X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

you're welcome, munch

abs, totally agree about gruppo. it's my go to place as it's just around the corner...some people don't like that super thin crust though
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

i just had some truly excellent perogies made by a real polish mother and not frozen mrs. t's crap..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Endersgame, make your way to Teresa's in Brooklyn Heights.

So, I had to have this, of course. By the way, I don't think we've had a chocolate discussion yet, have we?

[/URL]
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          By the way, I don't think we've had a chocolate discussion yet, have we?
          Last time I was in Paris, we visited more than 20 chocolatiers. This man was head and shoulders above the rest. http://www.jcrochoux.fr/
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Thanks.

Does anyone make their own ice-cream? I am thinking to buy an ice-cream maker - I think my daughter would get a kick out of making our own ice-cream.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

I do from time to time... Not too often though. But worth the effort. Make sure to get Ben & Jerrys recipes. But still, my favorite is vanilla ice-cream.... with good vanilla.
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

faust, i've been past teresa's many times but never dined there. i always thought it was some bistro/diner..

also, if you follow a simple crème anglaise receipe, that's the basis for vanilla ice cream. add any flavour to it to make it what you want. you can get a manual ice cream maker for less by just hand churning every once in a while in the freezer to set..

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                  faust, i've been past teresa's many times but never dined there. i always thought it was some bistro/diner..

also, if you follow a simple crème anglaise receipe, that's the basis for vanilla ice cream. add any flavour to it to make it what you want. you can get a manual ice cream maker for less by just hand churning every once in a while in the freezer to set..
                  You should go! The Polish food is great (potato pancakes with sour cream are incredible, and the pirogi and kielbasa are excellent as well) - it drives me nuts when Americans order burgers there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• qnc.hst
                    • Oct 2007

Haven't posted in this thread, as I'm a bit of a gastro-lowbrow, but my fiancee and I signed on to a CSA (community supported agriculture) program this year and I wanted to recommend this kind of thing to anybody looking to expand their own horizons in the kitchen.

It's not like we've been getting lots of extremely exotic items, just lots of stuff I never think to pick up at the grocery store -- and it's very interesting to get some surprises every week and then have to find ways to work them into recipes or find new things to make. And everything is as fresh as can be! Plus I'm eating a lot better than I usually would be... lots of veggies with every meal.

Re: Ice Cream makers... if you do get one, try making sour cream ice cream. If it works out, you won't regret it!
                    I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• munch
                      • Aug 2008

just get some liquid nitrogen, makes the best ice cream ever!
                      dry ice works too though, might be easier to use...

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

Book a flight to Vienna and have nougat ice cream at Tuchlauben. If there's any better ice cream in this world I don't want to try it.
                        Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

all i want to eat is this

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

you want to eat borscht?

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

not really borscht...chilled beet soup made with buttermilk or yogurt. My favorite hot weather food but I've actually had a hard time finding it around here...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ have some in my fridge. mom made yesterday.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎