Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1347

Thread: Zam Barrett Dialogue

Cyber Monday Promo

CYBER MONDAY IS HERE,
    As a part of our Black Friday into Cyber Monday promotions, we have created a category on Zfactorie specifically for Black Friday promotions
    It can be viewed here:
    All items in the section can be bought at an additional 15% Off, for ONE DAY ONLY - CYBER MONDAY
    Lots of great pants at good prices, and a good mix of tops, outerwear and accessories also added
    The promotion starts now and ends at Midnight November 28th

We have added measurements for all items in the promotion for ease of purchase.
    inquiries at: dashon@zambarrett.com

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Hello SZ'ers

We now present to you our second of six day promotional leading to the final release of FW17 items

We are offering you additional 15% off on All Outerwear
    ( a few exceptions: Tri Zip Leather Jacket// Heavy Linen Long Coat/ Asymmetric Lapel Coat all excluded)
    All other outerwear including Category
    M outerwear is included in the promotion

Please use Code: OUTER15 at checkout

Also: please note FINAL70 Code is still active on all Items in Final sale (cannot be used in tandem with any other promotional)

Some Women's wear Coming on Wednesday to Zfactorie

Asclepius Doctors Tote - Linen + Leather

Asclepius Doctors Tote - Leather

Siamese Bag - Grey Horse

Diagonal Strap "Torso" belt

Wide Leg Pants
    +
    Unlined ESC/ Jacket

Sleeveless Detachable "Burst" Top
    Double Layer Bias Cut Skirt
    + Pythagorean detachable belt

Black Asclepius Cock Dress

FEMME - A Line Lined Coat in Wool
    +
    Black Asclepius Cock Dress

Femme Razor Coat in Boiled Wool
    +
    Pythagorean Handmade Buckle belt in horsehide

We are pleased to announce the final release of items in both mend and women for the Holiday season.
    We have just uploaded a large assortment of belts, bags gloves and Wallets to the web,store
    Additionally, for this weekend, ADD15 Code has been activated. The code gives additional 15% off on All Menswear items CODE: ADD15

Siamese - Black

Wool And Leather One Piece Gloves - Black Ice

Elbow Length Wool and Leather Fingerless Gloves

Wallet /B\ in Camel Leather

Wallet /A\ in Camel Leather

Asclepius Doctors tote in Beige Linen and Horsehide Straps

First Rick with the dick
    Now Zam with the cock
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    First Rick with the dick
    Now Zam with the cock

LOL,

In working with the Greek mythological concept, we are using Ascleius the God of medicine as Inspiration.
    In receiving Healing, the Greeks often offered a Cock to Asclepius in thanksgiving.
    Socrates mentioned this to Critio after he drank the hemlock to commit suicide (the then means of capital punishment, that your blood would be on your own hands)

I like to play around with things, give them a double meaning. Last season we made the Asclepius cock dress for women, it had a rooster print on it.

One customer who bought it said "every woman deserves a good cock that fits well"
    this season we made the same dress in black..........So its now the "Black Cock Dress"
    We did not name it as such on the site as I think that would be too in your face and overt.......
    but that is the back story behind the dress......

Well done Zamb,amazing work as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Well done Zamb,amazing work as usual.
    thank you!

Hello SZ,

Zfactorie Gift week promo begins now

additional 25% off on FW17 goods for this week

from Dec 10 -16.

Purchase your item before the 16 and we guarantee arrival before the Holidays for US based Customers

For International Customers, item must be purchased before December 14th

Use Code: GIFT25 at Checkout

A gift suggestion page will be up on Zfactorie tomorrow at noon,

One day the unabridged version of this Story will be told. #MyStory #MyWords #MyXperience. For now, so that no one tells you otherwise, he is the Concise Version. #MyTruth #MyLife #MyJourney.
    .................................................. .............................................
    I started sewing around age 13/14. it was never with the intent to be a designer or any such thing. It was simply a matter of circumstances. I had always loved clothing, and drew very well as a kid. In my country (Jamaica) growing up most people had their clothing tailored. RTW/ off the rack was less prominent then and was mostly for items like work clothes, T-shirts -Jeans but never dress clothes
    I made a deal with a tailor one day, to finish a project for him in in order to free up his time to finish a pair of school pants I had given him 3 months earlier. He agreed, I finished the project (embellishing Jeans) and did it, as he claimed, better than he could.
    He offered to hire me after school to do these project as he claimed he got them a lot and he hated them. For me it was an opprtunity to be productive earn some money and also to be around older men, who drank beer, partied and chased women..........LOL
    The projects became less and less, but i still went to the tailor shop and in my spare time, learned how to make clothing for myself.

Making clothing for myself, my friends wanted me to make clothing for them too, I did. Some paid, some didn't, it didn't matter, I didn't really need the money and I wasn't really running a biz then. I graduated high school, with honors, pure science student, wanted to study medicine, then reality hit, My Parents were poor and there was no opprtunity for student loans etc, like here in the US.
    I got a job as a proof reader, nice Job, I got into a fight one day on the job and got fired. I decided I was gonna do sewing full time, because by then I was doing it as a evening/ weekend project and making like 2 -3 times more than my day job. By then i developed a reputation as this 17 year old clothing wiz and people came from all walks of life to have me make clothing for them. It became a big thing, I hired 5 people at the height. But this was Jamaica, limited...........There was no fashion industry, no way of becoming a great international designer in a country without an industry and one not known for Fashion Design.
    I was a proof reader but I am also a voracious reader, (less so now than when I was younger) I read about McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, GAULTIER, Galliano, all of the greats. I wanted to be one of them, and i figured it wasn't possible to do it in Jamaica, so I decided to leave. I had doubts, i could sew, but I wasn't formally trained, I didn't know what I knew and what i didn't know when measured against the greats. I was 23 then, I closed my Biz, sold my car, paid a part of my tuition and enrolled in International Fine Arts College in Miami to Study Fashion design. I did, I graduated, won some awards along the way, then moved to NY two days after graduation. I had balls, I wanted to be in the BIG CITY.
    I came to NY, made friends, and made clothes for a lot of people. Free on 106 and Park, Alicia Keys, Faith Evans, Cash Money Millionaires and others, I did commercials, movies as an on site tailor, and I also did a women's line under my own name from 2001 to 2006.............But I couldn't go far, I was an illegal immigrant, an overstay on a student Visa and had limitation under such a condition to set up a business
    In 2006 I became a US Permanent Resident got a job an a revered R&D company called Crye Associates. We designed and made Military things and the company had a factory next door to my office. It was there I perfected my pattern making skills, both manually and digitally. it was there I learned about production and how to structure a small factory. I was seeing it right as it happened. I also Learned about functionality and performance in design. (soldiers clothing HAS TO PERFORM)
    I GOT MARRIED, quit Crye for the sake of love and freedom and took a consultancy Job overseeing a menswear startup called Jon Asche. I made Patterns, i designed, I oversaw the samples. It was great, the boss was a wealthy German who was a holder of prime real estate in Soho. Then Acne came in offered him lots of money for his space in Soho, he closed the biz and I was jobless.......and broke from having a huge wedding and burying my father within a span of 3 months
    I decided never to work for anyone again, I did odd jobs and so I started doing alterations, custom clothing and teaching. I made accessories for a store in Dumbo that a friend i had owned. It snowballed I did a small men's collection, did a show in NY in 2010. Buyers came, they loved it, ate it up. We sold to Pollyanna in England, A now defunct store in Russia and AL Select in Japan. I was encouraged by the buyer of Polyanna to go to Paris. I went. In my first season I saw nine stores, sold to seven and was happy.
    I made patterns, graded them contracted out the production, but had issues getting some of it made. One factory had Marc Jacobs giving them 400 pairs of pants, so the owner cancelled my production and told me I had to wait or take my crap and go.......I don't blame him, 400 pants from a reputable designer compared to 13 leather jackets from a no name is an easy choice to make.
    I decided to take matters into my own hands and that was how Zfactorie the production division of Zam Barrett Dialogue began. My journey by then had given me enough knowledge and experience to do what was required to build a Factory and oversee it.
    I bought machines, hired people, trained them and built this nice little factory for myself to do the work how I want to do it. How I believe clothing should be made. It cost A LOT to run, some days we are struggling, others we are doing well. we laugh, we cry, we make beautiful clothing and we try to sell it to people who can appreciate it.
    It is 100% owned by me, we used to have Zero debt, now we have a little, not much, but we have plans to step up our efforts for 2018.
    We have the women's wear now. We have the mainline and we have category M. We have a series of successful products and are continually making new ones. We have a very good customer base, we have lost some good customers whom we hope we can regain and we have had some really good ones who have not left us, along with the new ones we get on a daily/ weekly basis because what we do and the products we offer resonates with them
    We are revising our approach to the Biz its a different time now in fashion than when we started, and those who refuse to change with the times are laid to waste in it's unyielding force . We have learned a lot, some things we could have and would have done differently, some things we did as best as we could and better than was expected of us. But here we are now. 2018, succeeding where others have failed and thanking everyone who have supported us whether it be a store through carrying the brand, a customer who bought our products a hater and critic who sharpened us up to prove them wrong, an intern, an employee, everyone who has and lastly but most importantly God almighty who is the source and sustainer of us in this beautiful journey we are on

We have said it before and we will say it again Zam Barrett Dialogue since 2010 has been making the best Artisanal pants in the world.
    It's our 7th year and we would like to present to you, the Seven best pants we have made for the FW17Season.
    We have taken the time to carefully consider our offering and made the hard choice of creating a list of our magnificent 7 for FW 17.
    For the Next 72 hours we are having 70% off on these 7 Pants which are some of the best pants we've made. We are giving
    Some members here have owned iterations of these pants and can give feedback on the materials, quality of construction and overall fit

Here Goes

The Quadrivium - Carbon

Ridge Seam DNA Pants - Black

The ridge Seam DNA Jeans - Black

The Ridge Seam DNA Jeans - Grey

The Minimalist Slim Pants - Silk + Linen - Black

The Minimalist Slim Pants - Silk + Linen - Grey

Tri- Continental Soft J pants - Coated

BONUS: M-1 is on Special for $170 USD with the Magnificent 7

FROM NOW until December 25th
    ALL MENSWEAR on Zfactorie is between 40 -60% off
    Exceptional Deals on Category M Products - Greats pants and Outerwear at great prices

A small interview did by a friend (and customer) who finally was able to get me to answer questions. A hard thing to do sometimes

Hello SZ
    throughout the year, you have been with us, promoting our brand and its products and you have been faithful in giving us an audience with your time, enthusiasm and purchases of what we do. Its Christmas, and after then the final week of 2017.
    We want to say thank you to everyone who has supported ZAM BARRETT DIALOGUE - Zfactorie and its products throughout the year.
    We are leaving for the Holiday weekend and we have saved our best promotional for this weekend.

Here it is:
    WE HAVE CREATED A SECTION ON OUR SITE, with THE 25 BEST menswear items and 12 BEST women swear Items, All marked down at 50 -70% off. We hope you find something in this bargain that you can appreciate.
    there is a lot there, and you can feel free to take the time to look and see what speaks to you Aesthetically and Financially.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Every purchase this weekend comes with a GIFT FROM US. We are sending you a specially made leather and cotton Mega Tote that will include a small gift from us with your purchase. Below you will see the Mega Tote worn by Dashon. (Zfactorie Web Manager) We Love It and its yours with any purchase this weekend into Monday

We want to wish everyone a safe, peaceful and happy weekend
    thanks again for your support of our brand and its products and we look forward to greater things for 2018

-- ZFACTORIE TEAM

Dashon wearing the Leather and Cotton Mega tote

Mega Tote hanging

The Mega tote comes with a pocket on the inside, in White, on it is printed:
    FW17 - 25 BEST - Menswear and Women's Wear //
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS - ZFACTORIE TEAM

Ride Seam DNA Jeans - Black - 25

RAZOR COAT - 25

SLING BAG - 25

M-1 Category M - 25

FLOWER BOMB SHIRT - BLACK -25

HELLO SZ,

We are about to leave office for the weekend. and when we officially return on Tuesday, it will be a new week and a new year. 2018.
    We want to take the time to thank every customer who either contacted us, inquired about our products and bought an item from Zfactorie during 2017.We appreciate everyone of you.
    This year was an interesting year for us with a lot of highs and a lot of lows, but through it all you were here with us, inspiring us to design, to continue our work and giving us reasons to remain relevant and to succeed.
    As we close out this old year and look forward to the new, for 2018 we promise to serve you better, to work to increase your satisfaction and appreciation of our brand and its products.
    Here are a few things you can look for in 2018

- BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE -
    We make great products, and we have come to realize that taking good care of our customers is paramount to the future success of our brand. We will be working on implementing New store polices and beefing up our customer service staff to ensure that you have the best experience we can offer.
    Often it is used as an excuse that smaller companies move slower and cannot be expected to provide the same level of efficiency as their larger competitors. While some of that may be true We hope to challenge ourselves in that regard, to move from good to great - Look out very early in January for changes and new polices that are geared towards serving you better

NEW DESIGNS AND NEW IDEAS
    For a small brand we produce a wide range of products, from outerwear, to Tops, Bottoms and Accessories. the only areas we have not tapped into so far are Jewellery and footwear.
    While we have a wide range of products, a number of them are iterations of products from earlier seasons. For 2018 look for many of our "classics" to drop out of the rotation and a series of NEW IDEAS/ PRODUCTS to take their place. Right now we are working on a completely new design of the DNA Jeans. Classics like Henriksson Hoodie, Razor Coat etc. will take a break for a while and completely new concepts will be explored. Seminal and underdeveloped ideas that are still in the developmental stages will be introduced to push the brand forward.

- WOMEN'S WEAR -
    We will be expanding our women s wear offering, as we grow the customer base we are exited about women's wear, it offers us a platform for a new expression of our creative output, a new and different customer base and for experimentation with fabrics and techniques we could not do with the menswear

THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET

Our company will have significantly more focus on the North American Market. For Spring 2018 we are hoping to do several Pop up shops a week at a time in about three Cities in North America. We hope to do one in New York (our home base) another in Los Angeles which is our biggest market outside of New York in the United States. We also are working on a Pop up in Toronto, that will help us to reach our Canadian client base further up North. We are exited about these possibilities and we work to have a greater presence and to increase knowledge of Artisanal Clothing in the United States

- GLOBAL -

At the height of our wholesale business, we had about seventeen retail accounts across the Globe. The brand was represented in places like Kuwait, South Korea, Paris, London, Dusseldorf, Tokyo Japan, Kiev in the Ukraine among others. We took a break from wholesaling to stores and our accounts were reduced to about three cities outside the United States. For 2018 and beyond we will slowly again rebuild our wholesale business. We hope to work with SELECT retailers who understand what we do, share similar ideas and are willing to partner with us to provide THE BEST POSSIBLE PRODUCTS and the best retail experience for the customer.
    Artisanal retail and Artisanal Fashion generally is struggling. Over the last 2 years I can think of more than a dozen promising brands who are no longer in business because of the struggles of the market. thankfully we are still around but we take nothing for granted. The world is changing and designers, brands and stores much change with the times. We hope to experiment with new ways of presenting our work and we hope that we can find like minded retailers to partner with us to bring the customer what they need from the brand. We hope to be a part of the resurgence of Artisanal Fashion in both America and across the Globe.

FOR THE NEW YEARS WEEKEND THEY WONT COME WITH A GIFT,
    but we are extending our MegaTote giveaway to all FW17 purchases over the weekend until Jan 2nd at Midnight

The Mega tote comes with a pocket on the inside, in White, on it is printed:
    FW17 - 25 BEST - Menswear and Women's Wear //
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS - ZFACTORIE TEAM

- OTHER UPDATES -

MINIMALIST SLIM PANTS - Silk and Linen has been restocked in bothGrey and Black.this is the FINAL restock of the season we have no more fabric available
    TRI CONTINENTAL SOFT J PANTS - Coated has also been restocked, with the final restock of the season, we have no more fabric available
    TAILORED DNA 2.0 IN WOOL - GREY

More items have been marked closer to 70% . Please check the respective categories to see what is available

Zfactorie New year Sale continues
    Items up to 70% off with additional 18% off for this week with Code New18
    As we promised, we will be taking good care of our US based customers.
    FREE US SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS ABOVE 100 (usd)

Also FINAL 2 days for 80% off in Final sale with code New 2018 - (Ends Friday)

Hi zamb,

and what is your care about customers from Europe? 50 USD for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinator View Post
    Hi zamb,

It costs $60-70 to ship a medium flat rate box to Europe by US post. Every time I sell a magazine to Europe, I lose money. We are small businesses and we don't have the massive discounts that big companies get from shippers. Man, everyone just LOVES to complain - what a bunch of privileged crybabies this world is becoming.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinator View Post
    Hi zamb,

I honestly think people do not understand what is happening here........
    As Faust said, we lose a ton of money on international shipping. A TON, but we still try to take care of our customers

1. We ship FREE to international customers who buy over 350 USD of products from us, sometimes these purchases are already 40/ 50 even 60% off,
    2. We do not make the shipping Charges, the Carrier does so the cost is what USPS charges, not us
    3. Bear in mind that even with this Charge, paypal takes a fee from what you pay, so even then, we still have to offset the cost.....

As I have said before and will say again, if you thing designers are making a ton of money, just look at the amount who were in business two to three years ago and are not now..........