Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thejarc
    • Jan 2011

Hm. I just discovered that pnp firenze will carry his stuff from this season on. That would make at least 3 new stores this season (along with number 4 and ink).

Are they following some sort of opening up or did they dismiss other stores for the new ones?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

No, they just religiously read SZ
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gt2-josh
        • Sep 2008

hey hey,

been awhile. and i'm a bit late on this topic but in addition to cuddly's blue and strangery and notorioust's black dipped sneaks, my early delivery 09 black groil high sneaks have a distinctly purple dip. i purchased them from a member here and i believe they were first delivery. i don't have a camera but maybe the member i purchased them from will post pics...

josh

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by gt2-josh View Post
          hey hey,

been awhile. and i'm a bit late on this topic but in addition to cuddly's blue and strangery and notorioust's black dipped sneaks, my early delivery 09 black groil high sneaks have a distinctly purple dip. i purchased them from a member here and i believe they were first delivery. i don't have a camera but maybe the member i purchased them from will post pics...

josh

Everything can be found in The ultimate CCP geek thread, you just have to ask.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

That's such a great thread. Thanks for taking the time to create it, Christian.

First run was chocolatey. Later dips have the blue tone. Both look good and I've never seen one that truly looked black.

Comment

• gt2-josh
              • Sep 2008

thanks christian!! that was quick :)

that's exactly the color i was referencing. hope you and b and the master are well!!

josh

ps whoa! just compared the drips and realized those aren't similar to my pair, those are my pair. awesome! thanks again c!!

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                I've never seen one that truly looked black.
                mine are truly black (in a ccp black kinda way)

Last edited by eton97; 03-19-2011, 08:12 AM.
                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                  I thought to ask the question here at the risk of being admonished for a question that relates to fit, though it may be appropriate after all..

a very common issue observed with cardol's footwear in general and the tornado zip boots in particular has been a comparatively-wide shaft, the sort that does not at all work with the slimmer trouser fit. case in point:

I have also noticed that some iterations of the tornado boot have had a slimmer fit through the shaft and narrower profile in general, perhaps more comparable to taller guidis, and i'm wondering which season had this sort of a more streamlined appearance to them, or if this is simply a matter of choosing an appropriately-sized pair.

Merz,

I think its a combination of Skinny legs/ too big a pair etc.
                  also know that the seamless version of the tornados are unusually wide. ive tried on a few and never had this problem, even in bigger sizes, but I have thick calves/ ankles, so I dint know......

Speaking of which, some dude negotiated selling me a pair last night, agreed to meet him today and suddenly he seems to have changed his mind. weird.............
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jscl
                    • Jan 2010

yeah, i think zamb is right, the seamless do fit wider as opposed to the other ones. i think the wider ones are from 09...
                    JUST THE HITS

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jscl View Post
                      yeah, i think zamb is right, the seamless do fit wider as opposed to the other ones. i think the wider ones are from 09...
                      Thirded on the seamless ones. I believe this is secondary to the construction process and limitations on sculpting of the leather and shaft with a singular piece construction. My earlier (2006 I believe) tornados are not too tight or too loose and can be worn either way. The first appearance of the scarred boots from 2007 continued the medium shaft... maybe slightly on the wider side.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

I think the last version of the tornados had the slimmest shaft available.
                        While not as slim as the Guidi backzip , I actually get the 6.75" hem of LUC J pants over the shaft without them looking like clown feet or showing the outline of the shaft through the pants.

My size 10 boots have an appx width of 7 " around the top of the shaft ( probably even slimmer for the smaller sizes)

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

yeah the 09 version of the tornados is the only one with a slim shaft and the very recent version for sale at atelier is super duper slim.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

i have the 09 and they flare as well, they also fit very wide at the ankle which seems odd.

Comment

• gt2-josh
                              • Sep 2008

I agree with A and A and swami. The very latest delivery of the 09 seamed Tornados have the slimmest shaft of any Tornados. I've owned several pairs of 09 Tornados (seamed and seamless) and a pair of 06 Tornados and the late delivery reissues from Atelier and Lazzari are as slim as it gets. I also have a pair of Kangaroo 09 Tornados and the leather is very soft so you get an extra degree of flexibility when applied against the pressure from the hem of your trousers.

josh

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gt2-josh View Post
                                I agree with A and A and swami. The very latest delivery of the 09 seamed Tornados have the slimmest shaft of any Tornados. I've owned several pairs of 09 Tornados (seamed and seamless) and a pair of 06 Tornados and the late delivery reissues from Atelier and Lazzari are as slim as it gets. I also have a pair of Kangaroo 09 Tornados and the leather is very soft so you get an extra degree of flexibility when applied against the pressure from the hem of your trousers.

josh
                                how many tornados can a man own.....
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎