• endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

^ that's no surprise

Comment

• swrecked
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by rudo View Post
      Processor is faster but still much slower than competitors even to a phone that came out 6 months ago. I know the reason people love iphone is not the hardware and yes ios is much stable OS, but the difference is getting bigger and bigger between iphone and android phones..
      In which direction is the gap widening, and why do you think that?

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
        I completely agree with both of you. The only reason I'd have to root an android would be to be able to pirate apps. The iphone basically needs to be jailbroken for it to reach it's potential though.
        you don't need to root your phone to pirate apps.

waiting for docomo's presentation on the 18th. hope there's an android flip.

anyone played around with meego on the n9? looks pretty slick

Comment

• luke
          • Mar 2011

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post this in, but I didn't see a developer thread so...

Google aims to replace JavaScript with a new language aimed at larger web applications. Looks pretty interesting, but too early to tell how it will actually do in actual practice.
          Dart is an approachable, portable, and productive language for high-quality apps on any platform.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Don't install iOS 5 today.

The server is slammed, and if it fails to respond at certain points in the install process, it (probably temporarily) bricks your device. I'm currently hoping my iPad will unbrick, but ...
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

So, a new costumer can walk in and buy the new iPhone from ATT for $200 with a 2 year contract. I, an ATT customer for 5 years, who "qualifies for an upgrade" can have it for $449 with the 2 year contract. ATT, you are fucking stupid.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swrecked
                • Sep 2011

Another RIM outage. Seriously. It probably couldn't have happened to them at a worse time.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Any rumors whether Apple will drop the iPad price in the near future?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Oh, fuck, we are all doomed.

Apple is building a TV

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Oh, fuck, we are all doomed.

Apple is building a TV
                      Been excited for this, honestly.

As for the Ipad price... honestly it's doubtful as solid state memory is still quite expensive. I'd guess that at least for the next product cycle the price points will stay the same but we'll see added features like a built-in projector and god knows what else. A slapchop and a diabetic test kit.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I was gonna joke that the next ipad will cure cancer, but it's a terrible joke these days :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uL7iMa
                          • Oct 2010

anyone gonna get this phone?

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by uL7iMa View Post
                            http://www.google.com/nexus/

anyone gonna get this phone?
                            Google already knows far too much about me...I don't need them following my every footstep. I envision this phone messaging you with coupons for toilet paper when it sees you sitting on toilet.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I was eagerly waiting for it, but they made it quite a bit larger than the previous ones which is a bit dissapointing. the iphone/galaxy/etc size range is perfectly pocketable, this one is about 10mm longer, a few mm's wider and also 20% heavier. a hair thinner though, so will have to handle it to see the difference in practice, but I might stick to my Nexus S which has been great.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

I'm debating it. I made the mistake of getting a Droid Charge, which is also known as "The worst phone in history." So, I need a new phone, and soon. Probably going to go back to Apple, as iOS is just far more functional than Android. But, 4G tethering is hard to give up after getting used to.

Also, the ads that pop up over google maps now, as my phone takes 20-30 minutes to get a GPS signal, are beyond the pale. I don't think any single decision has made me as angry at a tech company as this one.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎