Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

Those pics do look a bit better, still a bit too thin for me though. All the extra seams ruin it for me .

Comment

• Wax
      • Sep 2009

does anyone happen to know which tannery provides the leather for Julius?

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

had a chance to handle some SS11 pieces yesterday at Harrold's here in Melbourne, as well as previously at Club 21b in Singapore so figured I'd share some impressions. can't really share much sizing info as Harrold's only stocks sizes 2-4.

leather jackets:
        jut neck asymm rider - handled this in all 3 colours. lamb leather has a dry, slightly waxy hand to it. quite a long cut for a leather jacket.

cowl neck symm jacket - standard leather version only, had a softer hand than the jut neck rider with a slightly glossy finish however it felt a bit too "standard" to me. the "vintage" (designed -S in the item code) leather looks more satisfying to me but haven't had a chance to see it in person. didn't really rate the way the neck draped, too formless in my opinion to allow you to really experiment with styling the collar.

denim:
        knit denim - soft, lightweight with a fair bit of stretch to it. black version is lightly waxed, grey is matte. various cuts, my favourites were the long and regular length skinny jeans with the thigh flap detailing.

8oz denim - fairly standard denim fabric, lighter weight than usual but otherwise as expected. tried the cowl neck asymm rider in size 1, fit like a large 44/regular 46. I felt the fabric was slightly too coarse to be comfortable around the neck, but too light to let you play with the way the collar sits as it tends to just drape. the jeans with the thigh patches and hobo cord belt looked pretty horrible, the skirts and destroyed shorts worked well for what they are.

cut & sewn:
        cotton silk rib - various cuts, most with the dangling layered details that were prominent on the runway. blend was light weight but not as soft as Julius' 100% cotton or cotton/cashmere ribbed fabrics. as expected the s/s tees had exceedingly short sleeves.

cotton jersey - various cuts again, most with layered portions. nice soft hand and lightweight without becoming sheer, perfect for summer. tank tops and s/s tees are relatively basic designs, l/s tees were more unusual but didn't really dig the design.

cupro jersey - slightly pilled finish and an almost lightly scratchy hand, used for various printed tees.

misc:
        sweat parka - fairly standard stuff from _7, preferred the exaggerated crown collars of the previous iterations rather than this detachable neckpiece design.

trenchcoat - cupro cotton fabric was incredibly light and slightly glossy, fit looked quite large which seems to be the norm for most _7 outerwear.

apparently more is on the way in the next couple of weeks (might be a bit early for the mid-summer collection though?), will check that out too if I have a chance.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

does anyone have details on the 2011 mid-summer collection (items, arrival dates, etc.)? only seen a handful of shots on the archive's photobucket preview page.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎