X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

well yea the megapixel count in this case is basically the same as taking a good 10mp photo and just resizing it to 500%
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

oh, it's some type of interpolation? meh..

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Be bold.

Sometimes it's more important to be funny than to have good taste.

sain't

Comment

• Pumpfish
          • Sep 2010

Never a bad moment for the tongue in cheek!
          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• MJRH
            • Nov 2006

for the etymologically inclined, "mobile fusion" is also particularly apt
            ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
              I really don't unterstand the point of an iPad Mini... Or may be to compete the Samsung Note ?
              I don't understand the appeal of any iPad or tablet. I can't think of anything I would do on it that I can't do on my phone. I am extremely pleased with my 2.5 lb laptop with a quad processor. boots in 5 sec and has full hd display. it gets decent battery life and if I add the sheet battery I'm good for almost 10 hours .... and it's not much bigger than an iPad.

I'm soo happy I never bought the iPad(I was a click away) & put that $$ into the new laptop..now if iOS 6 jail break would come out I could tether and be even happier.

Comment

• Arcane
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                I don't understand the appeal of any iPad or tablet. I can't think of anything I would do on it that I can't do on my phone. I am extremely pleased with my 2.5 lb laptop with a quad processor. boots in 5 sec and has full hd display. it gets decent battery life and if I add the sheet battery I'm good for almost 10 hours .... and it's not much bigger than an iPad.

I'm soo happy I never bought the iPad(I was a click away) & put that $$ into the new laptop..now if iOS 6 jail break would come out I could tether and be even happier.
                I use it a lot. For me it's basically a question of the easy access. My computer is my work tool and I sit in front of it at least 8 hours every single day. When I get home and want to browse the web, write an email or watch a movie in my bed it's genius to have an iPad instead of being forced to sit even more in front of the computer. The easy access also alows me to do whatever I intend to and then put it away. If I get the computer out of my bag, set it up and start using it, I tend to spend more time on it than if I use my iPad.

Needless to say, it's great when I'm out taking pictures as I can just transfer the images and have a quick look at them. Even do a quick test edit if I feel like it. Obviously, it's also great for traveling.

Before I got one I was very sceptical as well but now I love it and I definatley can't do with only my phone.

That being said, all the benefits I see with the iPad kind of goes out the window with the mini, but I suppose there's a market for it. Both Google and Samsung have mini tablets that seem to do reasonsbly well. I don't think it's a typical Apple product but maybe they'll give in to market more now that Jobs isn't there anymore.
                Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post

I 100% whole-heartedly agreed with you re: Ipads and/or tablets. That is, until I needed a color-accurate display on the go... notebook screens are notoriously horrible (usually just heavily blue or red biased), and cannot be made accurate with any degree of calibration.

That being said, I haven't received mine yet, but I look forward to using it in tandem with a wireless keyboard for emailing on the go, and color verification while at the studio.

-

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

dunno. i'm currently imprisoned in my apt due to the storm. at this second, i'm listening to radio on my phone and typing this on my ultrabook (in size only) while lying in my bed, head on my pillow using a bluetooth mouse on a bedside table. I'm pretty damn comfortable. oh, i'm also downloading a few movies & tv stuff to get me thru the rest of the day & tomorrow.....take that ipad

ps:intend to get a WiDi receiver for my tv to stream right from my bed. i'm not sayin i would never use an ipad if i had 1 but the combo of an iphone & an ultra portable, powerful laptop works perfectly for me.

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

anyone here using HP ENVY models can give some feedback?
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

my wife has a 13" envy, the model is a few years old though but it has worked fine. some of the envy models are/were relatively heavy, but I think there are some brand new models that are lighter. I have a HP desktop and laptop at work, and have been happy with both.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

file under technology is f'ing awesome:

When Twitter user @comfortablysmug starting spreading false information last night, Buzzfeed's Andrew Kaczynski went after him - first by tweet, then by tumblr:

[I]n the chaos around Hurricane Sandy, [@comfortablysmug tried] to trick his media followers, and their followers and readers in turn, with fake news. He reported, falsely, on a total blackout in Manhattan, on a flood on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and other things that didn’t happen. Two of his tweets garnered more than 500 retweets. One drew a rebuke from ConEd’s official Twitter account. Twitter’s self-correction mechanism — rebukes and rebuttals from knowledgeable sources — shut down each rumor, but not until at least one, the flood claim, had bled widely into the television media.

Today, Jack Stuef exposed the Internet villian:

What leads a person to do such a thing, which his critics have likened to shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theater? It’s unclear. But perhaps it has something to do with the nature of anonymity. If there are no consequences for posting false "BREAKING" news, there’s an incentive to do it to an accumulate a large audience.

What @comfortablysmug didn’t count on, apparently, was losing that anonymity. Based on photos he censored and posted to the account but I found unedited elsewhere, @comfortablysmug is Shashank Tripathi, a hedge-fund analyst and the campaign manager of Christopher R. Wight, this year’s Republican candidate for the U.S. House from New York’s 12th congressional district. FEC documents show Wight has paid Tripathi thousands of dollars this election cycle as a "consultant." @comfortablysmug has been a vocal supporter of Mitt Romney and posted tweets suggesting he attended this year’s Republican convention. He’s listed here by a local Republican group coordinating volunteers for a Romney phone bank.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

so Ives is now head of software and hardware design. i hope he redesigns the entire iOS and OS X UI so it doesn't look like adolescent skeuomorphic nightmare.

i'm still slave to OS X with the freaking leather trimmed calendar, but I don't think I want to use iOS anymore until someone cleans it up (hence my inquiry on windows 8 phones because it looks really sharp to me)

meanwhile, I got the late 2012 mac mini with a dell display. didn't want to wait for the new imac anymore. runs ok with stock HD, but waiting for my SSD Raid kit whenever the mail delivers..

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              my wife has a 13" envy, the model is a few years old though but it has worked fine. some of the envy models are/were relatively heavy, but I think there are some brand new models that are lighter. I have a HP desktop and laptop at work, and have been happy with both.
                              Thanks A. I also found out that ENVY are actually their lighter laptops with build battery.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                i'm still slave to OS X with the freaking leather trimmed calendar, but I don't think I want to use iOS anymore until someone cleans it up (hence my inquiry on windows 8 phones because it looks really sharp to me)
                                interesting. i'm a long time doze user who tried to become a mac fanboy and just couldn't. I really wanted to buy the new macbook air. I test drove it for a month and returned it. I just never got a feel for the os. on the other hand, I really like iOS on the phone. I HATE itunes (only use it for the phone itself and never as a media player)and the new maps but other than that, I think it's fine. what do feel needs cleaning up?
                                btw,I'm pretty sure il'l stick with win7. I was on xp 'till a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎