X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
    Looks like the second wave of recession is coming.
    Originally posted by whitney View Post
    I don't think the economy will recover until people realize we were sitting on a gilded golden egg..

tighter credit/bank regulations to help people of this generation curb their craziness--put back money into the education system to teach the next the value of money and how to combat instant gradification with the realization that there is pride and memories in an object brought with actual money from work not credit that will come tumbling down later..

and more importantly reevaluate the wage system. people don't need fancy shit but if you are going to market push fancy shit to them then you should pay them so they will be able to buy it without only being able to enjoy it for a few years before being indebted to you for a lifetime.

course Americans love patching up instead of rebuilding a rusty pipe.*

and to be fair it's a really bitter pill to swallow*
    interesting bit about america's coming fiscal crisis. if/when...

bruce bartlett - fiscal crisis
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Lumina
      • Dec 2009

bestial

How to waste more than one hour for nothing ? By looking EVERYWHERE for a dress which was in fact hidden under a jacket on a hanger (item I absolutely didn't need at the moment, but I was curious as I hadn't seen it for a while)

Comment

• whitney
        • Dec 2009

^my favorite thing is finding a jacket/skirt/piece of clothing with pockets i haven't worn in ages and then checking the pockets to see money or candy.

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
        951SoCal I actually think the Japanese are xenophobic? Not really racist just that they are very proud of their own ethnicity and culture. Hmmm even xenophobic doesn't sound right.

whitney the thing is they should have let those responsible be gone. The recovery would have been much slower and the consequences scary, but at least they wouldn't be papering over the cracks...
        ideally yes. unfortunately they'd (the board i'm assuming) would rather keep the current CEO and roast a fire under his or her ass to do better--then let them go--unless they screw up so bad they're going to be sent to jail and would be of no use anyways--something about having the experience. so much that they'd offer $$$$$$ bonuses to keep them from jumping a sinking ship.

my biggest beef is the bonuses/compensation and distribution of wealth/profit margin among a company.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        interesting bit about america's coming fiscal crisis. if/when...

bruce bartlett - fiscal crisis
        thank you for reminding me of a different aspect to this financial thing;

it will be interesting to see how it plays out. i don't have any better guesses.
        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

bird shi* is sooo nasty. you shouldve taken it back to the apple store and been all "a f***ing bird just shi* on my iphone! WTF!" and got a new one.

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

whitney > yeah, it's also great to track back what was done the day it was worn, like finding various tickets ("oh, that's the day I went to see that exhibition, or movie"), or papers with to-do list, phone numbers...

Comment

• whitney
              • Dec 2009

heh I don't collect numbers but yes

tickets and receipts to reminisce briefly..
              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

in jamaica.............experiencing the combat.........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
                  • Nov 2008

Thought this would fit here rather than the small questions thread.. I was watching the Owens womens gleam collection and the finale song sounds so familiar. Its on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to spit out the artist or the song... Anyone know who its by?

Comment

• kukuberger
                    • May 2010

after 6 years of busting my ass, I am selling my business. A lot of ambiguous feelings. On the one hand I will have a level of financial freedom I have never had but on the other I will be an employee at my own biz for at least 30 months, surrendering a good deal of personal freedom in the process. ( I assume)

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      in jamaica.............experiencing the combat.........
                      Shit. I forgot you were there. I hope you're safe. Get back soon.

The situation is pathetic. I am deeply disgusted with Golding right now. He should be removed.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                        Shit. I forgot you were there. The situation is pathetic. I am deeply disgusted with Golding right now. He should be removed.
                        Im good man, no worries. I cannot move around as I want to. (more my wife's fear than anything else) but Im OK.

this situation is bigger than Golding man...............there is nothing he or any of the other politicians could do. this situation has been festering for decades, and will continue after this man is gone.

I believe he anticipated this and hence his reluctance to give up the man..................it may be the end of his political career though.

PM me if you need a report on the situation man.....
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laughed
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by thedevilisinthedetails View Post
                          Thought this would fit here rather than the small questions thread.. I was watching the Owens womens gleam collection and the finale song sounds so familiar. Its on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to spit out the artist or the song... Anyone know who its by?
                          Queen, you take my breath away

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Seeing all the recent purchases in the recent purchases thread makes me wish I had more money :(
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                              Queen, you take my breath away
                              The one after queen. The 90s techno track.

Comment

• MaxM
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                                Seeing all the recent purchases in the recent purchases thread makes me wish I had more money :(
                                Poor Fark

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎