• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

Comme des Garçons Mens SS11 Paris

• clay
    • Sep 2006

Skulls????? I guess they are closing the book on that. I think the cut jackets are great!!

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

sooooo glad to see all the blacks n whites again . interesting blazers as usual , skull prints are cute but im not interested in buyin any of em cept maybeeee that black blazer with the shiny skulls all over and the shirts with the skull cuffs . my fave fits however are the rly clean ones like this

overall i like this and just like always there are a handful of complete fits that i think are gems among a sea of so so's but its those gems that still make me love homme+

Comment

• macuser2of5
        • Apr 2010

So far the japanese are crushing milan.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

I see a skull skirt with my name on it!

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

lol i could see u wearin one a those skull skirts . actually more i look at this more the skulls are growin on me

Comment

• metin
              • Dec 2008

I see an entire collection of shoes with my name on them.

Comment

• Macro
                • Apr 2008

seriously? skulls? do I even have to get into how overdone this shit is? i don't care who presents it, shit is DONE.
                every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• rudo
                  • Feb 2009

I don't like the skulls either. not only it is overdone, I never got the appeal from that look. But aside from that. I like the black and white collection. Typical CDG, with nice shirts and blazers. Definitely looking forward to getting one of those blazers.

Comment

• TarHeart
                    • Jun 2009

I like Rei when she is anti. First of all, I like the fact that she presented a really dark spring collection. Both in theme, and choice of color palette (black, black, black, white and a little red). Second, I think the use of skull motives is very conscious. I think the general apprehension of the 'skull' as a symbol, is that it's not provoking, but pretty childish, considered bad taste and maybe most of all, it has been used as a graphic symbol in the clothing industry for a long time now and it has become an enormous cliche. I think Rei was aware of this when she started out.

Personally, I think the collection was interesting. I can not see myself buying any of those obvious skull motives in the future, but maybe the little more subtle and obscure ones. The 'Comme des Garcons' vibe was very tangible, no doubt. I don't think she creates anything new though. Regarding cuts and choice of garments, I think all of this stuff is pretty standard for being Comme des Garcons. Skirts, 'inside prints', checkerboard prints, dropped crotch, cropped trousers, shorts over trousers, the pea coat jacket and so on. I have seen all of this before. It's not exactly innovative anymore, and it does not make any sense with her core value "never repeat", but I don't mind, I think it's nice. Showing skirts on the runway is still provoking, maybe not in the fashion world, but in the real world. Which she affects.

Good collection. I could have preferred just a little more subtlety in her 'post-apocalyptic' message. Anyway, I think, whatever she makes, she makes it her own. And being subtle is not being anti.
                    Last edited by TarHeart; 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Stellar. Don't care for the skulls but love the jackets and shirts and of course the black and white. Definitely see the shorts in my life.
                      Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                        I like Rei when she is anti.
                        This is a very anti-fashion collection, good observation; then again pretty much all H+ is. However I can't say I'm too thrilled about this, even the leather blazers failed to win me over. Doesn't feel very fresh, other than some new prints and patterns I feel like i've seen bits and pieces of this over the past few years, it is just all coming into a mixtape here. The past 2 shows were more directional from Rei, for what it's worth.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                          seriously? skulls? do I even have to get into how overdone this shit is? i don't care who presents it, shit is DONE.
                          No, no, it's Rei, and according to her when SHE does it, it's good. Johnny will be all over this.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                            I like Rei when she is anti. First of all, I like the fact that she presented a really dark spring collection. Both in theme, and choice of color palette (black, black, black, white and a little red). Second, I think the use of skull motives is very conscious. I think the general apprehension of the 'skull' as a symbol, is that it's not provoking, but pretty childish, considered bad taste and maybe most of all, it has been used as a graphic symbol in the clothing industry for a long time now and it has become an enormous cliche. I think Rei was aware of this when she started out.

Personally, I think the collection was interesting. I can not see myself buying any of those obvious skull motives in the future, but maybe the little more subtle and obscure ones. The 'Comme des Garcons' vibe was very tangible, no doubt. I don't think she creates anything new though. Regarding cuts and choice of garments, I think all of this stuff is pretty standard for being Comme des Garcons. Skirts, 'inside prints', checkerboard prints, dropped crotch, cropped trousers, shorts over trousers, the pea coat jacket and so on. I have seen all of this before. It's not exactly innovative anymore, and it does not make any sense with her core value "never repeat", but I don't mind, I think it's nice. Showing skirts on the runway is still provoking, maybe not in the fashion world, but in the real world. Which she affects.

Good collection. I could have preferred just a little more subtlety in her 'post-apocalyptic' message. Anyway, I think, whatever she makes, she makes it her own. And being subtle is not being anti.
                            I take it you are not in Paris right now. Everyone is wearing black here. It's a disease.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

heh I dunno if it's something in the air, but as of this week I'm starting to find black a bit stale as well.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎