• Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Ann Demeulemeester F/W17 Men's - Paris

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • sroreilly
    • Jul 2015

"l'avenir"
    has a lot of weight on a day like today.

Comment

• timm3h
      • Mar 2011

I'm interested in what people more knowledgeable about Ann's work think. While I liked it a lot, it feels like Sebastien is feeling pressure to tone down his own creative direction and basically act as a proxy for Ann for all the Ann fans. I'm seeing less of his own 'spin' in this collection compared to those he's done in the past. It's a lot of extrapolation and theorizing, I know.

Also curious about people's thoughts on what's novel here, and what's recycled?
      Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by timm3h View Post
        I'm interested in what people more knowledgeable about Ann's work think. While I liked it a lot, it feels like Sebastien is feeling pressure to tone down his own creative direction and basically act as a proxy for Ann for all the Ann fans. I'm seeing less of his own 'spin' in this collection compared to those he's done in the past. It's a lot of extrapolation and theorizing, I know.

Also curious about people's thoughts on what's novel here, and what's recycled?
        I'd say yes with the last collection, but not with this one. Ann would never do something so effeminate. I actually think he's found the balance here.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• goldsamxo
            • Jan 2017

Such a beautiful display, these backstage photos really show the tailoring involved in these collections. Reminds me a little of 'Eleanor'(if that's the proper title for AW09) but that might just be my brain. Great job Sebastian!
            Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
            Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• gustavobradley
              • Jun 2016

This was far and away my favourite collection from this season. Everything about it speaks to me in this weird way - it's perfectly romantic and poetic. Plus, I really want a choker now.

Comment

• negroygris
                • Aug 2013

Sebastien nailed it this season, the perfect balance of the fabric selection and the silhouettes truly show what the brand is known for, this to me is poetic and elegant. IMO this is the best styled collection from the recent shows thus far.
                We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I love this, definitely his best so far at Ann. More feminine than what Ann would do but still full of that romantic spirit that fills me with desire. Still I wonder who will be wearing all these sheer shirts.
                  music

Comment

• Sufi
                    • Jan 2017

Wasn't a fan of the past collections by Meunier; however, this collection is amazing. A breath of fresh air after the numerous dull collections presented this season.

Comment

• akkeri
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I'd say yes with the last collection, but not with this one. Ann would never do something so effeminate. I actually think he's found the balance here.
                      I agree with Faust. You can see it in the plunging necklines and some of the more decorative elements. I'm an Ann tragic, and my response to this collection is almost violently mixed – some pieces I love, some I find offensive. But his personality is definitely coming through.

Comment

• Sufi
                        • Jan 2017

Anyone know the name of the song that was playing during the show?

Comment

• hinteracre
                          • Aug 2016

Agree with Tmm3h.

Not liking this collection at all. Much prefer the older era when he fresh from taking over from Ann, it was bold, confident and uncompromising. Miss the sharpness where you'd see a piece or a curation and say - yes, what is THAT? (Like that feeling you get reminiscing over Damir Doma)
                          Where now its just fast forward.

You see Meunier himself wearing all his past seasons designs at the end of the shows - says a lot

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎