Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Wow, this looks so good! Thanks for the pics Faust, it looks so much better in this light than the runway pics where you can't really see what's going on.

I'm in love with every look you posted faust, espeically the grey jacket with the beautiful color and texture, though it looks a bit heavy. The multibutton jacket with ruching is also gorgeous and looks nice and light for summer.

After seeing these pics, I'd say this is the best summer collection from Ann in a long time. Even though this isn't a huge departure for her, I really enjoy the subtle changes in the streamlined cut and ruching details. It's like the last summer's "boxer" collection washed away all superfulous details in favor of a slicker silhouette (simple silk hooded jackets, no shirts etc.) but this brings back her beautifully baroque detail while mainting that lighter silhouette.
    music

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Those shots are very nice. A much needed insight that is always lost on the runway.
      I don't where I stand on this collection. It's nice to see a change from her. But I've been looking forward to another amorous, Ann presentation.
      The coat with the crinkled back is really impressive. The details in her pieces are always so extensive. It seems like she dives into each and every piece.
      It was an exciting collection. Can't stand the trainers, though. They look so cheap.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

There's something about seeing people wearing the clothes off of the runway that humanizes them and makes everything look more 'wearable' for a lack of a better term...wrinkles, upturned cuffs and all.

And like everyone else, I love the fit and amazing details in that last jacket. I like the shape of the boots...not something I could pull off but in the context of the rest of the line, I think they add a nice, more defined edge to some of the softer shapes of some of the outfits.

One of the things I continue to love about Ann's work is how closely she flirts with romanticism without ever crossing the line and making the pieces too sentimental or dandy. They all line up to tell a story I can relate to. I guess that's the easiest way to describe my attraction to it.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Right on!

You are welcome, everyone.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

I really have to make it to the AW11 show in January. I missed out on my chance two years ago.
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

Great shots E, no surprise that this collection looks great in the showroom, Ann has been on fire lately..I like this change-up. Were these photos your personal styling? Feel free to post as much of these photos as you got

Did you [or anyone] make it to the Rick showroom? would love to see those whenever they surface.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                Wow, this looks so good! Thanks for the pics Faust, it looks so much better in this light than the runway pics where you can't really see what's going on.

I'm in love with every look you posted faust, espeically the grey jacket with the beautiful color and texture, though it looks a bit heavy. The multibutton jacket with ruching is also gorgeous and looks nice and light for summer.

After seeing these pics, I'd say this is the best summer collection from Ann in a long time. Even though this isn't a huge departure for her, I really enjoy the subtle changes in the streamlined cut and ruching details. It's like the last summer's "boxer" collection washed away all superfulous details in favor of a slicker silhouette (simple silk hooded jackets, no shirts etc.) but this brings back her beautifully baroque detail while mainting that lighter silhouette.
                its generous of faust to post showrooms pics. but after like 5 pics best ss in a long time? why because its a bad version of what she typically does for fw. she`s done far more interesting ss things before and from the inception of the mens line in 06. which isnt too long ago. 06 destroyed this, 07 destroyed this. 09 even destroyed this. who cares about some jersey long sleeves, and ugly boots. the ann man is supposed to be a man of depth and intrigue but i find this man pointlessly redundant and painfully boring. i love ann but everything looks as mediocre here as on the runway. white bag is very nice, though. hopefully the womens will end on a high note.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                  Great shots E, no surprise that this collection looks great in the showroom, Ann has been on fire lately..I like this change-up. Were these photos your personal styling? Feel free to post as much of these photos as you got

Did you [or anyone] make it to the Rick showroom? would love to see those whenever they surface.
                  Yes, these were the pieces I picked. Jackets mostly, because they are easy to throw on/off.

I like the change as well - I love the streamlined Ann. Not sure what you gripe is Christianef. Good bye and good riddance to young Werther, hello to Julian Sorel. I, for one, have had enough of the flappy/sappy. I need a mix of toughness and sensitivity - this does it for me.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Well, I suppose I mean "a long time" in fashion time which isn't actually that long. I agree s/s 07 was amazing, but I like this a lot better than anything since then. Ann is consistently great IMO, so I suppose there isn't much use splitting hairs over this is better than that. For me, this is a nice refreshing collection that's closer to my personal style than recent collections and Faust's 5 pics helped shed some light on the beautiful details going on that are difficult to see on the runway pictures.

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                    its generous of faust to post showrooms pics. but after like 5 pics best ss in a long time? why because its a bad version of what she typically does for fw. she`s done far more interesting ss things before and from the inception of the mens line in 06. which isnt too long ago. 06 destroyed this, 07 destroyed this. 09 even destroyed this. who cares about some jersey long sleeves, and ugly boots. the ann man is supposed to be a man of depth and intrigue but i find this man pointlessly redundant and painfully boring. i love ann but everything looks as mediocre here as on the runway. white bag is very nice, though. hopefully the womens will end on a high note.
                    music

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

checked out the ann d buys for fall at barneys today. not much of ann d fan, but must admit this fall collection is pretty nice. the tweed pattern trench and the assymetric funnel neck bomber looks nice.

Comment

• Catfood
                        • Oct 2008

LVR have some pics/pre-orders up for the spring 2011 stuff already:
                        http://www.luisaviaroma.com/landing....53i&gender=men

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                          LVR have some pics/pre-orders up for the spring 2011 stuff already:
                          http://www.luisaviaroma.com/landing....53i&gender=men

shit is mind blowing, LVR taking off the runway to new heights...was only a matter of time before things started to speed up this way.
                          a good way to keep lvr on top that's for sure..

but interesting to see the looks broken down nonetheless

Comment

• ultimaratio
                            • Aug 2009

It gives a new interpretation of 'fast-fashion,' no? Buying clothes right off the runway...

What LVR is pushing isn't compelling, though. Those 'bondage' vests are a bad idea, the graphic tank as well. This whole situation doesn't sit well - it's as if they're trying to market the most 'hype' pieces from the runway as soon as possible, and everything of quality is lost in the process.

Maybe off topic, but the DH... Hedi-redux?

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

doesnt look very exciting. the dior sandals are cool though.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

i find this whole thing to be stupid, and driven by greed..............
                                how early can you sell products?.........
                                All of this is just consumerism to an absurd degree.............next years clothes shouldn't be available for purchase until next year...............
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎