X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Funny you should say this - there was a pretty hilarious article in the New Yorker, in the Talk of the Town section, a while ago that basically said "James Franco can do it all."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I think someone linked that here, or maybe it was a TV excerpt because I remember reading/hearing about him.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

after years of seeing him walk the streets in thong underwear, i find out today his name is terry coyote..

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

didn't fadetoblack actually link that article IIRC?
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• CUTUP
            • Sep 2009

I giggle a little bit when I see kids trying to sell a used pair of Dior jeans for like $800 + on forums. Some of the listings have been around for over 6 months and no price drops

You people missed the boat, prices like that may have passed many years ago when everyone was still Hedi crazy, but its really hit or miss ( mostly miss) with Dior pieces IMO, especially the denim

I mean hell, do people pay prices like these http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-Bleu-...ht_1736wt_1000 ???

I know it was a popular wash but shit, like 1k for a used pair???
            Originally posted by marco-von
            this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

that was from New York magazine and was a "cover story" lol...had no idea the New Yorker got in on it as well with TOTT. Gonna look that up for some laughs.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

bid on a new house so bid me luck.

Comment

• DmD
                  • Jul 2010

^ good luck kink on the house kunk. But if you win the bid you might be buying less clothes and spending money on your house. At least that happened to me .

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

1st night out in a long time, and 2 minutes in, guy knocks my Chimay all over my outfit. time to go to drycleaners...

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      speaking of RISD, how in the bloody bollocks is James Franco gonna handle RISD in addition to a Yale PhD in English? Either he's bipolar or it's all a big performance arty joke and apparently I"m not clued in on it
                      I called bullshit before he showed up but supposedly he's managing the work / at the very least people have actually seen him around. As the article said I don't think the actual work he's doing is doing is considered to be very good but at least he's trying. If he's really working as hard as he says he is he could do some really good work but as I often find there's no point in making yourself a martyr to work when the idea itself isn't functional. 12 hours a day of work won't make a shit concept good (96% of the time).
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

For what it's worth, the short story he got published in Esquire a while back wasn't very good. The prose, the dialogue were ill-observed in their nuances. And apparently he's got a novel under his belt for his undergrad creative writing thesis...
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

So the mighty one is facing the common dilemma of mere mortals..

Somehow i have this weird sudden sickness that i dont know what it really is. i dont feel ill, but there is all of these strange itching bumps on my skin.....................
                          I cant afford to be be sick right now, just cant......................gotta get a remedy thats as sudden as the sickness itself,.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            For what it's worth, the short story he got published in Esquire a while back wasn't very good. The prose, the dialogue were ill-observed in their nuances. And apparently he's got a novel under his belt for his undergrad creative writing thesis...
                            I'm not envious of his situation - being asked to present your first and typically least works in the public sphere.
                            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                              • Oct 2009

Kanye West...

...has he gone completely nuts?!?
                              "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                So the mighty one is facing the common dilemma of mere mortals..

Somehow i have this weird sudden sickness that i dont know what it really is. i dont feel ill, but there is all of these strange itching bumps on my skin.....................
                                I cant afford to be be sick right now, just cant......................gotta get a remedy thats as sudden as the sickness itself,.

chickenpox/shingles: calamine lotion
                                scabies (dude, no offense and yes, people get it more often than you'd think): permethrin cream

maybe it's just a rash due to stress... but go see a doctor, man!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎