X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

this right there is my idea of hell

I may revise this judgement when I get lung cancer, but until then...

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've been on an all meat, all carbs diet my entire life. due to allergies and not liking some things, my vegetable intake is limited to salad. I try to avoid fast food though.

as for keeping in shape, I lie to myself about going to the gym.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Wow... reading this thread makes me get the impression all of you guys must be super skinny and slim. Diet, working out 5times a week, no unhealthy stuff. And I thought I was extreme

Working out 5-6 times a week (running / swimming, gym for about 2months a year to prevent myself from injuries but I hate it). Other than that, not caring much for my food but got what I call healthy preferences. Salad is no full meal though Lots of cheese, too. Maybe it's the 'bear inside my stomach' that prevents me from gaining weight? (plus the workout, of course)
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Bubu
          • May 2008

i hit the gym 4-5 times a week.

i walk really fast. people i know thinks I am 'always floating along'.

I'm keen on HIIT for some cardio but am too lazy to start just yet.

I avoid soft drinks save for the rare occasion. I like my coffee black with brown sugar once a day. Drink plain water religiously. I love alcohol though but have them in strict moderation. (stout, beer, wine)

I avoid oily/friend stuffs but that doesn't mean I don't like them.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I read SZ. Nothing is healthier.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jun 2010

i am away from all the bad habbits. I wake up early in the morning. Never delays anything so that the pressure is on me..

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Half of the time the time I cook myself (quite healthy), the other half my diet consists of burgers, pizza, and chips. Never soda though. I drink way too much (and usually get fast food on the way home) and smoke about a pack a day. I go running whenever I have time, which is maybe twice a week. I play tennis when I can afford to rent a court. I do pushups and situps in the morning, but no real 'gym' stuff. I walk or take public transit everywhere. On the average day I probably spend an hour walking. My sleep schedule is very irregular.

My body should be falling apart, but it's somehow holding up.
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

Im one of those guys who can eat all sorts of crap and never gain weight/fat.Rather lucky in the sense that i keep an athletic physique with little or no work.

I smoke between 10/20 a day (quit the ganja a while ago)and drink when ever the opportunity arises :P (mostly beer or a nice scotch),walk a hell of a lot and rarely train.
                  When i was younger i would play a lot of bball and rugby and various athletics,but havent done so for well over 10 years!

I do about 200-300 push ups most mornings,and swim as often as i can. I hate the gym! I recently bought an old school pair of quad bauer rollerskates,so ive been skating quite alot. And bedroom activities are my main source of cardio .I prefer exercise when its fun.

Suprisingly im rather healthy (according to my gp)! Just need to cut out the smoking!
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

I'd been training up towards some serious distance this summer with 3000 miles on the bike between Jan 1 and March 31 this year, and around 300 miles on my feet. Then I jumped off a 20 foot cliff and landed on my hip, ran a half marathon as soon as I "recovered." So, mysteriously I gave myself a really nasty case of bursitis. I've been fattening up while inactive for all of April and May. As of this week, I'm finally able to bike and run again, hopefully will be able to get back to a few hundred miles a week. I never lift weights. Ever. I'd like to hit an olympic tri and some half marathons sometime in July, and then begin actually increasing distance again. Come October, I'm going to get in proper skiing shape. No more falling off cliffs for me.

I eat deliciously, but not very healthily. I don't eat fast food or processed food, but that doesn't mean I'm above braising a slab of bacon and pretending it's a viable breakfast. I drink far too much, but only delicious beverages.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      I never lift weights. Ever. I'd like to hit an olympic tri and some half marathons sometime in July, and then begin actually increasing distance again.
                      One day, you (unfortunately) need to. Depends on how much you like to increase distance. Spent much time training intensely and frequently, always got injured. When you take endurance sports serious (and you have to when it comes to more than half-marathons) a solid base of strength-endurance is necessary to keep you healthy throughout a long year of your favorite sports. Usually, 2 months of gym in the winter should do the job.

Earlier or later you will have to face it... I did. My winter is now ;-) Got enough of always being injured due to muscular deficits. Fucking long distance running
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                        Im one of those guys who can eat all sorts of crap and never gain weight/fat.Rather lucky in the sense that i keep an athletic physique with little or no work.
                        give it time my friend. give it time. i too was like u once.

i watch what i eat pretty closely and try to limit sugar and simple carbs. my meals can be erratic but i try to eat a lot of protein at each meal and cut the carbs completely after about 6pm. and i work out 4 times a week. lately i've been doing kind of a circuit training full body workout thing involving my largest muscle groups. i don't count reps but i try to do as many reps as possible in a certain amount of time and move on to the next exercise with no rest between. so i drop weight when fatigued to keep the reps going. and i vary the exercises day by day to mix it up. then i run but only for 20 min or so because i hate running.

i don't care about big muscles but i need lower body fat % and more lean muscle tone. i think i've reached an age where my metabolism is half what it used to be. i'm really fighting nature to be lean and don't want to waste precious time in the gym and i feel i'm not getting the results i want right now...

i am overcoming quite a deficit though. over the past year or so i've been remarkably sedentary so i guess i have a hill to climb. i've only started exercising regularly over the past few months. i am in decent shape but i am finding it difficult to burn this last bit of fat around my waist

hey instead of maybe just chiming in to say what we do to stay healthy, we could also turn this thread into a this or that / yes or no / small questions type of thread for diet and exercise issues?

looking for tips is all...
                        Last edited by cjbreed; 06-09-2010, 04:15 PM.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                          • Dec 2009

fucking trade secret shit: cycling + climbing + pescaterian diet = IDEAL

slim, cut, fit, not bulky physique, all muscles properly balanced and synergistically functional ; proper body weight / strength ratio and cardiovasuclar/anaerobic endurance

p.s. in addition to pescaterian diet
                          simple carbs=no
                          complex carbs=yes
                          refined sugar=no
                          "good" fat sources like avocados and almonds are good for your skin and hair and speed up your metabolism

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                            • Dec 2009

eat a lot of protein at each meal and cut the carbs completely after about 6pm. and i work out 4 times a week.
                            how much is alot of protein? your body can only absorb something like 18 grams every few hours.. excess protein that is not used--your body stores--as fat... you dont need too much protein, especially if you dont care about big muscles.. a few hardboiled eggs in the morning, some smoked salmon in a salad at lunch or dinner could be sufficient---load up more on veggies and fruit

lately i've been doing kind of a circuit training full body workout thing involving my largest muscle groups. i don't count reps but i try to do as many reps as possible in a certain amount of time and move on to the next exercise with no rest between. so i drop weight when fatigued to keep the reps going. and i vary the exercises day by day to mix it up. then i run but only for 20 min or so because i hate running.
                            sounds like you have a decent plan. 20 minutes of running is good.. if can fit this in to your day at a different time, that would be ideal... doing a long intense workout is not necessary for burning fat, ideally two or three 20-30 min workouts really rev up your metabolism

i don't care about big muscles but i need lower body fat % and more lean muscle tone. i think i've reached an age where my metabolism is half what it used to be. i'm really fighting nature to be lean and don't want to waste precious time in the gym and i feel i'm not getting the results i want right now...

speed up your metabolism by eating smaller portions more often... depending on the logisitcs of planning your day, and access to food at work---do the best you can to eat as many meals as possible, the more meals the smaller they need to be.. also think of your body like an engine, and you are a poor student, only filling it up with enough gas to get from point A to B.

hot sauce, green tea, fibrous vegetables that require calories to be expended to digest, dont drink any calories

Comment

the myth that certain foods would require more calories to digest than they contain is stupid. there's no such thing.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                                One day, you (unfortunately) need to. Depends on how much you like to increase distance. Spent much time training intensely and frequently, always got injured. When you take endurance sports serious (and you have to when it comes to more than half-marathons) a solid base of strength-endurance is necessary to keep you healthy throughout a long year of your favorite sports. Usually, 2 months of gym in the winter should do the job.

Earlier or later you will have to face it... I did. My winter is now ;-) Got enough of always being injured due to muscular deficits. Fucking long distance running
                                Yeah, the PT has been making me do a number of strength exercises. They've, so far, been things I can do without weights or a gym (body-weight strength work), and I'd like to keep it that way, but the recent string of failures in support muscles have made me painfully aware that I need to add whole-body conditioning to make the sports I enjoy stay possible.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎