• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Jil Sander Men's SS11 - Pitti Uomo

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

not very interesting or new, but still very very good. the colour combinations are masterful!

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

It's too bad there aren't more shots of the back since it looks like some of them have some fairly intricate work going on and I think it'd be nice to see how the belts work there because I know he's been playing around with them quite a bit recently and I think the pieces here with them work the best yet.

Glimpse of it here.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

saw this live online yesterday , im a lil bored with the same cuts every year now cos its like , ok i alrdy have like 3 jil sander trousers that are all shaped the same only difference bein the textile mite be wool and others are some kinda tech cotton but i guess thats the js aesthetic which is fine if one doesnt already have a few .
                  so i started thinkin what would get me to buy another gotdam pair if theyre pretty similar , i guess in this collection it would be the bright ass color which i actually like but i wouldnt personally be interested in wearin however i fuckin want this shirt

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

^^
                    Inspired by Jim Lambie (see below) and American Apparel from 3 years ago. Lame.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Visconti
                      • Feb 2010

I like this a lot. The last two spring collections were a real dry spell for me. This seems a natural progression from s/s 07 and 08. I enjoy bringing in splashes of bright color, so this will be very easy for me to mix and match when the time comes. Sure, the cuts are very simple, but that's refreshing after the gimmicky zipper pulls and forced colorblocking from 09. In response to jogu's concern that its all variations of the same thing, for me, that's the appeal. You know what it is. You know it will work. I don't need another pair of black/blue/grey pants (or shirts) cut that way, but these colors offer a healthy extension of what's been offered previously. Raf's recent quote in a style.com interview captures this idea better than I can-

"But I know for myself, it’s like, for the past eight years, I’ve been collecting art. And I follow the artists I care about; I don’t buy one piece by every artist. I know there are people who do that, but I can’t express myself that way. My point of view is that if I love a certain kind of beauty, I want more of that beauty. I don’t need 200 different beauties."

I like this aesthetic. I like colors. So I like this.

And I will do whatever it takes to make that look with the orange suit happen.
                      www.xcatik.com

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

It's another uninspired collection, whatever the inspiration was. The perfectly tailored pants are nice, but they were always nice. Agree - it's quite boring.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zhou
                          • Jan 2010

It blares spring, and not necessarily in a good way. Do like the pants as usual as well as the belted outerwear however the cuts seem to be so basic and uninspired, the accusations of being similar to AA are very accurate. I agree with servo that I would be nice to see those floral pieces in person, I would love to see the details on those.

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

the only thing I like are the perfectly tailored suits. but then again, i like them every season.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Guy Trebay weighs in.
                              I'm glad that for once it wasn't Cathy Horyn writing another Emperor Raf review.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎