X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geoffrey B. Small
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    You know Geoffrey, if you need someone to test your sneakers in a real skateboarding scenario, I’d be more than willing to take them for a ride. ;)
    Dear Nickefuge and Lokihaarme thank you each so much for your posts...

Nickefuge: Ah ha... actually one of our key staff members who developed the shoe is a serious die-hard skateboarder (comes to work in Cavarzere on a board) and uses them already. As the sport basically destroys shoes of all types (at least the exterior), I would like to ask who might be paying for the ride you are proposing? If you are famous for boarding maybe we can discuss a promotional deal :-D In the meantime, let me know your size (Italian) and where we or one of our dealers might have to ship a pair to if we can work something out...

Lokihaarme: thank you so much for taking the time to visit Noodle Stories in LA, sorry they are almost all women's store in their buy, but am very glad that you did get a chance to see, touch and feel some of our pieces in person and we really appreciate your kind comments. Regarding the piece you have questions about, I am sorry but I do not recognize the name "The Raisin" for any of our designs. Could you give me a little description idea of the piece you saw, and I will try to respond as best I can.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you both.

Cheers,
    Geoffrey & the Team
    Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 03-29-2017, 05:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Nah, I’m far from being a famous (or even professional) skateboarder, but I’d be curious to see the development your staff member’s shoes are going through – maybe you could post a pic? Concerning SZ skateboarding: I’m sure your shoes and Rick’s petrified wood skateboard would make a good match. :)
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
        Dear Nickefuge and Lokihaarme thank you each so much for your posts...

Nickefuge: Ah ha... actually one of our key staff members who developed the shoe is a serious die-hard skateboarder (comes to work in Cavarzere on a board) and uses them already. As the sport basically destroys shoes of all types (at least the exterior), I would like to ask who might be paying for the ride you are proposing? If you are famous for boarding maybe we can discuss a promotional deal :-D In the meantime, let me know your size (Italian) and where we or one of our dealers might have to ship a pair to if we can work something out...

Lokihaarme: thank you so much for taking the time to visit Noodle Stories in LA, sorry they are almost all women's store in their buy, but am very glad that you did get a chance to see, touch and feel some of our pieces in person and we really appreciate your kind comments. Regarding the piece you have questions about, I am sorry but I do not recognize the name "The Raisin" for any of our designs. Could you give me a little description idea of the piece you saw, and I will try to respond as best I can.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you both.

Cheers,
        Geoffrey & the Team
        Geoffrey & The Team,

Hm... must be a flavor name by Noodle Stories. Strange. I wish I remembered the piece a bit more, but I only noticed it near the end right before I left.

The SA said it was men's or at least unisex. It was one-size and an outerwear piece. Sort of blobular, I suppose, for lack of better word. The material was very heavy, almost like canvas, but the fabric was also incredibly smooth and soft. Super thick. The color (and probably why it was nicknamed raisin) was a purple-ish color. Maybe somewhere closer to a burgundy/oxblood. Hope that rings a bell?

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
          Geoffrey & The Team,

Hm... must be a flavor name by Noodle Stories. Strange. I wish I remembered the piece a bit more, but I only noticed it near the end right before I left.

The SA said it was men's or at least unisex. It was one-size and an outerwear piece. Sort of blobular, I suppose, for lack of better word. The material was very heavy, almost like canvas, but the fabric was also incredibly smooth and soft. Super thick. The color (and probably why it was nicknamed raisin) was a purple-ish color. Maybe somewhere closer to a burgundy/oxblood. Hope that rings a bell?

Dear Lohikaarme,
          OK we have researched all of our deliveries for Noodle Stories and I think we have found the design you are referring to. We made the RSC01 carcoat in a hand dyed special "raisin grey" color version.

You can see more info about, and about 4 or 5 images of the RSC01
          on a recent post on our Instagram pages here:

The color in the Instagram images is different, but let us know if this is the design that you saw in the store.

Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Geoffrey, I did not realize you had Instagram! Followed.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Geoffrey, Yes! That looks like it!

Comment

• underdog
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Geoffrey, I did not realize you had Instagram! Followed.
                His company also has an account for those that do the work which is just as great -

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

• everest
                  • Feb 2017

This is my first post on SZ and only comes after spending the last few weeks reading the entirety of this thread. After first coming across GBS in hostem last year, I thought the clothes were great but after reading the full thread and Geoffrey's comments I must say I like the designs even more for the ethos behind them. As a fashion student it is rare to get an insight into a designers work so I would like to thank Geoffrey for his continuing contributions and I will carry on reading to understand the designs and collections more thoroughly. The most recent men's collection is by far my favourite yet and I can't wait to see what future collections bring. Perhaps one day I will be lucky enough to meet GBS in person like many of you have.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                    • Nov 2007

thank you... + a few more notes about 'grow deep'

Thanks so much Faust, Lohikaarme, underdog, and especially everest, for your kind notes.

As the forces of Artificial Intel, automation, robotics, prison and slave labor are now expanding dramatically in the world (see our Facebook posts recently) and being blindly accepted and put into practice by many of our esteemed colleagues and competitors in the designer market today, we are more determined than ever to continue to build a revolutionary working model of a design company that actually believes in the human being, and can succeed amazingly well by doing so.

Our new GBS and GBS Sartoria entries into IG will reinforce this story and help us to reach out to an increasing audience along with the exciting visionary media partners that we are already involved with including this forum and its magazine. At this time, we are able to report that thanks to all of the people who have worked and supported our mission, so far, our AW17 'secrets' men's and 'grow deep' women's collections have reached a new all-time record for order bookings for a single season and the firm is now continuing its ambitious and aggressive hiring and investment in new staff and development to achieve a new all-time record sales, delivery and production level for a single year in 2017.

We feel very strongly that these results lend testament that there is a customer and market for an alternative proposal to the ominous, growing and apocalyptic perfect storm that is being caused, created and implemented by an incompetent and failing ruling class that is so insulated, detached and separated from reality, the nature around them, and their own humanity and sense of community and responsibility to others on this earth--that they are willing to drive our entire species on this planet to suicide far sooner than we can imagine.

And make no doubt about it, they are using fashion as a primary vehicle to achieve these aims... as a deviation, as a smokescreen, or even at best, a very beautifully executed lie made possible by far too many of my extremely talented colleagues in the field who for reasons of money and dependence are collaborating with these types of interests. We continue to ask all of you to think twice about proposals that are coming from or associated with the continuing use of synthetic petrochemical fibres in fabric and especially footwear, the use of exploiting slavery and unethical human production practices in poor developing nations instead of investing in people with a proper wage in all countries at the local level, the new use of AI, 3D printing and robotic factory production to eliminate any real human employment (and our company would argue fervently... creativity) in production of massive amounts of consumer goods at a time when more people in the world than ever in the history of mankind need a productive job to stay alive, and the subversive use of fashion and its growing global interest and audience by these corporations to greenwash, brainwash, politically agitate, or otherwise propagandize the continuation of status quo ongoing-unquestioning-support and funding of a system that is rapidly leading to our own self-destruction.

In addition to the amazing first-in-the-world technology innovations it contained, our most recent collection's name and concept 'grow deep' also served to define our goal of growing a great organization with deep roots and a firm foundation, similar to a great tree, like the thousand year-old tree at Kamakura in Japan. A tree of life and sustainable creation that will be able to withstand, and perhaps, even outlive the storm ahead and those responsible for it-- for a new generation and a new way of life and thinking on this planet.

On that note, with many thanks to all, we provide some new links below on the continuing coverage
                    of the collection and its spectacular presentation and the people behind it who made it possible...

*Paris show coverage in Japan on fashionsnap...
                    Geoffrey B. Small -Women's- 2017-18秋冬 パリのコレクション・ファッションショーの画像を25枚掲載しています。

*Photography and video by Frederico Guendel now in Spain's Frenezi Magazine edited by Steven Loria...

*Dario Ruggiero's backstage photo coverage edited in Milan by Anca Macavei in Nasty Magazine...

A curated selection of backstage moments from the latest Paris Fashion Week shows including DROMe, Ottolinger, Anne Sofie Madsen and Geoffrey B Small. Photographed in exclusive for Nasty Magazine by Dario Ruggiero.

*And Natalie Eloise's story for Some/Things in Paris is also just posted on our AW17
                    Women's seasonal collections thread on SZ
                    here...

More coverage coming soon.

with great thanks, respect and appreciation to all,

Geoffrey & the Team

Comment

• rl82
                      • Aug 2016

Funny, Dario Ruggiero is a friend of mine :)
                      Didn't know he did pics for you Geoffrey B. Small

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by rl82 View Post
                        Funny, Dario Ruggiero is a friend of mine :)
                        Didn't know he did pics for you Geoffrey B. Small
                        Dear Rl82,
                        thanks for your comment... he didn't do the pics for us, he was shooting them for editorial for Nasty Magazine. Glad to know he is a friend of yours, we met him only very briefly backstage after the show, he was very kind and took some great shots for the story which we really appreciate.
                        Cheers and thank again, Geoffrey & the team

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                          • Nov 2007

A beautiful image story of the GBS Spring/summer 2017 women's collection in Please Magazine Edition no. 6 is now out in stores and newsstands in Japan. The story entitled "Puzzle of the Times" was shot by Yusuke Shiiki with Matilde Canuti in Paris and edited by Toru Kitahara in Tokyo. After a long career as a leading editor of major Japanese fashion magazines, Please was founded and published by Kitahara as a true hands-on independent design publication and an alternative to the country's growing, omnipresent corporate-controlled fashion media in recent years and is garnering increasing attention and support from GBS, Comme des Garcons and others. Like the GBS men's collection, "Summer Days of Tyrus, Alta, Clementine, Lizzy & Amanda" focuses on early 1900's American baseball clothes and is dedicated to exceptional women baseball players of the period who pioneered the sport for women and features our most advanced extreme handmade technologies and design work to date in collaboration with the very best made in italy fabric and components masters still working in the world today. With many thanks to all, Geoffrey & the team

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                            • May 2017

Fucking hell. I have not often read something that exuded such passion and brilliance! Thank you so much for this! The things he says about sustainiblity and quality and how it is far too often given up for money hit very close to home, this being a topic that I feel very strongly about. I also love how he talks about technologoy replacing humans as I am slowly becoming a bit anti-technology... There is a pretty interesting book on that called 'Homo Deus' by Yuval Noah Harari which I can only recommend!

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

we believe in the human being, thanks Erich Fromm,"Contemporary Poets"UomoCollezioni

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
                              Fucking hell. I have not often read something that exuded such passion and brilliance! Thank you so much for this! The things he says about sustainiblity and quality and how it is far too often given up for money hit very close to home, this being a topic that I feel very strongly about. I also love how he talks about technologoy replacing humans as I am slowly becoming a bit anti-technology... There is a pretty interesting book on that called 'Homo Deus' by Yuval Noah Harari which I can only recommend!

Thanks very much Erich Fromm for taking the time and effort to read about us.

We believe in the human being. And we believe that the concept of what "technology" is, needs to be reviewed a bit. Technology to us does not mean only replacing humans, or only things being done by machines, or what many today view as tech. Far from it. For example, it is a fact that indigenous Americans were far superior technologically to us when it came to living sustainably and ecologically, and had we not killed them off, we would be in far better shape today than we are. So who in the end really has the more advanced techology?

We also view our way of creating clothes, which we define as extreme handmade technology, not only as tech... but indeed, far superior tech, that over time will prove itself to be an amazingly valuable long-term asset that is a direct result of our belief in the superior value of the human being when respected, supported, encouraged and allowed to reach higher and higher levels of excellence and mastery.

And when it comes to designing and making clothes, looking around us at the current state of affairs, we sort of have a little bit of a grudge to bear, and we intend to give those who do not believe in the value of human beings as we do, a real run for the money in the seasons and years ahead as our movement and our following begins to really grow. And we invite you to join us in our effort in whatever way you can.

On that note, our latest men's Paris collection 'secrets' continues its remarkable run of press coverage with "Contempory Poets" a wonderful four-page spread in Uomo Collezioni, the industry's leading fashion runway print publication. With many thanks to everyone who has helped to make it happen, Geoffrey & the team....

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                                • Nov 2007

Geoffrey B. Small interview in Her magazine

AS we approach our 100th collection to be presented in Paris this month, the second half of our interview with Sofia Nebiolo and Christopher Victoor now appears in the new issue of Her, the new sister publication of The New Order magazine in Japan (you can see the 1st interview in The New Order earlier up on this thread). The interview continues to explore our long history of showing in Paris from the early days to more recent ones including the spring/summer women's 2017 collection presentation where the interview took place. Both books are edited and created in Japan and published by Noise Media Ltd. in Auckland and distributed by Slam Jam in Europe, Comcode in North America, Plus Contemporary corp in Japan, and Noise Media for the rest of the world. Photographs of the SS2017 women's collection worn by Matilde Canuti were shot by Zelinda Zanichelli and styled by Nobuhiko Akiyoshi in Paris. More press coverage coming up soon, with many thanks to everyone who has helped us to get this far...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎