• May 2011

Delvaux...amazing leather goods

Comment

• nadir
      • May 2011

Comment

• BrokenBoards
        • Jan 2014

Reviving this. Finally taking more than a week off to travel and need a suitcase for a month's worth of stuff. My current taste levels are screaming Rimowa Stealth but my wallet is screaming Delsey Helium.
        "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Nothing wrong with Delsey. I use it. I don't see the point in fancy luggage - it will get just as fucked up by the airport crews. Delsey and Samsonite make good-looking luggage these days.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BrokenBoards
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Nothing wrong with Delsey. I use it. I don't see the point in fancy luggage - it will get just as fucked up by the airport crews. Delsey and Samsonite make good-looking luggage these days.
            I ended up going with Delsey. Found the one I wanted on eBags for $110 no tax + free ship. I plan on doing more extensive and frequent traveling in the coming year, so the Rimowa seems like an investment for long term durability and to amplify my own hubris.

Comment

• Interrobang
              • Aug 2013

Saddleback Leather has always interested me due to its hundred year warranty. And leather is always good as it develops a personality throughout its life.
              The lone man walks the road
              Old patched jacket sewed
              Marks snake where he once strode
              The lone man walks the road

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Interrobang View Post
                Saddleback Leather has always interested me due to its hundred year warranty. And leather is always good as it develops a personality throughout its life.
                +1 on wanting leather luggage. brand doesn't matter much to me. i only ever take carry-ons with me, so i don't have to think about the flight crews scratching it. i highly recommend the damir silent luggage, even though the rest of silent isn't up to par, it's great for short hops or as carry-on, super spacious, and the look and quality are definitely there.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

Rimowa, but i always go for the aluminium. But thats just me, my father is now a convert: (he used to use samsonite).... we have now around 10; i bought the first, but he travels a fair amount frequently and swears by them.

Comment

• absintheparty
                    • May 2013

The new pelican luggage line is quite badass in pure functionality. nice and light, floats/watertight, seems bombproof. All black one doesn't look too bad either. If something very extreme happens, it looks like every part is serviceable with a lifetime warranty.

judging from their other products, i've seen them take some serious abuse...

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by absintheparty View Post
                      The new pelican luggage line is quite badass in pure functionality. nice and light, floats/watertight, seems bombproof. All black one doesn't look too bad either. If something very extreme happens, it looks like every part is serviceable with a lifetime warranty.

judging from their other products, i've seen them take some serious abuse...
                      Yes! I think Pelican will be my next luggage splurge. I just like the idea of my luggage feeling like a flight case after years of lugging around musical gear.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

They certainly look durable but at a quick glance seem to weight twice as much as a similar sized polycarbonate one (rimowa etc). The biggest one seems to be 10.6kg which is pretty hefty considering the standard 23kg weight limit.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ulf
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                          Reviving this. Finally taking more than a week off to travel and need a suitcase for a month's worth of stuff. My current taste levels are screaming Rimowa Stealth but my wallet is screaming Delsey Helium.
                          I have a couple of the Rimowa Topas suitcases (the ones in regular aluminium). They will get dents, but that's part of the charm.

I would really advice against the Stealth, though, because the black coat will get scratched in no time at all. You don't really notice the scratches that much on aluminium colour, but on the Stealth you get aluminium coloured scratches in the black coat.
                          Last edited by Ulf; 12-06-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

if stealth means the flat black color on the polycarbonates such as the Salsa series, I totally disagree about the durability. We have a couple of these and they hold up very well, I've used the older one for nearly 10 years and it still looks good. There are very minor bruises that aren't noticeable from far away.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ulf
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              if stealth means the flat black color on the polycarbonates such as the Salsa series, I totally disagree about the durability. We have a couple of these and they hold up very well, I've used the older one for nearly 10 years and it still looks good. There are very minor bruises that aren't noticeable from far away.
                              Topas Stealth; the surface is anodized, so the silvery aluminium will show through any scratches.

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

Yes but lowrey is not talking about the Aluminium stealth. He is speaking about this material:

Your referring to this model:

Look similar but very different

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎