• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by nictan View Post
    any help on where else stocks female guidis online? a friend is interested in getting the heeled back zips in calf length. pretty much like the pair flux owns.
    just saw this

Comment

• sargon97
      • Jan 2009

Thanks. After being told by barneys they where sold out, I called back and suddenly they had one in the size I was looking for

Originally posted by rider View Post
      check ln-cc and barneys for those junyas. ln-cc pricing being much better.
      and a couple of years ago i bought my ann triple lace from laboratorio35 but not on ebay, i went directly to their website and the pricing was lower. i got them quickly and had no issue's.

Comment

• fadetogrey
        • Apr 2009

Has anyone had any experience with LD Tuttle boots?

I've been wanting a pair of thigh high boots for a while and found a pair of theirs on sale last weekend, but now that they've arrived I'm not sure about the quality. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Guidi, Ann, Rick, YY, etc... but the sole/ actual foot part of the boots is so light... not "substantial" feeling... I don't know... opinions/experiences anyone?

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

i've never been completely won over by the tuttles. its weird, they appeal to me one minute and then so-so the next. i never made the jump to try them, but i have no doubt they are on the verge of something good (like marsell after they explored a different heel shape). regardless of my random thoughts...a theory i follow (sometimes its just intuition), is, if you ask the question perhaps your doubts are already answering your gut reaction...of course you can always get sole protectors if you really like them!

Comment

• TheDivinitus
            • Jul 2011

fadetogrey, I own LD Tuttle Shapers from AW 2009 - Didn't notice anything unusual, whoever - and maybe it answers the question - when I think about it now, I wear them in spring-early summer time mostly.
            blog

Comment

• Rosenrot
              • Aug 2010

Has anyone bought the Damir Doma creepers yet? How do they fit? Also I showed them to a friend and he said they look like horse hooves
              Originally posted by Patroklus
              Better too adventurous than not enough
              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• fadetogrey
                • Apr 2009

rider, divinitus, thanks for your feedback. I just spent some time playing dress-up and I think I may keep them and take them to the cobbler for a protective sole.

TheDivinitus- is it a matter of warmth or do you just not find yourself wearing dresses/skirts as much in the fall/winter?

Rosenrot- I was debating those, but I decided that I would probably get tired of the creeper sole, as much as I was in love with them on the runway. I haven't tried them on though, so I'm not sure about fit. I didn't dare show them to my boyfriend I'm sure he would have hated them, not that that would ever stop me from buying something!

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

the damir doma creepers are drop dead amazing. i am tempted to stock up so i have forever stock...thats how much i love them. i style outfits around them instead of visa versa...
                  i have the thigh highs and would love to find another 3" wedge style if you can guide me there i would be grateful . i've looked laboriously for them.

fit is very narrow in the toe so best to size up.

this is a purchase you wont regret and may cause an addiction to hoof-like footwear.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

I have a number of hoof-like footwear, so the horse hoof comment didn't quite deter me. What I'm afraid of is getting bored of creepers, like what fadetogrey said. I'm deciding between the thigh highs, or the low-soled ankle boots, if I'm getting them. Problem is, the low-soled boots are only available in size 40, but I'm a true 38. Will it be a problem I can solve by stuffing a few insoles?

On a different note, a month ago I saw the creepers in DSM, you might want to check them out.
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                      thanks! my friend will be visiting the US soon in fact, will give her the addresses.

in the meantime, any other online stores besides those above-mentioned?
                      Robin Richman in Chicago has Guidis. I tried some over-the-knee boots there this fall that I was $2200 away from buying...

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

Dear Rosenrot, I am indebted to you and also to Audrey at Damir Doma for steering me to DSM. The Fosty's are on their way to my home.
                        Its so satisfying to see these searches come to fruition. I really love these shoes.

the thigh highs are so downtown sexy. i would get a 39 if you are a true 38. I'm a 36.5 and I got the 37's in the TH but I did get the 38 in the shoe because they seem a bit stiffer with less give.

Comment

• Lumina
                          • Dec 2009

rider > great for you ! they are not my type of shoes, but I find them very striking and interesting, and I would really love to see them in an whole outfit !
                          Did you took the low ankle or the thigh high version ?

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

embarrassing, but...i'm a tad compulsive when i find something i like, so i have the thigh high's and now i have the creeper shoe.

(TH's on today as a matter of fact...they go great with rick stuff)
                            if i took a picture today it would be:
                            damir doma thigh high's
                            rick owens black ribbed leggings
                            rick owens black tank sheer dress
                            lilies brown draped ls tee over it
                            drkshdw drk brown stag coat

ddicked out.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
                              rider > great for you ! they are not my type of shoes, but I find them very striking and interesting, and I would really love to see them in an whole outfit !
                              Did you took the low ankle or the thigh high version ?
                              if i looked as good in flats as you do, i would give them a try in a flash.

rilu, my self portrait taking skills suck.

Comment

• Lumina
                                • Dec 2009

thanks
                                I'll try them on if I happen to find them, but I already have my new pair of shoes for the season

But anyway, with such a description, it's cruel not to take a picture of both your pairs of shoes !!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎