• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Castor View Post
    Or a worse version of Dries.
    Well, I don't think it's quite that, but I can see the Etro palette, now that it's been pointed out.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Katou
      • Jul 2010

Well, Haider was really working on a womenswear pre-collection
      at the beginning, as he was the guest of Pitti W, then, after finding the
      venue, he wanted to do some menswear to go with the womenswear,
      and the menswear became more important.
      The whole event was a "carte blanche" he called Opium witch included
      an installation in Palazo Corsini and also a book installation with a
      beautiful book he did with inspirations images and writings from friends.

If someone can tell me how I can ad some pix.

Also, this was not a menswear launching, this collection was only
      made for the event but because there were requests from shops,
      it will be distributed in a few shops worldwide, L'atelier NY and Barney's NY and LA, to be confirmed.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

No showroom appointment for me? :( Glad to see that Karlo picked it up - we were talking about it.

Instructions on how to post pictures are here. Send love to MM.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jamesd
          • Sep 2008

Has anyone in NY seen this at Atelier? I'm curious to hear opinions on how the individual pieces come across.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Haven't seen, but heard that it's quite a fail, especially when you factor in the price. Lots of fancy lounge-wear.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

I thought it's DSquared for a moment.

Comment

• jamesd
                • Sep 2008

^ Faust, yeah, kimonos and sweatpants?

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

The blazer with the silver thingies at Browns looked spectacular, in an emperor's new clothes kind of way.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jamesd View Post
                    ^ Faust, yeah, kimonos and sweatpants?
                    something like that. can't really say for sure though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I've looked through what has been available at a few different stores, initially I didn't like any of the pieces but I have to say I've kind of changed my mind about it. the grey jersey pants Atelier has are pretty nice, the basics feel good but are overpriced though. some of the jackets are quite nice, some way over the top - barneys had one fully studded one that was perfectly suitable for all the Genghis Khan pimps out there.

a majority of the store buys seem pretty basic, jersey pieces, the oversized hoodies, plain trousers etc. and it is expensive. atypically, I think LVR and The Corner actually managed to style some of it decently and not make it look super awkward like they often do with any designers.

I actually really like that last jacket even though its not my style at all.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• (((o
                        • May 2009

So has anyone had the opportunity to have a closer look at this collection and feel like they want to share some more thoughts about it?
                        i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• syed
                          • Sep 2010

DSM only seem to have a few basics (tees and vests, which were cool, but for the price...), so I was a bit let down. The oversize hoodie and harem trousers were actually rather nice in person though, construction and fabric were good. The slippers were also really cool, but again they were the toned down ones. They didn't have any of the more opulent pieces that I loved on the runway, so that was probably why I didn't feel so excited. Let's just say that it was on the rail next to Damir, and I spent more time looking at that.
                          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• 1972projects
                            • Mar 2010

Like the Emperor's New Clothes reference! There is something really beautiful about a couple of the pieces, especially when they're stripped of the show styling and viewed individually - the kimono shirts and gilets particularly.

The Erik Madigan Heck pictures capture the overall mood really well also

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by (((o View Post
                              So has anyone had the opportunity to have a closer look at this collection and feel like they want to share some more thoughts about it?
                              Had the opportunity to handle a substantial amount of the collection, and while it did not disappoint, I'm not too surprised that most store buys are generally quite basic.

It is indeed one hell of an expensive collection, especially with the more opulent pieces - the silk kimono-style tops cost almost as much as say, a Rick or Julius leather - although I suppose it can be somewhat attributed to the use of fabrics and/or construction.

Most pieces were generally quite well-made; excellent selection of fabrics as expected - beautiful silks used throughout, lots of intricate embroidery (jackets, trousers), etc... Definitely a tactile experience.

Comment

• (((o
                                • May 2009

Thanks for the insight to all above. I've only heard good things about the selection of fabrics he uses and I really like the cut on most of the jackets. Especially the kimono jackets has caught my interest. But I'm having a hard time seeing most of the pieces worn together with other designers I own pieces from, except for maybe Damir Doma. So that together with the price point makes it easier to just admire the work at a distance.
                                i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎