Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
    This was an inspiring collection in terms of pushing what is wearable to the next level. I don't see myself wearing anyone or most of these looks at all, but I am sure some nice pieces will come out from it. I somehow feel his collections gets less and less approachable. SS08 was perfectly wearable, all until fw10 was for me, and it still had a lot of wearable looks. I just have to break this one down into pieces, but I see a lot of new patterns and fabrics that I really like, although the design might be pushing it a bit too far. That decision has to be made when it arrives though.
    Somewhat true, but I see it more as a case of styling and when you see the garments on their own it will be less 'next level' as you mention. A lot of the looks are perfectly wearable, this is signature Damir. Only thing I'm thinking the Paris summer must be on par with the Australian winter.
    Originally posted by dji
    don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

thanks for the pics, good ones.

it is signature Damir, though the collection feels a bit like stasis in the context of his whole body of work, and some looks here aren't very seasonal.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Jotsko
        • Feb 2008

The collection didn't tantalize to the degree that I had wished. I believe the offset reaction was due in part to the unappealing choice of fabric (and use of it) for the hooded looks. The white of the connected tassels received a critical eye as well. The most questionable of the pieces was the camel boots with the fronted dotted fabric. Otherwise, his stylistic sensibility has been becoming transparent and I don't mind this.

Originally posted by mesko View Post
        If this is true, let's talk.
        майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

If this is true, let's talk.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mesko
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Jotsko View Post
            Hit me.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

Order “Hit Me! The Best Of” by Ian Dury here: https://iandury.lnk.to/HitMeBestOfyv “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick” reached number 1 in the UK singles chart i...

Im sorry its too easy!

On another note,the collection is typically Damir . Its nice,but i did not find it as strong as last SS. Im sure, as always, the fabric choices are fantastic. Overall it just seems a bit too heavy for a SS collection. I would have liked to see him play with a bit more colour personally.
              Either way, I shall hold my judgement untill i see some showroom picsolas.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mesko
                • Nov 2009

Mr. Poser, you are truly a master of the internet. I like his glasses!

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

I love this collection and am sort of surprised at the lukewarm reaction. A big departure from last season, which seems way less wearable than this. I think this is probably my second favorite collection, right behind S/S '10.

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

Thanks for the images Christian, they are looking really great and your photography skills are progressing nicely (and even without the ($21389.98 lense ))

official video:
                    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

I am sure there will be beautiful pieces and i particularly like the jackets even though the show was a bit ho hum for me. But, the footwear just gets worse and worse.
                      Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I got to see the preview of the collection, and indeed taken apart it is much more approachable. I liked it. The fabrics are excellent and that shawl is gorgeous. Sure, the volume will be hard to pull off for many, but as fashion, this is good. Damir has definitely grown on me as a designer.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jotsko
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                          This is what I had in mind. ;)
                          майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Jotsko View Post
                            The collection didn't tantalize to the degree that I had wished. I believe the offset reaction was due in part to the unappealing choice of fabric (and use of it) for the hooded looks. The white of the connected tassels received a critical eye as well. The most questionable of the pieces was the camel boots with the fronted dotted fabric. Otherwise, his stylistic sensibility has been becoming transparent and I don't mind this.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Greve
                              • Apr 2010

Found a few back-stage photos from the show:

Not that many photos of the clothes but I still thought it was a interesting photo set as it gives an idea of how the models prepare for the show.

Comment

• rudo
                                • Feb 2009

Just finished watching the video. Much more wearable while maintaing the doma aesthetic. This is nice. I can definitely see myself wearing one of those more classic jackets or waist coats.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎