Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw Edge
    • Jan 2008

IF buy was very large, I think they had most of the collection.
    They had most of the jackets, several pants, shirts and several very nice knits.
    Has been there for some time now though so not sure what's left at the moment.

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
    love this collection,feels so nice on fabrics and cuts are great,I have the 4 panel hats on the way and looking at some pants,just hope to see wider selections represented in london,whats the selection like at IF?in NY at the weekend so want to check out some more

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

my favorite is still the Layered CPO; it feels the piece with the most staying power out of the whole collection...could see myself getting bored with some of the other stuff...
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
        IF buy was very large, I think they had most of the collection.
        They had most of the jackets, several pants, shirts and several very nice knits.
        Has been there for some time now though so not sure what's left at the moment.

Actually, IF's buy was quite small, at least according to IF's manager, Philip, whom I spoke with at length about the collection. There were maybe 10 pieces on the rack when I was in. Apparently, the full collection is rather comprehensive, so this doesn't seem like a lot, imo. I was told it had arrived only a week earlier, none of which had been sold yet. This was about 2 weeks ago. It was hanging on the same bar as Individual Sentiments, so it may've appeared larger than it actually was.

Ask mr. MikeNouveau, who I ran into (worshipping at the Harnden rack, no less).. I believe he checked out the offerings, as well.
        sain't

Comment

• Raw Edge
          • Jan 2008

I actually think IF had most of the "main" pieces, they just had one of each size hanging, thus the 10-15 pieces...

i could be wrong but i think 10-15 different pieces is a large part of the collection?
          i don't actually think the collection is huge, and its a way bigger buy than anywhere else I've seen outside of Japan- for example, Brown's, who have 2 items listed...

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

yeah, I'm not sure.. when I asked him if there was "more in the back", he said that was it, and made it a point to stress that the collection as a whole was "huge", from what I recall. Maybe he meant comprehensive, since there are accessories like hats & bags, not just clothes..?

But as you point out, with how limited availability is for The Soloist elsewhere, a dozen pieces is like hitting the jackpot. Given they have the US exclusive on this season's collection, I'm curious to know how much of it is actually still left.
            sain't

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
              • Jan 2009

Did Sartorialoft pick this up? I remember a post on there blog about The Soloist

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by merz
                Not to my knowledge, at least not for the current season - I will definitely check if that is something we plan on carrying in the seasons to come.
                Maybe I mistook the blog post for something the store was going to cary in the future. I just don't want Maxfield to get it, I can't stand walking into that store. I wish someone else could get rick mainline in L.A.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by rocknrollnigger View Post
                  Maybe I mistook the blog post for something the store was going to cary in the future. I just don't want Maxfield to get it, I can't stand walking into that store. I wish someone else could get rick mainline in L.A.
                  off topic for this thread, but yeah - only went in there once, have never felt my presence more unwanted as a customer anywhere, even though the store did seem to have some good merchandise at the time
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    off topic for this thread, but yeah - only went in there once, have never felt my presence more unwanted as a customer anywhere, even though the store did seem to have some good merchandise at the time
                    What I usually do to avoid the SA's is take my girlfriend with me and use her to distract them. Then when there trying to make a sale off of her I slowly move out of the conversation so they can't follow me around the store. But then my girlfriend yells at me in the car why I left her alone with the SA.

Another time I was in there and Miley cyrus was too and they thought I was a fan or something cause they really didn't want me to get near her. I just wanted to get closer to the CCP and she was over in that corner. Why would I be wearing most RO and confuse me for an autograph seeker.

Then one time they didnt have much stock in so I wasnt gunna buy anything just looking. The SA takes me over to the sunglasses case and explains how this one company is priced cheep and any average joe could afford them off the street if they just wanted to make a purchase. Like she was insinuating I couldn't afford anything... thats the last time I went in there, I may dress like a peasant but I will have some dignity.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

wow...what a store...
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I've never been, but yeah, I keep hearing horror stories about that place.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

got my first-time close-up feel of this stuff yesterday...good heavens the construction, not to mention the prices, are something else...it's a logical progression forward from N(N) for sure, but a part of me wishes Taka would come out with some of the gritty, harder edged stuff again.

Bravo to him for taking risks by making clothing that isn't easy while still sound in concept and execution, though. I don't think there was a single fall-back 'just to sell' piece in the collection, not even the t-shirts/tops were throwaways in the context of everything else. and I like his personally idiosyncratic styling of Soloist numbers with New Balance because other than that N(N) closed feeling style shape of boot he did again, what the hell shoes make sense with these outfits? The New Balances are somehow a perfect match with Soloist, and not even in an anti-fashion sense. Come to think of it, bought a pair of NBs a few weeks back and they go well with N(N) stuff, too.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎