Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Releases

Default New Releases

We have a thread for happenings and shows, but what about new albums, books, films?

I am waiting for this: September 14th.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

/\ come on, man, must you do this in the second post?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I'm actually waiting for this, even though I hardly play games (anymore). The first game was magnificent!

No date yet on this one I think, but I can't wait to play it.

http://soundcloud.com/rogue-star/juggernaut

Patiently waiting for the new PJ Harvey album to come out. It should be released sometime in the autumn.

The new album won't be out until early 2011 with the European tour beginning in February.
    Last edited by thehouseofdis; 10-23-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

may i suggest this thread be combined with the SZ amazon thread?

Just got the new Phonophani limited edition cd + 10" from Rune Grammofon.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Nine Inch Nails releasing a remastered Pretty Hate Machine, Nov 22. Time to buy new speakers for my stereo system.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Bela Tarr - The Turin Horse (2010)

--

1889. German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche witnessed the whipping of a horse while traveling in Turin, Italy. He tossed his arms around the horse's neck to protect it then collapsed to the ground. In less than one month, Nietzsche would be diagnosed with a serious mental illness that would make him bed-ridden and speechless for the next eleven years until his death. But whatever did happen to the horse? This film, which is Tarr's last, follows up this question in a fictionalized story of what occurred. The man who whipped the horse is a rural farmer who makes his living taking on carting jobs into the city with his horse-drawn cart. The horse is old and in very poor health, but does its best to obey its master's commands. The farmer and his daughter must come to the understanding that it will be unable to go on sustaining their livelihoods. The dying of the horse is the foundation of this tragic tale.

--
    ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Nine Inch Nails releasing a remastered Pretty Hate Machine, Nov 22. Time to buy new speakers for my stereo system.
    Seriously?
    I have been listening to it every day last week. Great news.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Last edited by Shucks; 10-23-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: crap. there's a 2005 remastered version...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Seriously?
    I have been listening to it every day last week. Great news.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

was pretty excited since i thought i found it just now, but i'm thinking this is the 2005 remastered version - not the one planned for november, which should be more radical and include some extra material i believe. anyway, here's a link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/SGaIT9wz...tm?aff=7637829

Thanks for the link, but this is one of those rare occasions when I will go out and buy the CD.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

yeah, but that's in four weeks dude.. .

(also, i don't think what i found is the coming release - just the one from 2005 - so you can still do both.)

Quote Originally Posted by Acéphale View Post
    [CENTER]Bela Tarr - The Turin Horse (2010)
    is this out already? very excited

yeah, can't wait either

New photo book on Joy Division.

Kevin Cummins will be signing the books on Nov 1 at White Columns gallery in West Village. Come!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine