• Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

try audio hijack iv been using it for years now

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

Upgraded to Firefox 4 on my Mac, but it's proving to be glitchy as heck. Back to 3.6.16 methinks.
      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        I would try to restore it via DFU mode: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

also, might be worth downloading the latest firmware and selecting it manually for the restore (on a pc by pressing shift while selecting restore in itunes)
        Yep, that's it! I guess I was using wrong terminology. Blame it on the jetlag
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

the method you mentioned is valid as well, but the phone remains on whereas in the DFU mode the operating system is not loaded before the restore, so its a "deeper" restore (for the lack of better wording)

(geekstatus)
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

WITCHCRAFT!

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

I was waiting for something to happen until it finished...
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

someone just showed me how to use the ruler tool in photoshop to do an arbitrary rotate to level an image without guessing the horizon.

i feel like such an idiot after doing hundreds of arbitrary rotates by eye...

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I still remember when I learnt that there was a copy and paste function in Windows 3.11 in the mid 90's, I had actually typed out long bits of text before this.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Just got the new white iphone 4. It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      someone just showed me how to use the ruler tool in photoshop to do an arbitrary rotate to level an image without guessing the horizon.

i feel like such an idiot after doing hundreds of arbitrary rotates by eye...
                      !

how do you do this, i can't figure it out?

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

The ruler tool is located in the eyedropper tool.

Once activated, drag the crosshair from one side to the other of the crooked horizon. Then in image rotate, choose arbitrary and it will automatically calculate the turn in degrees in order make the image level.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Any Mac experts here? After trying to open a .PDF file, the mouse icon turned into the spinning rainbow and I can't do anything - can't go to finder and force quit, nothing. Restared the computer - nothing. Shut down and started in safe mode - nothing again. Am I fuxored?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

You might have run out of memory or something. Or some components might be corrupted. Have you tried this? It's happened to me before, and sometimes I just let the computer sit for awhile and then restart it later in the say. Not a "Technical" solution but it's worked.

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• skinfade
                              • Jul 2010

May also take a look on this too:
                              http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/sbbod.html

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Any Mac experts here? After trying to open a .PDF file, the mouse icon turned into the spinning rainbow and I can't do anything - can't go to finder and force quit, nothing. Restared the computer - nothing. Shut down and started in safe mode - nothing again. Am I fuxored?
                                Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                                You might have run out of memory or something. Or some components might be corrupted. Have you tried this? It's happened to me before, and sometimes I just let the computer sit for awhile and then restart it later in the say. Not a "Technical" solution but it's worked.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1417
                                Definitely odd. Does not sound like a full disk (i.e. out of storage, running out of memory doesn't really make sense here). When you say "nothing again," what exactly occurs when you restart (screen color, original images, disk spinup noises, funny noises, fan noises, etcetera)? You may have significantly reduced performance with a full disk, but you will still see things happen.

To see if the disk has failed (unlikely in my opinion, as mac has a no disk icon that appears in startup if there's no disk):
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Do you have any bootable media anywhere (Linux USB key or CD or something)? It would be good to be able to check if it was a hard drive failure.

Alternately, if you have another computer and it's a mac, hook your mac up for target mode: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1661

If you have another mode, and it's a PC, hook your mac up for target mode after installing

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive (trial mode)
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully we can narrow it down.

EDIT: What kinda mac is this?
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎