• Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

poking the fire ...

Comment

• JSebbe
      • Mar 2008

then i wasnt mistaken, saw him on ellen show wearing it, too.

on bbc one, as well... playing with light sabers.

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

some ss12 womenswear pics from Envoy of Belfast:

styling's alright, i like the way the jacket's buttoned but i'm not keen on the colors for spring...
        Last edited by kompressorkev; 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• theseasonofmist
          • Feb 2011

Just a random thought I had this afternoon - I may be wrong and/or looking in the wrong places, but I rarely see women wearing PH. Is there a particular reason why there is not more interest? Could it be because of the lack of stockists?

I read on another forum that someone was put off wearing PH for fear of looking as though she was wearing period costume. I find it surprising because I get a lot of wear out of my PH pieces, and they fit in to my wardrobe without making me look like an extra from a period drama..

Comment

• docintheory
            • May 2008

Originally posted by theseasonofmist View Post
            Just a random thought I had this afternoon - I may be wrong and/or looking in the wrong places, but I rarely see women wearing PH. Is there a particular reason why there is not more interest? Could it be because of the lack of stockists?

I read on another forum that someone was put off wearing PH for fear of looking as though she was wearing period costume. I find it surprising because I get a lot of wear out of my PH pieces, and they fit in to my wardrobe without making me look like an extra from a period drama..
            Lack of stockists might be part of it. But even as an PH-advocate, it has been tough to sway - I've been persistent with my wife/partner to include Paul Harnden in her wardrobe. Alas, she had a very similar 'backlash' in calling it 'victorian throwback' and just doesn't suit her "progressive" tastes in fashion.

I think purely dressing in 100% Harnden can create a 'period costume' as opposed to mixing it in with other designers. I think PH goes pretty well with LUC and Augusta for instance. I often look to MikeNouveau, as he always serves as a great model of how PH fits in well with other designers on SZ.

We have a starkly different perceptions and taste in fashion, so it comes to no surprise. I love Paul Harnden. To each their own, I suppose.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^i agree, it is very costumey unless worn in very small doses. it's very dust bowl looking

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

So what?!? Looks awesome!
                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

if you say so, just not my thing. that woman up top looks like a deadwood x merchant ivory collaboration

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I agree with Eternal that it's just maybe they don't post on SZ. I've never seen any man in PH until it blew up on SZ and is now can be seen during fashion weeks. I think women in PH look beautiful, but again, as with men's, I think it only works in moderation. Personally, the most beautiful coat my gf has ever tried on was a silver PH with the skirted vent. It was one of those things where you just buy now and think later, but she couldn't make the plunge and she still thinks about the coat.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
                      • Jun 2008

At 00:31

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

i actually like the shoes but on that model, i'm sorry, that's just terrible. bozo the clown. and the model herself? ragamuffin hobbit. too costume department.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                          OT: I just realized that's me at 0:20
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theseasonofmist
                            • Feb 2011

Your answers have confirmed my suspicions that there are probably lots of ladies who do wear PH, but don't post their outfits. I guess I'm not one to comment since I shy away from posting photographs online.

I agree with most of you; wearing head-to-toe PH would become too costumey. I will admit that I find it trickier to wear PH skirts than I do other pieces, simply for the mix and match aspect.

Envoy's S/S 2012 selection at the top of this page would have worked well without the jacket - perhaps by injecting some colour in to the outfit. I like the skirt and shoes though, they go well together.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I think in theory the outfit they posted totally works for the right body type (tall and slim). Also just remembered, Eloise, who runs Cose Ipanema in Melbourne, always looks great in her long PH coat.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleven crows
                                • Mar 2011

looks costumey as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎