• May 2008

agreed, though my nana would look cool in that

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
      looks costumey as fuck.

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by laughed View Post
        .....and the model herself? ragamuffin hobbit.

LOL, as a Belfast man myself, I can tell you that half the city's population could be placed in the hobbit category

Comment

• hallucination
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
          looks costumey as fuck.
          coming from your sales thread......

Comment

• hallucination
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Eternal

This one is very good and although she's not wearing it with m.a+ it's possibly less SZ and might seem less costumey too some but the same image in conveyed if you ask me.
            examplery of greatness

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Eternal, thank you for digging out that picture. That's such an iconic example of how PH works great. She is an awesome person too - tells everyone what she thinks about them, which is very refreshing in fashion. She once told Mario Testino to fuck off - my hero.

I have seen her in other PH gear and she always looks great in it.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

this actually looks incredible

Originally posted by Eternal
                Kind of the purpose? Not like it's a 20 year old blonde surfer girl at college trying to look "sexy" by Hollywood means in it?

It is indeed costumey compared to something bland, but it's not more costumey than anything considered "fashion" to me. Wearing anything that convey a certain image is costumey in some way or the other, as that is the purpose of a costume? To help set a certain setting, mood or provoke some feelings. Like D&G/ Visvim/ Ralph Lauren/ Rick / Chrome Hearts / CCP whatever you like but H&M/ Uniqlo.

This one is very good and although she's not wearing it with m.a+ it's possibly less SZ and might seem less costumey too some but the same image in conveyed if you ask me. The first coat is harder to wear and more old world farmer due to the short sleeves, and exaggerated more by the gloves but I think that's the way it works the best.

Comment

• eleven crows
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
                  coming from your sales thread......
                  why do you think i sold it to you? please note the k-mart sweat pants synergy.

Comment

• hallucination
                    • Jan 2011

and your mistaken, i dont buy drapes . and not sure how your horrible fit makes it marketable.

maybe you need to reassess costumey

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

lol. oh, you two.

i think the older gal looks fine but the frumpy one - it's the jacket and the shoes. the jacket is terrible. maybe with a longer jacket it wouldn't look so bad. and some shoes that weren't 8 sizes too big.

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
                        and your mistaken, i dont buy drapes . and not sure how your horrible fit makes it marketable.

maybe you need to reassess costumey
                        well, someone bought it and they like the drape, so try not to be too judgmental on a pic taken to show what it looked like worn (over pj's).

but why you so mad, bro? tell me in pm if you want to continue, rather than fill up the thread with anymore of your butthurt.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                          "" is right...

Comment

• hallucination
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by johnny_herb
                            Can anyone advise me on where to find buttons to replace the ones on my Harnden jackets? One of the buttons recently snapped (!!) and I've now taken two from the sleeves already.
                            I'm presuming it's impossible to get some from the man himself, so any help would be greatly appreciated - send me a PM, if possible.
                            harnden's buttons pop like popcorn. write to the dude, he owes you

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

I'd ask one of his stockists, they should have extras (and of course you already know that the jackets come with extra buttons in the paper pouch)

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

So it seems L'Eclaireur is the only store to get this little "bonus" shipment right during Paris men's fashion week. I've seen this happen several seasons in a row, because other stores don't get shipments of Harnden until women's fashion week, and sometimes the "mid-season" stuff that L'Eclaireur gets isn't even included in future shipments to other stores.

ANYWAY, this week L'Eclaireur got 2 new fabrics in. The first is a striped brown one which if I recall correctly is called "dorade".

And then they got a new version of the chamois leather jacket. It's the regular "pocket blazer" style, but now there is a 5th button, and it is cut slightly different then usual in the front. The other pocket blazers of the same shipment just have the usual 4 buttons, so it looks like the 5th button is just for the leather. In my opinion, the 5th button and new cut actually does wonders for the leather blazer, because it was never that easy to wear in previous iterations

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎