself and others happy in so doing.

Blessings
                            ZB

Comment

• cuddly
                              • Sep 2007

i wish i can make this. i want to pick your brain on leather bags and accesories making. can it also be a /workshop? jk

Comment

• Wax
                                • Sep 2009

Don't let the annoying fashion system get you down ! Really like some of the pieces especially this Sweater:

>> Grey Wool "DNA" Sleeve Sweater

Do you have more pictures of the fabric? Material looks lovely!

good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎