X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Luggage

I felt this is different enough from "Men's Bags" to warrant it's own thread. I'm in the market for some nice luggage that could potentially last me a very long time. I already have one HUGE suitcase that's strictly for packing as many clothes in as possible, but I don't know who makes it or how long it will last. Now I want some nice, smaller pieces for carry-on, or a smaller checked bag. Had my eye on Globetrotter, as they seem to be the go-to iconic piece of luggage. Any opinions?
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

My opinion is just go to Century. They have surprisingly excellent luggage from samsonite and delsey very cheap. I know you hate the place, but it's worth it. With the money you save you will buy yourself a nice rick tee ;-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chomeo
      • Mar 2010

i've had a rimowa aluminum hardcase carry-on that I've used for a few years now. it's been everywhere. I highly recommend rimowa products.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i can't stand luggage so i use a pelican 1510 with the web top and velcro compartments.

it's not object dyed but it gets the job done. will float in salt water depending on load..

Comment

• May 2007

Samsonite Black Label X'Lite 21" hardside spinner in dark grey.

It's a carry-on that weighs next to nothing with four wheels... incredibly easy to wheel around, strong enough to put a bag on top, looks great, sturdy. Fits quite a lot. I've packed a suit, jeans, shirts, t-shirts, and sneakers in it along with other small items. I've had it for years.

I don't think it's made anymore but still pops up on ebay sometimes...make sure to get the 4 wheel version which is the 21". the 22" is 2 wheels if I remember correctly.
          Last edited by image; 06-02-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I swear by the Rimowa polycarbonite ones, half the weight of old fashioned suitcases and more durable. plus the black one looks pretty stealth

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
              • Oct 2009

[QUOTE=lowrey;241953]I swear by the Rimowa polycarbonite ones, half the weight of old fashioned suitcases and more durable. plus the black one looks pretty stealth

I second that, RIMOWA is the best.
              I own the largest and a little smaller version of this one in black.
              Although I quite like the aluminium version as well, especially when it looks beaten up after some travels but the non existing weight of this one is just perfect.
              "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• seenmy
                • May 2009

another vote for rimowa,I have a large classic case,will get a mid size 4 wheel poly version in black soon, for shorter trips.

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

maarten de ceulaer

Comment

• chomeo
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    ...especially when it looks beaten up after some travels....
                    Yup! beaten up and with stickers from all over the world...

Comment

• reborn
                      • Aug 2008

i've been using a mandarina duck frog trolley for the last few years. it fits into any overhead bin and it has a stretchy skin that can accommodate the occassional over packing.

Comment

duct tape!!!

Comment

• agustinboucher
                          • Jun 2010

I've been using a Briggs & Riley 21" carry-on from their Transcend collection. It's got excellent capacity and even has a built-in garment sleeve. They also have the most awesome lifetime warranty that covers all repairs free of charge!

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

After years of having MH Way luggage, I bought the classic black Globe-Trotter luggage about two years ago and I love it, but it does get damaged (patinaed ) pretty easily. The trolly is great for a carry-on though. You do have to be careful with letting water sit on it too long (learned this walking through New York this past winter) as the fiber turns back into pulp.

I have a few friends with the Rimowa black polycarbonate luggage which still looks new after a lot of travel, but I still prefer the finish and lines of Globe-Trotter.

THE HOUSE OF DIS
                            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• surver
                              • Oct 2007

hermes

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢