X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by casem View Post
    Honestly, I want this whole outfit so bad... what's become of me???
    Rick
    You'd be the coolest Monk at the temple.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

This whole Gosha/Vetements club of normcore nostalgic irony is so dumb and I don't understand why the fashion press is buying into it.
      music

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

This whole Gosha/Vetements club of normcore nostalgic irony is so dumb and I don't understand why the fashion press is buying into it.
        the fashion press buys into distressed, sloppy, $ 3000, cotton, made in China Kanye sweaters. what makes you think there will be any exception with Vetements? Fuck fashion press
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• patR
          • Apr 2015

This time of year reminds me how many fraudulent, quasi- "designers/creative directors" are out there with showrooms in Paris.

It's so humorous to me how many generic, poorly constructed jackets I've seen with loads of fancy fabrics like silk, velvet, leather, cashmere thrown on to make it seem #LUXURY.

Can't forget some fraying or distressing, either, because #CRAFTSMANSHIP #DETAILS.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

I think it may be because it's like an inside joke towards people who aren't into fashion. It is dumb and arrogant and it's been happening for a while in graphic design, too. I do like it when it fits and when it's excercised properly, but with fashion it's a little bit different as you're wearing the inside joke, therefore you become the joke.

It's a code like everything else is, but the difference between dressing this way and dressing like a punk for example is that you're not protesting against ideals or an institution but against the personal taste of somebody else. If there's any protesting involved at all.
            Last edited by Nickefuge; 01-23-2016, 04:57 AM.
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Haute hipsterism is the next big thing.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

club of normcore nostalgic irony
                this is gold
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

The Canadian dollar is falling faster than any price drops
                  okay i'm exaggerating, slightly
                  Last edited by okayvin; 01-26-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by patR View Post
                    This time of year reminds me how many fraudulent, quasi- "designers/creative directors" are out there with showrooms in Paris.

It's so humorous to me how many generic, poorly constructed jackets I've seen with loads of fancy fabrics like silk, velvet, leather, cashmere thrown on to make it seem #LUXURY.

Can't forget some fraying or distressing, either, because #CRAFTSMANSHIP #DETAILS.
                    Name some names...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I didn't even notice their names. Why?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

Does anyone at shows leave their phone in their pocket anymore? I can understand taking a few quick snaps, but this whole lot was glued to their phones throughout the entire Yohji show, and they're certainly not the exception. Half the time it looked like they were just reading stuff on their phones, not even taking photos.

Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Probably looking at Photos they have taken.

Some SZ members in that pic
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• axtang
                            • Sep 2013

Also, for many of them, they will be there in some professional capacity, and there are a million things going on during the week of shows that demand their attention. I'd be willing to bet they aren't just ignoring the show for fun or casual web browsing.

We live in an era where to cover an event or to be present in a journalistic capacity almost demands being glued to a smartphone. For a lot of people at those events, being on email or whatever social media platform is a vital part of their job. You can argue this is good or bad, but I don't think it's an indictment of character for any of these people to be on their phones at a show like this.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                              Does anyone at shows leave their phone in their pocket anymore? I can understand taking a few quick snaps, but this whole lot was glued to their phones throughout the entire Yohji show, and they're certainly not the exception. Half the time it looked like they were just reading stuff on their phones, not even taking photos.

Haha, yeah, take that AKA*NYC!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by axtang View Post
                                Also, for many of them, they will be there in some professional capacity, and there are a million things going on during the week of shows that demand their attention. I'd be willing to bet they aren't just ignoring the show for fun or casual web browsing.

We live in an era where to cover an event or to be present in a journalistic capacity almost demands being glued to a smartphone. For a lot of people at those events, being on email or whatever social media platform is a vital part of their job. You can argue this is good or bad, but I don't think it's an indictment of character for any of these people to be on their phones at a show like this.
                                There are both kinds - the kind that professor deplores, and the kind you explain. I will say this again, the only Instagram filter that matters is the ME filter. "I" was there. "I" was with this person. "I" saw this. Etc.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎