Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luggage

They certainly look durable but at a quick glance seem to weight twice as much as a similar sized polycarbonate one (rimowa etc). The biggest one seems to be 10.6kg which is pretty hefty considering the standard 23kg weight limit.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBoards View Post
    Reviving this. Finally taking more than a week off to travel and need a suitcase for a month's worth of stuff. My current taste levels are screaming Rimowa Stealth but my wallet is screaming Delsey Helium.
    I have a couple of the Rimowa Topas suitcases (the ones in regular aluminium). They will get dents, but that's part of the charm.

I would really advice against the Stealth, though, because the black coat will get scratched in no time at all. You don't really notice the scratches that much on aluminium colour, but on the Stealth you get aluminium coloured scratches in the black coat.
    Last edited by Ulf; 12-06-2015 at 02:06 PM.

if stealth means the flat black color on the polycarbonates such as the Salsa series, I totally disagree about the durability. We have a couple of these and they hold up very well, I've used the older one for nearly 10 years and it still looks good. There are very minor bruises that aren't noticeable from far away.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    if stealth means the flat black color on the polycarbonates such as the Salsa series, I totally disagree about the durability. We have a couple of these and they hold up very well, I've used the older one for nearly 10 years and it still looks good. There are very minor bruises that aren't noticeable from far away.
    Topas Stealth; the surface is anodized, so the silvery aluminium will show through any scratches.

Yes but lowrey is not talking about the Aluminium stealth. He is speaking about this material:

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/...te=Matte+black

Your referring to this model:

http://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/r...e/453705?ppv=2

Look similar but very different

Ah, I had no idea there was a metal one like that. Doesn't seem like a very good idea, if you want a black one that doesn't bruise get the polycarbonate one imo

Exactly. I've been tempted to get a Stealth, because they are gorgeous, but even the ones I've seen in stores have looked a bit more shopworn than expected. I'd probably get a Limbo if it was available in matte black (they only come in a shiny finish afaik).

Y'all buying the Supreme x Rimowa collab?

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/supreme-rimowa/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Streetwear collaboration are par for the course, it is just pretty weird when it is with a #luxury brand with #luxury pricing.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Finally adequate luggage to keep all my camping gear for the next drop.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Streetwear collaboration are par for the course, it is just pretty weird when it is with a #luxury brand with #luxury pricing.
    Yeah, I don't see hypbeasts or resellers lining up for these. And it's almost twice the price of the regular Rimowa. I don't get it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah, I don't see hypbeasts or resellers lining up for these. And it's almost twice the price of the regular Rimowa. I don't get it.
    … aaaaaand they sold out.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Fendi did this last year -->
    https://www.rimowa.com/en-us/fendi

...maybe Supreme is getting desirable for the people buying fashion-conglomerate (Fendi, Gucci, Valentino, Balenciaga ecc) stuff?

UPDATE:
    Supreme x Rinowa at 24Sevres???!
    http://m.email.24sevres.com/nl/jsp/m...c9t00boEgHY%3D
    Last edited by jap808; 04-13-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    aaaaaand they sold out.
    ...aaannnd they went on grailed minutes later for an overage of $3200

.... aaaand they actually sold at that price (search rimowa in grailed.com/sold)

… aaaaaand they sold out.
    See, what do I know...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Ha! Just came out of the gym (London) and saw two Korean tourists by the fountain with their little Supreme Rimowa luggage. One was sat on his in a serious and pensive pose, whilst his friend took pictures. No doubt for their Instagram feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Ha! Just came out of the gym (London) and saw two Korean tourists by the fountain with their little Supreme Rimowa luggage. One was sat on his in a serious and pensive pose, whilst his friend took pictures. No doubt for their Instagram feed.
    Obviously...

I checked out the Away aluminum line and I think it's a worthy competitor. Not quite as beautiful as Rimowa, but at half the price (in America) of Rimowa I'd hit it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I’m still unsure about aluminum luggage. How does it hold up over time? I’d be afraid to get it back with a fat dent in it, which would decrease the place inside of it.
    -Paris Hilton

I’m still unsure about aluminum luggage. How does it hold up over time? I’d be afraid to get it back with a fat dent in it, which would decrease the place inside of it.
    You surely will - carryon only. Rimowa encourages you to feel about it the same way Carpe Diem does, but that's up to you, obviously (I'm in your camp).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Don’t get me wrong – I do like signs of wear. But when it comes to luggage, functionality must come first imo.
    -Paris Hilton