Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sverrenor
    • Feb 2012

Damn, better preventing than repairing, I guess. Should almost get that rubber-ish case then.

I placed my Macbook on top of a huge-ass Marshall speaker in our rehearsal room, which was hooked up to my buddy playing his bass. Not recommendable.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Sverrenor View Post
      Anyone who knows what to do with a Mac that's fell almost 2 meters and landed on wooden floor?
      Be thrilled it works!
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sverrenor
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        Be thrilled it works!
        Haha, true that! Apple is unquestionably great craftsmanship.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well, now I got a bunch of Best Buy gift cards but no iPads in sight! :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sverrenor View Post
            Haha, true that! Apple is unquestionably great craftsmanship.
            Unfortunately the glass has a tendency to shatter if the phone hits the ground just-so. Thankfully replacement front screens and back screens can be had online for $40 and $10 respectively. Still very much painful to have to go through :(
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Bit the bullet on the new iPad and no regrets. Really awesome toy AND tool. Regular users - what do you recommend for a case and a stylus
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

I'd consider a case from makr http://makr.com/?tag_product_type=20

Comment

• shuit
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Bit the bullet on the new iPad and no regrets. Really awesome toy AND tool. Regular users - what do you recommend for a case and a stylus
                  I don't use stylus but if you are talking about case, hard graft do actually made some nice one. it has the smell of MA+ in it. Very practical too.

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/tiltipadcase-allgrey
                  Last edited by shuit; 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM. Reason: image resize

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Can I use my iPad charge plug with iPhone and vice versa?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

pretty sure you can charge anything from iPhone to iToothbrush with the same thing!
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Can I use my iPad charge plug with iPhone and vice versa?
                        As a general rule, yes.

For maximum safety (almost certainly unnecessary), only charge things with a charger built for them or something more sturdy. i.e charging a macbook air with a macbook pro charger, or an iphone with an ipad charger is 0 risk. Going the other way is near 0 risk, but not entirely 0. Or so I've been told. I ignore this shit with impunity, have for years.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yea, I looked and the output for iphone is 5 V for iPhone and 5.1 for iPad, so should be fine. Woot, charger efficiency. So, Etruscan, will I see you in San Fran next week?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

does anyone have any concrete " inside info" on release dates for the new macbook air and iPhone? I mean are their any industry insiders that might offer a good educated guess?

Comment

• luke
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                              does anyone have any concrete " inside info" on release dates for the new macbook air and iPhone? I mean are their any industry insiders that might offer a good educated guess?
                              i talked to a guy who works for mac over the weekend and he was saying around the same time as last year. basically anytime now for the announcement, who knows for when they'll be available for purchase.

of course, there's always this as well.
                              This page provides a product summary for each Apple model. The intent is to provide our best recommendations regarding current product cycles, and to provide a summary of currently available rumors for each model. This page is based on rumors and speculation and we provide no guarantee to its accuracy.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^I've been waiting for the same. Definitely wait until the next gen is released b/c it'll come with a better chipset, screen, and probably be equal to or less in price.

The thing I'm curious about is if they finally decide to merge the MacBook Pro and Air lines into a single line. After all, you strip out the worthless DVD/CD/etc drive in the Pro and you can shrink is on down.....I'm hoping they do merge, but who knows what that'll do to options and pricing structure.

I'm waiting, but expecting June/July time frame, which tends to be a popular time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎