Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

I'm actually finding Julius less and less appealing to me as each season goes by...perhaps it's just my age...getting too old for most of the distress pieces. Never liked cargo pants (of any sorts and labels), and personally I find those bulging pockets and compartments really ugly, it feels like there're more and more cargoes with each season. Do people really like those 'shredded' jeans/pants?

I wished there were more tailored pieces.

That said, there'll always be items that I look forward to...the leather jackets (the simpler, cleaner ones), footwear and basics, and occasionally their coats.

Stereophobic...tell K he needs to get some sun

Comment

• headpower
      • Aug 2009

I don't like cargo and big pockets and probably never will. There are certain periods that I just want everything simple, and clean and there are periods that I like the distress looks. Distress will always have a place in my heart. As I get older, I probabyl will phase out the distress look too.

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

Mike N does Anna Wintour front row.
        Originally posted by DRRRK
        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

Favorite look as well. We are building a similar Julius wardrobe Eternal.

Originally posted by Eternal
          This is great. It it is clearly the same vision as always, but a nice play on destroyed denim and it feels like a SS collection and it is all perfectly wearable. This is less gothic than before though, and I can not see why people would still just think of Julius as over-designed teenage goth stuff.

I think Horikawa did a great job with the distressed denim, better than the take rick did on the theme for ss10. I am not sure about the soles on all the boots as said, but that is just a small issue.

I think the leathers are great, the lightweight coats and the slim shorts.

I loved this look, and I really liked the distressed denim parka which seems to be pretty lightweight from the pictures as well.

And thanks a lot Christian, I am really grateful that you take your time to do this. One day I'll try to make it into a Julius show myself ( if anyone will help me, I'm coming for next SS).
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• yffet
            • Aug 2009

Thx christian for posting. You pictures are being better and better btw.
            I feel a bit disapointed for the first time with Julius. Some Great pieces for sure ( Leather jacket again and again) but noting really new to me.
            Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

Definately agree with D about the 2 leathers. Thanks for the pics Christian, this shot in particular was excellent, for some reason as soon as I saw the view of the jacket, it reminded me of Terminator lol.

Comment

• Nostromo
                • Jan 2010

It seems like I'm not the only one who immediately fell in love with this jacket. It definitely stands out of this collection.
                I also like the leather bracelets a lot, which is some surprise, because I'm usually not a big fan of _7's jewellery.
                I guess the only major thing I dislike are the pants, well not all of them, but most. Then again I never liked Horikawa's baggy cargos and adding some prints surely didn't help. The slimmer cuts aren't bad though.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

backstage photos: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=586

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

thanks Arto and Christian for the photos.

just noticed this jacket is an entirely new cut:

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                      • Nov 2009

^I thought it was, it's a beautiful jacket, I would love to see how this looks unzipped

Comment

• shinoda
                        limited
                        • May 2010

My current favorite out of the whole current SS stuffs!

I'd totally buy and wear ALL of these, if money isnt an issue

Comment

• diamonds
                          • Dec 2006

i guess julius is all out of creative juice...

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                            i guess julius is all out of creative juice...
                            I'm probably repeating myself here, but I don't see why they'd need to somehow reinvent themselves each season. they are sticking to what they do best, keeping the overall look familiar with plenty of additions each season.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Totally agree with Lowrey, and it's one of the main difference with the fast fashion. The designers we love have a strong and cohesive personal universe, which they stick to, declined if some idiosyncrasic shapes, which makes them immediately identifiable. There are of course sometimes revolutions in their design, but they're the consequence of an internal need or the result of an intrinsic evolution, not made to please the consumers' always growing need to see something "new".
                              And when they're forced to produce something new every six monts, it happens what happened to, for example, Pina Bausch.
                              Last edited by Chant; 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Jotsko
                                • Feb 2008

Aesthetic cohesion looks far from attainable. The sheer shirt over printed tee annoyed me instantly. I appreciate quite a few of the leathers. The distressed jean capris weren't integral to the collection. They may have served as a kitsch DIY balance to the manufactured appearance of some of the tanks and upper-wear. Overall, it seems as if item numbers from past collections were drawn and the corresponding item was reductively reassembled for current collection.
                                майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎