StyleZeitgeist

Go Back   StyleZeitgeist > Forums > Designers and Their Work

Designers and Their Work Discuss designers and their work.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #761
kanne

Is it possible to send shoes in and get them re-dyed by Guidi?

I think I've read in the classifieds that Guidi offered this after a custom order turned out the wrong color. If I remember correctly, the person ended up selling them instead; did anyone actually go through with this?

Would be good to know if they offer this service and if a second wash/dye will harm the leather or fuck with the sizing even more. Otherwise I'll probably have to find a cobbler who's willing to dye my derbies and trustworthy enough not to turn them into dress shoes...
kanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #762
Dane
HAMMERTIME

why do you need them re-dyed?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #763
Faust
kitsch killer

And at Guidi? Even if they consent, it will cost you an arm and a leg. Find a good cobbler and do it there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #764
dmash

So the Guidi GB2 bag.......is this a somewhat ideal bag for carrying to class? As in, would a notebook, macbook, textbook and like a bottle water and gym clothes all fit? Also, more precisely, would the textbook/notebook be awkward inside or would it lay flat on the bottom quite well?

If I'm off point here, is there another Guidi bag one may recommend that may fit my needs better?

Picture of GB2 incase not familiar with codes:

dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #765
PoubelleMaBelle

Any idea how to wear these? The sole looks pretty weak.

Could i get away with just putting taps on the back/front or would i have to vibram the sole? Because it seems like that would ruin the intended profile...
PoubelleMaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #766
SlightRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
So the Guidi GB2 bag.......is this a somewhat ideal bag for carrying to class? As in, would a notebook, macbook, textbook and like a bottle water and gym clothes all fit? Also, more precisely, would the textbook/notebook be awkward inside or would it lay flat on the bottom quite well?

If I'm off point here, is there another Guidi bag one may recommend that may fit my needs better?

Picture of GB2 incase not familiar with codes:

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Hey D, if u have a lot to carry, GB2 would fit u spot on!!
It can easily hold a 15'' macbook along with other "go to school" stuffs.
I used to have one, but ended up selling it. I didn't use it as I thought I would. I wish I would carry more things than cellphone and wallet.
SlightRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #767
SlightRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post

Any idea how to wear these? The sole looks pretty weak.

Could i get away with just putting taps on the back/front or would i have to vibram the sole? Because it seems like that would ruin the intended profile...
I've tried those in black. I think the sole is pretty decent. As long as u don't go battle with it, the sole should be fine.
But, u can always choose to put a vibram sole. White or grey vibram sole is pretty common to find at local cobblers.
Here is a fit pic of my friend Pita. I bet he will not mind.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #768
mortalveneer

Send a message via AIM to mortalveneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
click me. even better on boots, for obvious reasons.
Is this the same shade you're describing, Faust?

http://www.ink-clothing.com/en/detai...ER-2012/id=826

While I was contemplating whether or not to go for them (a matter of a few hours), they sold out in my size...
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #769
Faust
kitsch killer

This is more bronze than the ones I've seen. It seems like there are two versions - one has more bronze, another one less. But, yeah, something like this. Awesome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #770
comedyzen

The box labels these "black" but very distinct bronze hints throughout.

comedyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #771
magic

the Q15 bag in black has a hints of bronze on some area as well. i guess the dyeing process makes different from leather to leather.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #772
graydot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
i'm sure all your things will fit, probably with room to spare, but the bag is extremely heavy to begin with - add to that a laptop, textbook etc. and it will likely be unbearable to lug around.
graydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #773
SlightRight

Does anybody have the fit pics of the hiking boots?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #774
beardown
rekoner

I wish they would use a specific label distinction for the bronze/black. It's not new for there to be brown tones underneath the black but as they wear, the brown always seems to come through more.

Since mine generally come from online sources, I want my black to be black. Like 'black black' and not 'brown black.' I like the look of the bronze but it's not for me...I have a weird, irrational thing about brown footwear from days gone by but more than anything, brown boots don't work with most of my belts/clothes.
beardown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #775
Suen

I am a ture size 41 in almost every shoes, and 42 is also fine to me. So in case I picked 788z in 43, it works to me. but I think I'll get next guidi in 42, that might fit me very well.
Suen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #776
hommedeguerre

I've really been in love with these since I first saw them at IF. I'm trying to figure out if I'd ACTUALLY wear them. They are beautiful, but they probably wouldn't work with my, according to SZ, too-tight pants.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #777
Patroklus
Banned

Reminds me of an older pair of air force boots issued to fire responders and, iirc, mechanics. I don't remember the designation. They aren't bad, but a little too specific. Most outfits would just be better off with a different boot.
Patroklus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #778
sinnedk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommedeguerre View Post

I've really been in love with these since I first saw them at IF. I'm trying to figure out if I'd ACTUALLY wear them. They are beautiful, but they probably wouldn't work with my, according to SZ, too-tight pants.
awful looks like something skrillex would wear, idk what guidi was thinking, they did a few pairs of boots that are just plain wtf
sinnedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #779
mortalveneer

Send a message via AIM to mortalveneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
awful looks like something skrillex would wear, idk what guidi was thinking, they did a few pairs of boots that are just plain wtf
its just what used to be the standard in mountaineering boots.

chunky waffle vibram sole with norwegian welt to which you could attach crampons or even step into some trekking style skis. they are certainly hard to wed to the SZ aesthetic, but I've been lusting after a pair of these Guidis since Ink had them a few seasons ago. Chances are, I'd take them backpacking to see how they hold up compared to the real deal...

I consistently own a pair of vintage fabianos, scarpas, or vasques from when they were made in this style. I usually get them for between $70-$200 on ebay, depending on the condition. They don't look quite as murderously sweet as those midnight badboys above though...

Last edited by mortalveneer; 03-31-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: boot family photo add
mortalveneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #780
sinnedk
Banned

^but why pay over 1k for that, the purchase doesn't make sense, i mean ppl buy guidi for a quality boot for everyday purposes that don't include mountain climbing, there is gear for that, there is no point to have an awesome expensive mountain boot for style aesthetics, i don't see this going with any of the SZ main clothing lines
sinnedk is offline   Reply With Quote