X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenith
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Well, you're really going to love London once you discover the rest.
    Take a trip to Newham.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

so a McFlurry huh.
      In his defense, it's probably the only affordable 'beverage' you'll find in London.

As for McDonald's, I recently saw a Paris menu item called le double shiny bacon. And to think stateside we've had to make do with matte bacon all this time.
      Last edited by interest1; 11-13-2014, 02:22 AM. Reason: spelling whore
      sain't

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

is St John worth the hype? turns out I'll have an extra night in London..

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
          is St John worth the hype? turns out I'll have an extra night in London..
          not to me.
          Go to Smoking Goat on Denmark Street.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dreavan
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            In his defense, it's probably the only affordable 'beverage' you'll find in London.

As for McDonald's, I recently saw a Paris menu item called le double shiny bacon. And to think stateside we've had to make do with matte bacon all this time.
            It was a real shock for me. The reference seems dumb but this is a reality. In France, you cannot afford a McDonalds menu for less than 10€ (if you want an icecream to complete it) which is a bit insane for what it is.

Berlin was the less expensive McDonalds I went to though and they have the veggie burger which is an other alternative to the Fish if you don't eat meat.

By the way, I noticed something very obvious down the londonian streets. Who do english peope have with the "Prêt à Manger" fast foods? They're all over the place, like every hundred meters.
            It seems to be much more popular there than in Paris or anywhere else.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              not to me.
              Go to Smoking Goat on Denmark Street.
              Thai BBQ sounds like a goer to me, thanks!

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post
                It was a real shock for me. The reference seems dumb but this is a reality. In France, you cannot afford a McDonalds menu for less than 10€ (if you want an icecream to complete it) which is a bit insane for what it is.

Berlin was the less expensive McDonalds I went to though and they have the veggie burger which is an other alternative to the Fish if you don't eat meat.

By the way, I noticed something very obvious down the londonian streets. Who do english peope have with the "Prêt à Manger" fast foods? They're all over the place, like every hundred meters.
                It seems to be much more popular there than in Paris or anywhere else.
                We call this the Duane Reade effect.
                sain't

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I love Pret. But yeah, it seems they are taking over the town.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nonomomo
                    • Oct 2009

^Along with Itsu but yeah their Rocket and crayfish is really good.

On a another note, some nice large PH pieces in DSM which includes jerkin(keeps growing on me), pocket and the new print shirt. Did DSM dropped m_moria or was it just a once/twice off installation.

Comment

• Zenith
                      • Jun 2009

Had dinner at the smoking goat yesterday, what a bizarre place.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                        Had dinner at the smoking goat yesterday, what a bizarre place.
                        Bizarre how? I'm curious as it's a friend of mine.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

I don't mean bizarre in any negative way. Mainly the eclectic vibe of the place when you compare it to the cooking. A wine bar with a non listed cocktail menu playing Hendrix while I'm wrist deep in curried crab as lights flicker around me. The thai/london/new york atmosphere was jarring to me at least.

Meat was top notch, best chicken wings I've had in a long time. Great to see the place so lively on a Tuesday too. It was quite fascinating.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

based on that description, I want to go
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              based on that description, I want to go
                              It's a must see. He opened about 5 weeks ago, reviews have been raving about it and it's now a 2.5 hour wait for a table. All music is played from a turntable, you can bring your own records if you like. And the food is out of this world, wineselection is top notch too.

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

Going to have a layover in London soon from 7pm to 3pm the next day or so. Any recommendations of fun things to do or try within that time period (all-night eats, clubs, etc)?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎