Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luggage

+ 1 for Briggs & Riley. If you’re in the market for adventure/outdoor luggage, you should check out their latest collection – BRX (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...enture-luggage). According to Briggs & Riley, BRX has their lightest collection of carry-ons. The line also has some interesting options in small sized checked bags.

Default Campomaggi luggage?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Dave View Post
    + 1 for Briggs & Riley. If you’re in the market for adventure/outdoor luggage, you should check out their latest collection – BRX (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...enture-luggage). According to Briggs & Riley, BRX has their lightest collection of carry-ons. The line also has some interesting options in small sized checked bags.
    nice but
    what about the saddler leather from Campomaggi?

quote http://www.pierotucci.com/bags/handb...ndles_1900.htm

d

I have always wanted a Globe Trotter trolly, but I understand they are made of compressed cardboard or something like that? Is that right houseofdis? Having never seen one in person, and hearing about their great heritage, I wouldn't have expected that. Living in a wet weather location and for some reason always vacationing in wet or snowy weather, I fear this luggage won't hold up well for me. I like the look of them though (leather straps, etc.)- can anyone recommend something similar looking but more durably made for wet weather?

Quote Originally Posted by fadetogrey View Post
    I have always wanted a Globe Trotter trolly, but I understand they are made of compressed cardboard or something like that? Is that right houseofdis? Having never seen one in person, and hearing about their great heritage, I wouldn't have expected that. Living in a wet weather location and for some reason always vacationing in wet or snowy weather, I fear this luggage won't hold up well for me. I like the look of them though (leather straps, etc.)- can anyone recommend something similar looking but more durably made for wet weather?
    I can't recommend it as I have never used one but I found this luggage from Alstermo Bruk made of AMO fibre which the company claims is "waterproof for moderate exposure".
    http://alstermobruk.jetshop.se/default.aspx

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by fadetogrey View Post
    F2G - Yes, they are made of "Vulcan fibre" which I believe is some kind of wood/paper pulp. Most people that see my luggage think it is made of leather, and it does have a saddle leather kind of look, but it is much thinner and lighter. It has a wooden frame and the lining is usually a cotton canvas material. I love my luggage and the trolly is great for taking on the plane, but if you are going to be walking with it a lot in rain or snow or on really wet roads (puddles) unless it's dried off right away the material starts to get soft. It will dry out, but may warp a bit. I had my Globe Trotter briefcase with me on a trip and it was sitting on a counter top. When I woke up in the morning it was sitting in a puddle of water (the ice bucket had a leak in it), so the lining was wet and the case was pretty soft. In the end it dried out fine, but it was troubling. That said, I'm still very happy with my purchases and don't mind the cases getting some age. It's kind of nice.
    Last edited by thehouseofdis; 10-19-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Quote Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    I can't recommend it as I have never used one but I found this luggage from Alstermo Bruk made of AMO fibre which the company claims is "waterproof for moderate exposure".
    http://alstermobruk.jetshop.se/default.aspx
    Wow, looks like a copy of Globe Trotter and slightly less expensive. They look great. I like the embossed crest.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

I love designer travel luggage! I’m a big fan of LV! But what I also like are the limited editions of Samsonite. They’re not so standard in their design, but very light in weight and hard shell. I can’t take it if I try to imagine how the airport staff handles luggage. Not just once did I receive back my luggage where somewhere inside my shampoo popped because they probably threw it around. I say, go for hard shell.

n.d.c makes some nice luggage

for suits - briggs and riley? need something for work trips...

Delvaux...amazing leather goods

Reviving this. Finally taking more than a week off to travel and need a suitcase for a month's worth of stuff. My current taste levels are screaming Rimowa Stealth but my wallet is screaming Delsey Helium.
    "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Nothing wrong with Delsey. I use it. I don't see the point in fancy luggage - it will get just as fucked up by the airport crews. Delsey and Samsonite make good-looking luggage these days.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Nothing wrong with Delsey. I use it. I don't see the point in fancy luggage - it will get just as fucked up by the airport crews. Delsey and Samsonite make good-looking luggage these days.
    I ended up going with Delsey. Found the one I wanted on eBags for $110 no tax + free ship. I plan on doing more extensive and frequent traveling in the coming year, so the Rimowa seems like an investment for long term durability and to amplify my own hubris.

Saddleback Leather has always interested me due to its hundred year warranty. And leather is always good as it develops a personality throughout its life.
    The lone man walks the road
    Old patched jacket sewed
    Marks snake where he once strode
    The lone man walks the road

Quote Originally Posted by Interrobang View Post
    Saddleback Leather has always interested me due to its hundred year warranty. And leather is always good as it develops a personality throughout its life.
    +1 on wanting leather luggage. brand doesn't matter much to me. i only ever take carry-ons with me, so i don't have to think about the flight crews scratching it. i highly recommend the damir silent luggage, even though the rest of silent isn't up to par, it's great for short hops or as carry-on, super spacious, and the look and quality are definitely there.

Rimowa, but i always go for the aluminium. But thats just me, my father is now a convert: (he used to use samsonite).... we have now around 10; i bought the first, but he travels a fair amount frequently and swears by them.

The new pelican luggage line is quite badass in pure functionality. nice and light, floats/watertight, seems bombproof. All black one doesn't look too bad either. If something very extreme happens, it looks like every part is serviceable with a lifetime warranty.

judging from their other products, i've seen them take some serious abuse...

Quote Originally Posted by absintheparty View Post
    The new pelican luggage line is quite badass in pure functionality. nice and light, floats/watertight, seems bombproof. All black one doesn't look too bad either. If something very extreme happens, it looks like every part is serviceable with a lifetime warranty.

judging from their other products, i've seen them take some serious abuse...
    Yes! I think Pelican will be my next luggage splurge. I just like the idea of my luggage feeling like a flight case after years of lugging around musical gear.