Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

surver do you know anything about Ralph Baggaley ?

Comment

• May 2007

The Hermes suitcase is around 13k in case anyone was curious.

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

Ralph Baggaley

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        surver do you know anything about Ralph Baggaley ?
        he's the guy that makes the suitcases for maarten de ceulaer, right?

Comment

• hip_priest
          • Jun 2010

Globe-trotter is a great choice. The suitcases are fairly robust, and they look great. I get a lot of compliments and comments about my Globe-trotter bags. For hand luggage, the Berluti Formula 1000 trolley case and the 3 night bag are really nice.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

If you want the most optimized carry-on, reliable, lightweight, allowed on pretty much all international flights and with lifetime warranty buy the Briggs & Riley 20" from the basic line. Speaking from a purely practical perspective you won't get better.

If you want "designed" or stuff like hard shell (more weight but useless for a carry-on IMHO) knock yourself out and pick what you like. LV makes some nice luggage too and so do the usual suspects like Hermes, Bottega and Goyard.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Martin_Dave
              • Jun 2010

+ 1 for Briggs & Riley. If you’re in the market for adventure/outdoor luggage, you should check out their latest collection – BRX (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...enture-luggage). According to Briggs & Riley, BRX has their lightest collection of carry-ons. The line also has some interesting options in small sized checked bags.

Comment

• Damien
                • Jun 2010

Campomaggi luggage?

Originally posted by Martin_Dave View Post
                + 1 for Briggs & Riley. If you’re in the market for adventure/outdoor luggage, you should check out their latest collection – BRX (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...enture-luggage). According to Briggs & Riley, BRX has their lightest collection of carry-ons. The line also has some interesting options in small sized checked bags.
                nice but
                what about the saddler leather from Campomaggi?

quote http://www.pierotucci.com/bags/handb...ndles_1900.htm

d

Comment

• fadetogrey
                  • Apr 2009

I have always wanted a Globe Trotter trolly, but I understand they are made of compressed cardboard or something like that? Is that right houseofdis? Having never seen one in person, and hearing about their great heritage, I wouldn't have expected that. Living in a wet weather location and for some reason always vacationing in wet or snowy weather, I fear this luggage won't hold up well for me. I like the look of them though (leather straps, etc.)- can anyone recommend something similar looking but more durably made for wet weather?

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
                    I have always wanted a Globe Trotter trolly, but I understand they are made of compressed cardboard or something like that? Is that right houseofdis? Having never seen one in person, and hearing about their great heritage, I wouldn't have expected that. Living in a wet weather location and for some reason always vacationing in wet or snowy weather, I fear this luggage won't hold up well for me. I like the look of them though (leather straps, etc.)- can anyone recommend something similar looking but more durably made for wet weather?
                    I can't recommend it as I have never used one but I found this luggage from Alstermo Bruk made of AMO fibre which the company claims is "waterproof for moderate exposure".
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• fadetogrey
                      • Apr 2009

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
                        F2G - Yes, they are made of "Vulcan fibre" which I believe is some kind of wood/paper pulp. Most people that see my luggage think it is made of leather, and it does have a saddle leather kind of look, but it is much thinner and lighter. It has a wooden frame and the lining is usually a cotton canvas material. I love my luggage and the trolly is great for taking on the plane, but if you are going to be walking with it a lot in rain or snow or on really wet roads (puddles) unless it's dried off right away the material starts to get soft. It will dry out, but may warp a bit. I had my Globe Trotter briefcase with me on a trip and it was sitting on a counter top. When I woke up in the morning it was sitting in a puddle of water (the ice bucket had a leak in it), so the lining was wet and the case was pretty soft. In the end it dried out fine, but it was troubling. That said, I'm still very happy with my purchases and don't mind the cases getting some age. It's kind of nice.
                        Last edited by thehouseofdis; 10-19-2010, 08:20 AM.
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Who? View Post
                          I can't recommend it as I have never used one but I found this luggage from Alstermo Bruk made of AMO fibre which the company claims is "waterproof for moderate exposure".
                          http://alstermobruk.jetshop.se/default.aspx
                          Wow, looks like a copy of Globe Trotter and slightly less expensive. They look great. I like the embossed crest.
                          THE HOUSE OF DIS
                          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• suesy
                            • Oct 2010

I love designer travel luggage! I’m a big fan of LV! But what I also like are the limited editions of Samsonite. They’re not so standard in their design, but very light in weight and hard shell. I can’t take it if I try to imagine how the airport staff handles luggage. Not just once did I receive back my luggage where somewhere inside my shampoo popped because they probably threw it around. I say, go for hard shell.

Comment

• hurricane08
                              • Nov 2008

n.d.c makes some nice luggage

Comment

• doldrums
                                • Dec 2008

for suits - briggs and riley? need something for work trips...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎