Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stretcheroo
    • Nov 2009

Like the boots. I've started coming around to the Julius footwear (maybe b/c the clothes won't fit me), and the slouchy moto boot is a more wearable color than the white ma+ offering this season.

Comment

i thought the atmosphere was nice, and the styling was good, however, the shapes were missing, excpet for the collars on the leathers. I'll save my opinion for later, usually the individual pieces blow me away, and the overall impression not. fabrics looked really nice except for the distressed denim shit stuff , and i liked the high vents in the backs of the coats.

Comment

• andrew
        • Sep 2009

Paris Men`s Fashion Week Julius S/S 2011 catwalking/modelhommes

full show picks uploaded from catwalking. I'm hoping they will be in vogue.com soon for the close-ups

(edit: sorry posted the wrong link see above now)

Comment

• Nostromo
          • Jan 2010

Damn! I better start saving for some leathers. Horikawa is truly a master of leather jackets.
          But in general I'm pretty convinced by the whole collection at first glance. Definitely Julius, but still something new.

PS: Thanks to Christian for the pictures. Also thanks to andrew, but Christian's detail pics are great.

Comment

• andrew
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
            PS: Thanks to Christian for the pictures. Also thanks to andrew, but Christian's detail pics are great.
            Actually thats not my blog or anything its just someone who has uploaded the shots

DHC already said it in the rick thread but i think its amazing that Christian is taking these shots even though they are detremental to his viewing of the shows. Big thanks man.

Comment

• Zhou
              • Jan 2010

Looks like regular Horikawa, not saying that's a bad thing, with the silhouettes and details, cropped pants look great besides seeming a little busy with all that excess fabric around the waist, however things like that are expected seeing that's the aesthetic he wants to portray

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

mon dieu I look terrible

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

I'm loving his working-in structured pieces... a trench coat over here, a lab coat over there, a frock coat perhaps... its wonderful to see his tailoring mature beyond steamed lamb and sandpapered jeans. happy to say I like this collection!
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

love it. the paper weight frock and reversed trench coats look so perfect for spring/summer, and this collection's iterations of the two cowl neck leather jackets look far superior to the f/w 2010 variants due to the cleaner cut. actually a very big fan of the symmetrical cowl neck leather jacket this time around, definitely on the to cop list:

despite what some have stated I think the chunky vibram soles on some of the boots suits their aggressive style. still not keen on most of the pants, I don't mind that Horikawa likes to include prints on a lot of his pieces however the prints on some of the shorts in particular looks a tad out of place. the basic tees look solid as always and there's some interesting experimenting with draping with a few of the denim jackets, works quite well imo.

also I've been waiting for them to make this jacket for nearly 3 years now:

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

D, my same 2 picks for the leather jackets

Definitely the symmetrical cowl over the asymmetrical.

How is this moto different from the ss2010 version again?
                      Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 06-26-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

^ zip config
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

Yes of course, how could i have missed that!
                          Goes to show how much i really bothered with the ss2010 moto i guess

edit: I'm hoping longer and slimmer sleeves for the ss2011 moto!

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

I always prefer Julius' FW runway shows vs the SS runway shows, and like SS2010 again, the proof in the pudding will be in the showroom itself, here's hoping the Paris crew + Faust makes a visit soon.

D will most definitely get the moto if they have it in black (of course they would have it in black!)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

I see Keyy's got a good seat...even the guy from Midwest Tokyo had to stand

Comment

• stereophobic
                                • Aug 2009

apparently he's been sick since arriving in Paris, and will be dragging himself to the BBS and DD shows

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎