Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgan85
    • Apr 2008

For buyers, it might be of some concern that recent amendments to the PayPal User Agreement state (at the 9837345th line), that there is no guarantee of refund if the seller plays you out, even if you win the PayPal Dispute. That amendment is the first thing PayPal staff will point you to if you win a dispute and for some reason or another (including seller withdrawing funds to his/her bank account) there are insufficient funds in the seller's account to reimburse you fully, if at all.

[Scott.M and myself just had a painful experience with a Thai seller claiming to be from Japan over some Linea/L'malteri shirts.]

J
    ________
    AMATEUR STREAMING
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

if there are insufficient funds, PayPal will contact the seller constantly via phone and then mail letters

if you read the fine print they've stated if the seller doesn't pay up when they lost the dispute that PayPal will hire collection agencies. i guess the seller could technically still not pay but it may affect their credit report or something dunno

Comment

• jgan85
        • Apr 2008

^ that system works fine in the North American continent, not in Asia. I have refunds outstanding from non-NA sellers which are already 3 years in the collection.
        ________
        Big Dick Fucking
        Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

Does anyone have any experience with the error page that states "Sorry - your last action could not be completed." ?

I can't send money out because I keep going to this page after having entered e-mail, dollar amount, payment type and clicking continue- it's frustrating and Paypal have only told me to clear my browser cache and cookies. I managed to get their technical guys to look at the account but I was curious as to your experiences.
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

i get that error sometimes if i'm trying to pay someone through eBay using Opera. switching to using Internet Explorer usually fixes it

though it might not work for you =/

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

Does anyone know if i violate the rules for paypal if i use my fathers credit card to pay for an item?

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Any german members here who know if why the "PERSONAL" tab is missing on the german paypal page? I cannot send payments as "gift"s...or is it just my account?
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• dolochov
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                  Any german members here who know if why the "PERSONAL" tab is missing on the german paypal page? I cannot send payments as "gift"s...or is it just my account?
                  nope, I haven't seen it yet either.

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

This is great, a week ago i sent paypal a scanned phone bill invoice, wich was neglected (after 4 days) with to motivation "too blurry". Then, i used the scanner at school to submit the same invoice again and when it finaly gets approved (another 3 days of waiting) they decide that the photo ID that i submitted almost a MONTH ago is invalid (although it was accepted without any complaints when i first sent it).
                    So now the want to see another scanned image of my passport, wich i cannot submit because i have already reached their upload limit (5mb)...

So i will basicly have to suck my teachers dick or something to use the fax at school in order to provide them with a second photo id.

im going insane

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

now that is seriously some scary shit.

Comment

• mw000
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                        http://paypal.ctyme.com/paypal/paypalsucks.htm

now that is seriously some scary shit.
                        WOW...and I use paypal all the time too.

I haven't really had any major issues with it, just a few annoying things here and there.

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

so, today paypal officialy closed down my account, with the reason being that i in their opinion fail to prove that i had not being doing any "shady business".

They will also keep (and collect interest from) my 800usd that was in the account for 180days before they will return it to my bank account.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Sorry to hear that.
                            It seems like many american corporations always assume you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
                            They don't answer to anyone and they don't mind screwing over individuals because individually, nobody poses a threat to them.

The fact that they keep peoples' money for 180 days and profit off of the interest during that time is probably why they do it. They can, so they do.

In my opinion, in the past 9 years, corporations have taken cues from the American government. Meaning that corporations have noticed that the government can get away with anything without people ever complaining about it or fighting back, so they realized that as corporations, they can push people and the people take it.

Credit card companies can jack up your interest rate without even notifying you these days...banks can practically get away with anything they want. Change the terms of loans, force certain insurance on you if you have a mortgage...you name it.
                            So unfortunately, this is just a small symptom of a much bigger problem and it likely won't get any better, at least in the U.S.

We're talking about a country that supports (and some) actually encourage a health care system that literally makes profits by denying people coverage for treatment that will dictate whether they live or die. IE: The more people they worm out of covering for things like cancer treatments, transplants...any kind of chronic issue where you need ongoing treatment, many insurance companies actually pay bonuses to their employees who figure out how to cut you off and not pay for your care.
                            And without getting too political, there is a huge portion of people who march through the streets actually demanding that this type of behavior is protected so there will be no change.

I feel for you. I hope you get your funds back safe and sound. Just be glad you don't live in the United States right now where just about every company that you have to deal with has adopted this type of unethical behavior of fucking individuals just to make a few extra bucks.

I know this has nothing to do with clothing and style but it's ridiculous that we even need to be discussing how many ways we're getting screwed by Paypal when WE'RE the ones making them. Paypal made literally billion$ in profits last year.
                            All of that from people like you and me who use their services regularly.
                            They're not likely to change the way they deal with their customers, ever.
                            Last edited by beardown; 10-10-2009, 06:05 PM. Reason: couldn't find the exact amount of profit for paypal in 2008
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• stereophobic
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                              And without getting too political, there is a huge portion of people who march through the streets actually demanding that this type of behavior is protected so there will be no change.
                              Hopefully not too offtopic, as a neutral observer the teabaggers make my head spin. I really hope your country will dig itself out of this hole its created since 1982, but the pessimist in me thinks otherwise.
                              Last edited by stereophobic; 10-10-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: apostrophes are my arch-enemy.
                              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Vikeid
                                • Feb 2009

have checked around paypal for awhile but not found the info i needed. is it wise to upgrade my account now when i have been selling some stuff? before this ive remembered they took like.. maybe 6% of my money? but reasently i think it was around 4% but i dont find any info how much it costs to upgrade my account (if i even need it) or the exact amount of money they take. i havnt changed my account since i made it some year ago.

also, if i make a payment and have for example 50$ on my paypal account. will they first use them and then use the money on my credit card when i make a payment?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎