Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
      U mad bro?
      Who's Jun?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

That's a rant, so ppl had some speculations so what.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
          You fucking stoners don't know anything / making shit up. Jun posts some photos from Tranoi on insta and suddenly he's working with them.

I've been emailing Stefano and Andrea since before they started showing this stuff and spoke at length about the project in person.

In terms of production, they're using the same leather supplier, leather types on offer being horse, calf and cow and the same factory as before.

They're still going to produce buried leather footwear (people will probably eat up that gimmick).

There's a design meeting happening this month that "might" have some ex-staff members, mainly focused on bringing back some of the women's footwear designs, that's all so far. As for the current stuff, you conspiracy theorists know nothing.

Tranoi is hell like any trade show, reeks of desperation. It was kinda sad seeing it there but, accept this for what it is. A reissue project.
          It was my mistake, I was misleaded as well, my bad. So is it Issei Fujita or not?

Comment

• uve
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by newp View Post
            It was my mistake, I was misleaded as well, my bad. So is it Issei Fujita or not?
            Involved in some capacity I guess. Hashimoto has purchased the right to use the name, and the manufacturer/leather supplier may be the same, as someone else has mentioned. It doesn't have altieri's involvement besides having sold right to use the name, and Hashimoto never had qualms with using carpe designs under wjk name anyhow. Think of this as wjk buying legitimacy of the name, long after anyone involved in designing that stuff (altieri, amadei, luc, marvie) have stopped caring. If you've always regretted not owning one of those washed leather shirt-jackets that hang about on yahoo, there will now be a chance to pay retail price for them to the guy who distinguished himself making near-knockoffs for the past decade.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

there is a wise man whom i know who once told me
              "if something is leaving and you need it, you chase it down,
              if the thing is coming, all you have to do is wait"

All of this speculation etc is utter nonsense. the stuff will be made, sold and delivered to stores and available to whomever wants it.
              I could care less about the clothes, my commitment to Carpe footwear ( i'm wearing sidezips now) still stands as it were
              When the stuff hit stores I will buy the footwear i need regardless of who makes it. For all of the other artisanal brands, there is still no other footwear that comes close. not even the ones now made by Aliteri
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• JohnFG
                • May 2007

Just coming back from a 2 hours chat with Maurizio about his new project "unapersona" and having seen all the 33 different m-moriabc pieces with the last 5 years he made... it was just a pleasure! Great guy and work from my very personal point of view!!

Comment

• uve
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by JohnFG View Post
                  Just coming back from a 2 hours chat with Maurizio about his new project "unapersona" and having seen all the 33 different m-moriabc pieces with the last 5 years he made... it was just a pleasure! Great guy and work from my very personal point of view!!
                  What impressions of the Berlin show? Especially with respect to the new clothing

Comment

• JohnFG
                    • May 2007

New clothing is all about denim and pieces (saw prototype pants + jacket) made without any seam. Still at early stage of design, bit will be great!

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      there is a wise man whom i know who once told me
                      "if something is leaving and you need it, you chase it down,
                      if the thing is coming, all you have to do is wait"

All of this speculation etc is utter nonsense. the stuff will be made, sold and delivered to stores and available to whomever wants it.
                      I could care less about the clothes, my commitment to Carpe footwear ( i'm wearing sidezips now) still stands as it were
                      When the stuff hit stores I will buy the footwear i need regardless of who makes it. For all of the other artisanal brands, there is still no other footwear that comes close. not even the ones now made by Aliteri

I am on same page here. I never owned a pair of CD or WJK/Jun because either a pair in good condition wasn't around or size 44 wasn't made or both. Anyways now I have an opportunity to own a pair. Same factory same design should be good. Not like Altieri made cDiem boots himself anyways .

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                        I am on same page here. I never owned a pair of CD or WJK/Jun because either a pair in good condition wasn't around or size 44 wasn't made or both. Anyways now I have an opportunity to own a pair. Same factory same design should be good. Not like Altieri made cDiem boots himself anyways .

I have owned 5 holes in calf and in horse, I have owned 7 holes in reverse horse. I have owned several pairs of derbies, one which i sold and deeply regret

I have owned backzips, i have owned sidezips. I cannot speak for anyone else but there is no other footwear that comes close.
                        I own a lot of CCP footwear from side zips to tornadoes to Jointed boots to hockeyes and rubber bands.
                        there is no other footwear like Original Carpe. Simplified, well made and can outlive you if you take care of them.

the only criticism i have is of the low instep on some of them, which i always have to get the shoe stretched out
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          I have owned 5 holes in calf and in horse, I have owned 7 holes in reverse horse. I have owned several pairs of derbies, one which i sold and deeply regret

I have owned backzips, i have owned sidezips. I cannot speak for anyone else but there is no other footwear that comes close.
                          I own a lot of CCP footwear from side zips to tornadoes to Jointed boots to hockeyes and rubber bands.
                          there is no other footwear like Original Carpe. Simplified, well made and can outlive you if you take care of them.

the only criticism i have is of the low instep on some of them, which i always have to get the shoe stretched out
                          Heheh, I actually found CCP to be the most comfortable for me out of the box or rice bag in his case. This is going to be my first time owning CD (have backzips in horse on order) and yes i heard of the low instep but that isn't worrying me for now.

The thing is most of the footwear i own (ma+, ccp, a9123, layer-0) will last for years as long as i give it some mild TLC.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Looks like the new Fujita-era Carpe has landed. Anyone gonna bite (from Shelter)?

We also get the WTF-ery where it looks like the new C-Diem is also taking from Avantindietro.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The footwear is identical to the original (same manufacturer), so that's probably the only thing that might be tempting. The new collection (not this one) is gross.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                The footwear is identical to the original (same manufacturer), so that's probably the only thing that might be tempting. The new collection (not this one) is gross.
                                I have heard pretty negative feedback regarding the quality of the SS18 collection, didn't know they were producing anything but footwear for the second season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎