X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    RFT: In the process of minimizing my wardrobe I have gone from almost 30 pairs of shoes now down to 11 essential pairs within 1 year. 10 is my target, so almost there. Past year I've learned to let go... (not counting some crap stored in my shed, then I'm still at 30 :p)
    Did the same thing and thought it was very relieving. I get way more use out of the things I own now.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Leopard is top, wtf are you guys on!!?? As Deneuve once said it is vulgar but you must always have a few pieces.
      I always knew you had a secret crack habit ;)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I always knew you had a secret crack habit ;)
        Wut?

The previous outfit is obviously a joke but Deneuve is right: leopard and animal prints in general have their place in a woman's wardrobe. There's a huge difference between being dressed for 90s Miami in Versace coupled with Cavalli and having a few animal prints garments integrated into a more sedate wardrobe.

YSL:
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Fuuma that look is NOT a joke.

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

That is eerily reminiscent of a former patient of mine who used to show up in a leopard coat and sunglasses all the time.

Catherine Deneuve looks great, but she always does and I always thought you need a certain aura of gravitas too wear animal prints aside from the being perfectly coiffed and made up.

It didn't work for me at Dries, but thinking about it I do own a red fur coat that I wear in the winter to get coffee at 6 am. Which I guess is just as vulgar.
            lavender menace

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

For the record, I don't think the Julius zippers are cheap, but those double zippers are always hard to finnagle, that's for sure.

Yep, another zipper discussion.

Anyway, why don't all designers make trapezoid shaped scarves? They drape and turn so nicely. Faliero Sarti and Schneider got the script right long ago, what about the others?

I do another shape. If interested let me know. You get the friends price! : )

Comment

• clay
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by saniityhd View Post
                Might not be directly fashion-related, but kind of:
                I have been thinking alot about my employment recently. Working at a high-end clothing-store while being 20 y/o seems both appreciated and sometimes frowned upon. I have many customers who seem happy to get help, advice etc from me ( most of them being women or older men ). But I must say I have more people ( typically men just some years older than me ), who down me for trying to help them. People seem to think that I am a wise ass when I try to help them.
                I have always thought that this is due to my age.

What do you feel like walking in to a store where the staff is younger than you? Is this a problem?
                As I'm in sales now I believe that most people either know what they like or do not. Those that don't always, always want your DIRECTION, those that do know just want you to point them in the right direction.

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                  Breathtaking in a Buttero type of way?
                  Gotta say I like some of the Buttero joints! I also like Frye boots and Wingtips. Their sneakers can look nice but the soles are crap. I think those Rick joints are great, but do not take my breath away : )

Comment

• clay
                    • Sep 2006

I don't know why people are surprised over this. They have to make money - it's not a charity. I love how entitled everyone has become. Incredible.
                    And today's word is: ENTITLED!

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

I think that Deneuve started looking like a Madame (Maquerelle) as soon as she hit 30. But that doesn't have much to do with leopard prints, more with excessive makeup, a soft underchin and the fast souring of her very contrived brand of bougie-slut sex appeal with age.

But then again, I'm not a fan so what do I know

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

I feel sorry for previous model RO iPhone cases on Yoox.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Balenciaga will have the first ever men's show in June.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sunny
                            • Dec 2012

Feel piss-off while dealing with the buyers of grailed.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                              Feel piss-off while dealing with the buyers of grailed.
                              Get in line.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

is the giant amount of paul harnden stuff in gigantic sizes part of the oversize appeal? or is it just really large dudes into the look..?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎