Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Then I am more skeptical it is for me, but the shape is still quite tantalizing. I am sure you will be more than happy with them. :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
      Thanks, that's what I suspected. Then I am more skeptical it is for me, but the shape is still quite tantalizing. I am sure you will be more than happy with them. :)
      I was perusing the FAQ this morning and someone asks your exact question and the response is that the glass would just be way too heavy at that point.

I do know that the manufacturing process would change in that scenario as well with more casting for heavy solid glass rather than doing more hand blown techniques for a two layer construction. Each is certainly intriguing in its own way :)

Definitely will be happy. Sruli and his team always do great work!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Halibut
        • Sep 2014

I bought two glasses. The design is clearly well thought out from a whiskey lover's perspective, though the video is a bit ridiculous.

I'm impressed the project got funded in less than three days.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I also went in for a 4 glass set, 2 for my father, 2 for my husband
          I was also attracted by the box set, but since I intended to separate the set, it didn't make sense

I'm excited to see the end result, the animation of whiskey ocean waves inside the glass looked very cool
          Last edited by galia; 11-07-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

As a drinker I am getting me a set........should be cool
            want to see him doing clothing again though, even if on a smaller scale than before. Miss the humor of his work!
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

I went for the 4 glass set as well. There has to be some stretch goal goodies. Funding has more than doubled in less and a week. damn!

A - since you're in the type of environment that uses borosilicate glass do you think it'll have good weight? I'm a tad concerned that the Norlan will feel too precious and not have enough weight to it. Love a nice heavy tumbler, hoping that these glasses will be somewhat substantial.

Z - he's been working on some cool product design stuff with a friend of mine. last time we chatted he was focusing more on that. I guess we'll just wait and see if and when he returns back to clothing
              Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Halibut
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                I
                A - since you're in the type of environment that uses borosilicate glass do you think it'll have good weight? I'm a tad concerned that the Norlan will feel too precious and not have enough weight to it. Love a nice heavy tumbler, hoping that these glasses will be somewhat substantial.
                clothing
                Not him but double walled glasses tend to be on the delicate side. I'm guessing the weight of the bits in the bottom of the glasses will help give a more substantial feel.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                  I went for the 4 glass set as well. There has to be some stretch goal goodies. Funding has more than doubled in less and a week. damn!

Z - he's been working on some cool product design stuff with a friend of mine. last time we chatted he was focusing more on that. I guess we'll just wait and see if and when he returns back to clothing
                  Halibut (great username btw) is probably on point. It'll feel somewhat lightweight, but the base should still have more weight than the top based on the design. If you use the classic flat based tulip style glasses for whisky/scotch/bourbon the Norlan glass shouldn't be too much of a change.

Sruli's definitely working on some cool stuff. I don't imagine that he has the time to go back to garment design, and he has shown his ability to innovate in a range of fields. Always love seeing what he is doing next!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                    • Apr 2009

Also went with four glasses. Always a bit sceptical about new designs of whisky glasses but pricing is fair and worth a shot :)

Comment

• Gatsu
                      • Jul 2015

I saw the brace on the site and its so cool. Im hypermobile and have dislocated ribs but what will the brace do for me?

Comment

• Gatsu
                        • Jul 2015

Can someone tell me about the Hakamas that Sruli made? do you find them ok?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Last I remember, his stuff (sold at ra278.tumblr.com) had a lot of larger stuff (48-50).

Originally posted by PUCK
                          So late to the party on Sruli's work.

I love so much of it, the process, and the technique is intricate and you can really tell from seeing it first hand that there was serious thought behind the cut and making things not just in a clever way, but in a way that is utilitarian and artful.

I wish he was still making work, unfortunately everything I find from him doesn't fit my giant frame. I do have the horsehide Ipad holster bag and its awesome, the cut, color, and texture have to be seen and felt.

art in motion.

-P

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                            • Jan 2013

Got my first taste using the Norlan glasses (with some Ardbeg). Definitely superior to usual snifters: less ethanol on the nose, more balanced taste. I recommend it!

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

Nice to hear it was a successful project for the ones pitching in cash. Even better that you like it.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I got the Norlan glasses yesterday, and immediately did a test drive with Nikka coffee grain whiskey. I can confirm that indeed it was a more enjoyable experience. I liked how the shape of the glass accentuated the whiskey's scent and how the double sided construction kept it cool (I like my whiskey with an ice cube in it). I would say if you are a whiskey drinker, these are a no-brainer.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎