X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Hello All,

On the behalf of the Zfactorie Team, I want to take the time to thank everyone who took the trek out to Brooklyn for our sample sale. It was great seeing you all and helping you to make your purchases during the sale.

We also want to thank all those who inquired online and was able to purchase items with the help of Angie. All items bought through email will be shipped this week and she will notify you of the status of your order once it is shipped

Also, there are a few people who made inquires that she is dealing with. We will continue to process email inquiries until Wednesday of this week so that those who were interested.

thanks again and we will turn our full attention to Fall Winter 2015 now.

bless
    ZB
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
      • Mar 2014

Ah damn I missed it!

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
        Ah damn I missed it!

email Angie

she is magical

Comment

• bigjus
          • Oct 2014

does that include my jacket zam ? bought it two weeks ago and no replys to pm's !

tell me your still alive ...

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bigjus View Post
            does that include my jacket zam ? bought it two weeks ago and no replys to pm's !

I believe the mantra with Zam and shipping and such is "email Angie"

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

My friend I am sorry if you received no word from us

Yes please email Angie @tracking@zambarrett.com

but also let me speak to her and get back to you before the end of the day

there is a lot of items to be shipped because we sold a lot of stuff during the sample sale to clients out of town and overseas and she is taking care of that now

everyone will receive their items, along with the tracking info.
              just be a little patient and she will take care of you
              I will message you later Big Jus as soon as I have some details for you

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

THE HENRIKSSON HOODIE
                concept and progress over the years

The Henriksson hoodie was originally conceived during the spring of 2012 as a collaborative effort between us at Zam Barrett Dialogue and a client based in Sweden, Europe.
                The Client had a need for a slim fitting hoodie that was minimal in its lines and functional in its form. After verbally describing to us what were his desires in the garment. The garment was sketched and a visual sent to him that was approved with very little corrections. After approval of the sketches, it was patterned and prototyped to bring it into being.
                To meet the demands of both being minimal and functional these features were built into the garment

MINIMAL
                The hoodie was designed with only two waist pockets that are cut vertically into the side seam of the garment so they are not visible when the garment is viewed from either the back or the front. This results in a garment with very clean lines that it essentially more complex in design and construction than first would appear.
                The traditional ribbed edges that are usually found of hoodies were removed completely and the hem of the garment reinforced with seam binding tape.
                The pattern of the hoodie was designed so that the hooded portion of the garment is not a separate pattern from the body. The back body panels of the garment merge into the hood without any seam separating the two.
                The front of the hood is attached to the shoulder panels creating a seam that allows for the hoodie to cover the face up to the wearers nostrils and act as a protective mechanism during the colder months of the fall/ winter season.

FUNCTIONAL

The Body of the garment is cut rather slim with high armholes. However the sleeves of the garment is cut into two pieces and allows for a significant amount of range in motion of the wearers arms with comfort and ease
                The original version of the hoodie was created with thumb holes that allows for the sleeves of the hoodie to function as a fingerless glove, adding warmth to the palm of the wearer’s hand in colder weather.
                The garment is slim enough to be worn entirely on its own as an outerwear piece but can also be worn under a jacket of coat to increase layering but does not feel bulky when used as an under layer.

The Henriksson Hooded Top has been produced every season since FW12. It has been offered in Wool, Organic Cotton, and now for SS15 and FW15 in leather iterations that have been sought after by numerous collectors of this piece.
                It has been available in Grey, Black, White, Combat Green and Maroon. It is now available in beige calf leather and black horsehide
                We must also tell you that the item was named out of respect of the original client that commission the piece…It would have never been in existence without him!

Current Season iterations

Leather: Black
                Leather: Grey
                Organic Cotton: Black
                Organic Cotton: Grey

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

One of my favourite from you Zamb. This season looks more sick
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by magic View Post
                    One of my favourite from you Zamb. This season looks more sick
                    I appreciate the kind words man, especially coming from you
                    yes this season is personally satisfying from a creative standpoint. Paradoxically its possibly the most challenging in other respects.

There will be more product features like the one above coming soon
                    the next will be the Tailored Soft J Pants which has been in and out of our offerings since our first collection.

On another note, Today is the final day of the opportunity to buy anything in the sample sale that began last week.

We have also gone ahead and marked down the Finals Sale portion of the web store to reflect similar prices as what was included in the Sample sale

FW15 production is very big and we really need to clear both the web store and out factorie of goods

Tailored Soft J Pants feature coming soon

Comment

• SafetyKat
                      • Aug 2014

Zam I can't wait to visit the factory in the near future. I'm taking a trip to the city for my birthday and I am super exited to see your garments in person.

I was admiring those wool lined gloves some of your models are wearing. Will these be available for purchase?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

THE TAILORED SOFT J PANTS
                        concept and progress over the years

Before there was ever a Zam Barrett Menswear brand, before we built a factory, before we showed our first men’s collection in 2010. There was the Soft J pants.
                        The pants were originally designed for the designer himself. Zam Barrett.
                        Having a need for pants that was as minimal as possible and as comfortable and anatomically correct, as can be, a fundamental feature of military spec design.
                        Zam set out to create pants that met these requirements.
                        The first principle was the pants had to be of natural fibers and it had to have only the essential elements necessary for proper fit and feel of the pants without any unnecessary details

HOW DID WE ACHIEVE THIS?
                        Unlike a traditional straight leg pants, with each of the legs are cut into two distinct panels making a total of 4 main parts. The soft J pants is cut into three panels per leg and made of six main body parts. All three panels for each leg consist of a subtle “soft J shape” which when sewn together, mimics the anatomic contours of the human leg.

Because of the way the pants are cut, there are no darts necessary to shape the upper portion of the pants as all darts are displaced into the seams. The front pocket of the pants is rotated from the side to the front of the body for greater ease of access by the wearer. The back pockets are cut into the yoke, which is attached to the side panels forming one continuous panel from the side panel to the center back of the pants.
                        The original pants had no belt loops, as it was a deliberate effort to make the pants as minimal as possible.
                        The pants have gone through numerous iterations and have been in and out of our offerings at Zfactorie over the seasons.
                        For the FW15 season the pants has been updated with a lower back yoke for easier access to the back pocket and a more aesthetically pleasing line along the seams. The pants are offered in two-color way this season. A washed black Linen that was originally beige but has been overdyed black along with a Natural Grey color in the same 13oz heavy linen as the black.
                        The pants are available in sizes 44-52. With only 10 pairs total made for the FW15/16 season.
                        Last edited by zamb; 09-22-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• bigjus
                          • Oct 2014

hey zam , can you tell me how the DNA jeans fit this season ? got an old pair of size 50 that are 17.5 on the waist , are the new ones the same ?

bless !

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

hey zam , can you tell me how the DNA jeans fit this season ? got an old pair of size 50 that are 17.5 on the waist , are the new ones the same ?

bless !

I am not sure what season you got those from,
                            there was only one pattern change of the DNA's and it was done in Spring 2013.

However another change was done in Spring 2015 (last season) and it was to produce them from a fabric that has 3% stretch in it.
                            so they are more comfortable and easier to wear than earlier iterations.
                            Yes the 50 would be about 17.5 to 18 across the waist

Comment

• bigjus
                              • Oct 2014

not sure what season they are zam , they are a heavy heavy canvas ( like the layer 0 pants from last season ) with no stretch in them at all and the back belt loop has a metal clip inside it ...
                              anyway , back to my origional question - are the new dna's slightly oversized like the pair i have ?
                              im stuck between ordering a 50 or a 52 !

thanks

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

not sure what season they are zam , they are a heavy heavy canvas ( like the layer 0 pants from last season ) with no stretch in them at all and the back belt loop has a metal clip inside it ...
                                anyway , back to my original question - are the new dna's slightly oversized like the pair i have ?
                                im stuck between ordering a 50 or a 52 !

thanks
                                those might have been pre 2012
                                however we did use canvas and metal back loop after the pattern was changed

another way of knowing is based on the label

the label was also changed for Fall 2013 to the cleaner simpler format we have now.

some people love the stiff canvas because it ages incredibly well.

the newer version is more comfortable and the fabric softer because of the stretch

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎