X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Can't get Yohji, but I will see if the designer of the book and the content compiler would be willing to pitch in, since I know both of them.

Seriously, though, I find it sometimes dispiriting that forum members don't bother to read the magazine's website, and conversely we receive such high praise from people who have no idea the forum even exists. We are trying really hard for you guys, and it saddens me that the feedback from the forum is overall rather lukewarm.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SuE
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Seriously, though, I find it sometimes dispiriting that forum members don't bother to read the magazine's website, and conversely we receive such high praise from people who have no idea the forum even exists. We are trying really hard for you guys, and it saddens me that the feedback from the forum is overall rather lukewarm.
      Well the magazine website gets new content infrequently and doesn't send out alerts when it does. I used to check the magazine website everyday with little reward so now I just jump straight to the forums expecting that anything important there will eventually show up here too.

The new mailing system helps a bit but the weekly alert schedule means I might still be a couple days late to 'old' news and thus don't feel like commenting. If there was an rss/twitter/tumblr/facebook/instagram(etc) feed it would be easier to keep track. Furthermore, if you'd like forum members to read the magazine site, you should post a new thread in Fashion Media forum (or perhaps add a dedicated subforum) for each new sz-mag website article and also link directly at the bottom of each article to its respective thread where discussion is encouraged.

A more delicate issue is linking/discussing sz-mag articles that aren't yet on the web. Sometimes in threads here I'd like to refer to an idea or image from the mag (for example, while reading the thread discussing your article on The Case for Uniforms I wanted to refer to your Thom Browne Grayscale Rainbow in SZ Mag issue 5). I wouldn't want to post a scan or transcribe an article that would help people skip out on buying this particular magazine.

I quite happy with the magazine site as-is right now though. One reason I don't give feedback more times than I really should is because an editorial is so breathtakingly beautiful, it leaves me speechless
      One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• dddr
        • Jan 2008

I know the review is going to be out in a week.. but judging from the gallery that was posted kindly by natrualmonds, it seems like a compilation of previous publications.. talking to myself, triptych etc.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thank you for the feedback, Sue. We do have a FB page where we post every article and we do have an active Instagram account. We technically have Twitter, maybe we should start using that.

We had the magazine thread in the fashion media section, but it seems that very few people look there, so we have moved it into the shopping section.

We post pretty much every article here, but perhaps you are right that we should post it in two places, the dedicated thread and subject thread.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

I can't seem to locate the fall autumn 1993 collection, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
              I can't seem to locate the fall autumn 1993 collection, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
              I hope this is of some interest. The AW 93 runway show may have been featured on Style with Elsa Klensch in October 1993

Here's a link to a shoot for Y's by Ferdinando Scianna in Connemara, Ireland: http://ys.yohjiyamamoto.co.jp.s14845...inter-1993-94/ http://www.oldlyric.com/post/7746062...nemara-ireland

Dug up the full shoot on Magnum: https://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?...ID=2S5RYDGU7V6

This was released in print,

http://i.imgur.com/PBAPYXV.jpg (too many images in post now)

Some other random things related to 1993/1994 AW:

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

YYPH:

Source
              Last edited by naturalalmonds; 11-06-2014, 03:12 PM.
              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

naturalalmonds, I am so glad you are on this board and very grateful for your posting these. . I was looking for the Connemera images, those are remarkable in their intimacy.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                  • Sep 2013

You're welcome rider, glad that was useful.

Ahead of the book launch, i-D has selected some of their favourite Yohji quotes (in their words, "Yohji-sms") and put them together here: http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/read/inter...test-yohji-sms
                  I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ryanhast
                      • Sep 2013

Thanks for the write up, I am even more excited now to get my copy in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

• tarringlee
                        • Apr 2014

does anyone know which season is this yohji womenswear from? love the red layer details, i saw someone wear it last week on the street, have not got a chance to ask.

Comment

• Amir
                          • May 2010

tarringlee, I can ask my colleagues at work tomorrow (UK time)

Comment

• tarringlee
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Amir View Post
                            tarringlee, I can ask my colleagues at work tomorrow (UK time)
                            thank you for help~

Comment

• Amir
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by tarringlee View Post
                              thank you for help~
                              I talked to a colleague of mine today, who's been working with Yohji for roughly 15 years and she didn't recognise the garment. My manager is off now, but she'll be back late next week. If you want I can check with her.

Ps – Are you sure this is a YY garment?

Comment

• tarringlee
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Amir View Post
                                I talked to a colleague of mine today, who's been working with Yohji for roughly 15 years and she didn't recognise the garment. My manager is off now, but she'll be back late next week. If you want I can check with her.

Ps – Are you sure this is a YY garment?
                                yea, its a piece from yohji yamamoto womenswear mainline, i just really don't know which season it comes from. i was taking a guess it might be 2010 f/w? but not sure. thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎