• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Anyway, you get the idea.

In most part, this community is divided. the ones went against usually got silenced/suspended. No?

at times, thats how i feel sz becomes that codified environment.
    Last edited by fenrost; 07-25-2010, 02:21 AM. Reason: yes

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

It is amusing to see how often this discussion comes back. There's really something of a compulsive fear going on here.

Feeling insulted or threatened in one's identity because other people around begin to wear the same clothes without having the authenticity just sounds very, very childish to me.

More seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong in wearing the same kind of clothes for years, as long as you can bear to see yourself in them. And if you begin to be tired with yourself, in the end it is somewhat wiser to throw your wardrobe away than to jump from a bridge.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

let's pretend you were the first person to discover how delicious the combination of peanut butter and jelly (PBJ) is. yes, you.

you discovered PBJ, you love the delicious taste of PBJ, PBJ agrees with you in a way that other spreads have never done before. if you had to choose just one type of deliciousness in a jar for the rest of your life, you're pretty sure that PBJ would be it.

soon enough, word gets out, other people are discovering PBJ as well. they might've seen you bring a PBJ sandwich to work, they might've even discovered PBJ quite by accident, it doesn't matter. these very people can be so different from you - they vote for the other guy, they drive a car instead of taking public transport, etc. - that the only commonality you might ever share with them is the mutual love of PBJ.

would this be enough for you to renounce the consumption of PBJ? that you would one day throw up your hands in the air and declare that you and PBJ are through? that you're bored of PBJ because suddenly, every joe schmoe out there is partaking in that delicious goop?

if so, PBJ didn't change. you did. and suddenly that 'love' you thought you felt back then becomes all the less real and valuable.
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

anyway, the OP din't even question about self-authenticity here? i guessed it all boils down to the matter of on-going raging goth popping up lately?

this topic is becoming revolting. i am throwing up
          Last edited by fenrost; 07-25-2010, 06:39 AM. Reason: yuk

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

i don't think i understand what's going on here...
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
              It is amusing to see how often this discussion comes back. There's really something of a compulsive fear going on here.

Feeling insulted or threatened in one's identity because other people around begin to wear the same clothes without having the authenticity just sounds very, very childish to me.

More seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong in wearing the same kind of clothes for years, as long as you can bear to see yourself in them. And if you begin to be tired with yourself, in the end it is somewhat wiser to throw your wardrobe away than to jump from a bridge.
              I don't think it's fear, but a rather cursory and superficial reading of the forums on one hand, or being jaded on the other hand. Anyway, this discussion is boring.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                I think what's really valued here, rather than no change, is organic change that follows a logical pattern of growth as opposed to what is demeaned as dressing up in costumes or "finding oneself".
                . . . .lol.. sorry, i couldn't resist!

sain't

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Well, that makes some things clearer. Like the time they met this guy hidden under a red carpet, pretending he was thinking lava.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

truth is trolls get banned quick around here. really quick.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
                      • Apr 2009

Без права переписки!
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎