X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by monster View Post
    Not quite a shop information, but since some members are looking through the thread for some quick tips, I highly recommend to visit Undercover 25-th year retrospective exhibition, hold in Tokyo opera city art gallery not far from Shinjuku. The exhibition will last till October 23. It's all inspiration!
    Yes, I was so happy to see that full coverage will be soon on www.sz-mag.com since I am unable to visit it myself.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yes, I was privileged to get a private tour and take some photos. Will put up the review Tuesday! The exhibit is up til December 23, not October.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• monster
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The exhibit is up til December 23, not October.
        Sorry, my mistake.
        I made like a million photos. If of any use, I'll post some in the UC thread.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Feel free to post them in the Undercover thread!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mikemikemike
            • Jun 2011

venusfort in tokyo is having a TVA archive sale right now if anyone is interested.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

what is venusfort
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• mikemikemike
                • Jun 2011

its the mall near the big ferriswheel on one of those islands in toyko bay(koto).
                the store that specificaly carries it (inside the mall 3f) is called" R&Co. the stock labo"

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  what is venusfort
                  if you were a 15-year-old girl you'd know exactly what venusfort is

good to know they carry VA at the mall now :)

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                    • Aug 2008

Venus fort is a mall in Odaiba, has a Caesar's Palace-like interior. Mainly aimed at 15 year-old girls as noted. Also pretty touristy. That's very surprising anyone carries the viridi anne over there, but I suppose that's why it's on sale. Not much else worth seeing over there unless you enjoy very small, man-made beaches and underwhelming replicas of the statue of liberty.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                      if you were a 15-year-old girl you'd know exactly what venusfort is

good to know they carry VA at the mall now :)
                      I have actually never been to odaiba lol
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• mikemikemike
                        • Jun 2011

i dont think (from the description of the event) that they "carry" tva in the sense that they stock it seasonally. i think that this is (for whatever reason) is a stand alone sale of old season stock. why it is not happening at the flagship or someone who they are more closely affiliated with...no idea.

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

Shops aside, can anyone recommend/introduce me to a good speakeasy bar in Tokyo? I mean the bar which doesn't have an online/map presence, usually located behind the kitchen of some kind of fastfood joint etc. I've been in Moscow, London, Paris so I would love to check one in Tokyo. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• zeebee
                            • Dec 2008

Going to Tokyo this week. Any recommendations on 2nd hand/vintage clothing stores I should check out?? Much appreciated!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Search and you shall find.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by newp View Post
                                Shops aside, can anyone recommend/introduce me to a good speakeasy bar in Tokyo? I mean the bar which doesn't have an online/map presence, usually located behind the kitchen of some kind of fastfood joint etc. I've been in Moscow, London, Paris so I would love to check one in Tokyo. Thanks in advance!
                                I know this post is a bit old, but for anybody in Tokyo looking for good bars two absolute must tries are:

Ben Fiddich - like a speakeasy in that it's the top of a nondescript office buliding in shinjuku, but the bartender is a cocktail genius. He'll mix e.g. an aperol spritz by blending the underlying herbs instead of pouring Aperol out of a bottle. My qualm with the post-Petraske cocktail world is that it's more show than product, they're tilting two bottles, shaking the mixture and you're not walking out without losing a benjamin. Ben Fiddich is like Death&co/Milk&honey/etc. etc. but done properly.

The Open Book - pretty new bar in the Golden Gai, when I went it was just a business card stuck to a wooden door. But they use a hop infusion tap to mix lemon shandys, there are books everywhere, and the bartender's grandfather was the first person to translate Raymond Chandler novels to Japanese. Laid back, awesome, gotta go.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎